Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am one lucky SOB

BayouBrave86

Earlier this month my friend Matt wrecked his car by taking a turn too quickly and running into a trailor. He was told by the medics had he just been several feet over from the impact he probably would've killed the freind he had with him in the car. Two or three days later my friend Brandon accidentally ran a red light (stupid on his part) he was cleaning his windshield with that windshield wiper stuff and he was temporarily blinded and glanced up at the light but didn't see red. He got clipped from behind and both wheels on the back flew off. Amazingly all 3 were fine after their accidents. Two weeks later my best friend Doug is down in OBX with his girlfriend. He gets a flat tire and his car flips into a ditch. They are trapped in the car for about 3 hours until they are rescued. They too come away with minor injuries. Two nights ago, my best friend Jake was leaving a party, I was suppose to crash over at his house but I left with my friend Allison instead. I was really close to going home with Jake because I wanted to stay out later, but I chose not too. On his way home, Jake flips his SUV into a ditch, sliding 40 yards on the roof. Medics get to him and are amazed he is still alive. He is rushed to MCV. He amazingly comes away with just minor head wounds. He tells me had I been with him in the passenger side I probably would have died. 5 minutes before he wrecked he had just dropped off my friend Jason who is going off to college later this week. Then tonight...my best friend Ian goes out with his buddies Kevin and Neil, whom Im friends with as well..are going down to this kids lake house. Kevin takes a turn too quickly..flips his Honda Prelude. It rolls and hits a few trees. Ian luckily chose to ride down to the house with another one of his friends. He witnessed this all happen. Had he been in the backseat of Kevin's car..he would have easily died. Kevin and Neil survived amazingly as well. Medics couldn't believe they survived. They were rushed to MCV as well. God is watching out for my friends and I. Im very lucky to still be here and still have my friends. Especially my 3 best friends.

Man you and all your friends better move out into the Australian bush or something – get the hell away from civilization while you have breath !

Really though, glad everyone lived to tell the story… you’re fortunate indeed.

And stop saying mean things about your mom. :silly:

Yep. You're one lucky/fortuitous fellow. So are your friends. I'd say that you all have been provided a few warning shots. I'd pay attention to them. Sure those driving around you all would appreciate it. :D Now start being careful. :cool:

BTW, interesting choice of terms. "crash" at a friends house. shudder. :silly:

:cheers:

Im honest to God that all of this has taken place in the past month. Matt can be a showoff at times. Brandon was stupid for wiping his windshield while driving. Doug got a flat tire and tried to pull over to the side of the road but he turned the wheel too quick, flipping the vehicle. Jake was a little under the influence (stupidest of all) and he saw headlights misjudged it and swerved and over corrected the wheel, flipping his SUV. And Kevin was showboating. So all in all all of them acted stupidly except Doug. I just can't believe how 3 of my best friends have been in accidents in the past month, along with a few of my other friends. Just unreal.

How old are you Warpath? Most of us are lucky to make it to age 25. Thats a nice way of saying young American males are not particularly bright. You don't get a flat and flip a vehicle unless you are already driving at high speed. The problem with being reckless is sometimes you hurt or kill other people in the process. Not trying to bust your chops here. I'm glad you (and your friends are okay), but as you get older you realize just how precious life is and act accordingly...

Tell your friends to get their testosterone under control, knock off the 'showboating', and try to be careful so they too can live to see 25.....btw...I can be a lecturing pr*ck because I, like many here, was young and stupid at one time, and lived to know better. Glad you're safe.

I'm 18 .. and my friends and I have our fun .. modded up cars and all that .. but I think your friends just suck at driving or do particularly stupid stuff because none of my friends have gotten in accidents except for a couple girls who got in some fender benders. Anyways .. feel lucky you're allright. Just drive your own car, I tend not to feel safe in anyone else's.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Reminds me of that movie "Final Destination".

That's the first thing I though of :laugh:

But don't worry Warpath, just tell your friends to be careful.

(More proof that Virginians don't know how to drive :doh: )

First, you have way too many best friends.

Second, Im not so sure you should find yourself lucky to have so many accident prone friends--the law of averages eventually catches up with you.

Third, let us know which highways you and your friends frequent so we can stay the he!! away.

Yeah, if your friends think they're indestructible can you please remind them that they can end up killing a family or father or mother out there? I don't care if some idiot kills himself being stupid( I do care, but not as much) but I'd hate to see some young punk take out a family because he had to showboat.

Archived