Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Albert Haynesworth fails to complete second part of conditioning test

Oldskool

Sounds like he could have passed it but just gave up. Maybe he shouldnt go so hard on the first half next time. You would think after losing 40 something pounds that hed be in a lot better shape though

Agree, nice sig. I had been trying to figure out how to turn that picture into a sig for a while. lol

Uh yea, his bathroom break was definitely him throwing up his breakfast and last night's dinner

Football practice in this heat isn't easy.

I dont think so I remember running sprints (soccer) and throwing up in the middle of running but i just kept going. He had to drop the deuce you can vomit anywhere but you can only drop the kids off at the pool.

A 300 yard shuttle is (read "should be") nothing for a football player. That's 150 feet 6 times. 900 feet.

My guess is he thought there was going to be one 300 yard shuttle, busted it out, got sick, and then was spent when he came back.

I think he'll pass tomorrow and be right on track.

That said, unless he was still queezy, he still should have been able to run 900 feet a few times. That's less than 5 trips down and back on a basketball court...

Sounds like he could have passed it but just gave up. Maybe he shouldnt go so hard on the first half next time. You would think after losing 40 something pounds that hed be in a lot better shape though
40 something? Wow, that weight loss number just keeps creeping higher and higher.:ols:

Anyway, Haynesworth is where he is suppose to be and several of his teammates have said that he looks to be in a lot better shape than he was at this time last year. Maybe Albert walking during the second part of the test was some kind of tantrum.:whoknows:

A shuttle run is normally back and forth twice. Was this running 75 yards down and back twice or 50 yards down and back thrice?

from DC Pro Sports Report

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/07/29/haynesworth-needed-a-potty-break/

According to TopEndSports.com, a site of which we’d previously never heard, the 300-yard shuttle test focuses on anaerobic conditioning, requiring the athlete to engage in a series of six 25-yard sprints, back and forth like eyeballs watching a tennis match. Then, after completing the first 300-yard run and following a five-minute rest period, the athlete must do it again.

Would this be a good time to remind everyone that he only played a little over half the d snaps last year to begin with so, this is normal for him, and that he does want out of here?

I'm not sure on this but I think I read that he played 68% of the snaps when he was in the game, that is more than most OL play.

A league source confirmed that Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth failed a portion of his conditioning test earlier today and will not be allowed to practice when the team hits the field for the start of training camp at 4 p.m.

The source said coach Mike Shanahan ran the test, which ended with a disagreement between Haynesworth and the Redskins about his physical condition.

Haynesworth was scheduled to run two 300-yard sets. On both sets, the source said, Haynesworth finished in enough time.

But Shanahan, according to the source, thought Haynesworth took too much time to rest between the two sets and made him run a third 300-yard set, which Haynesworth failed.

Shanahan said Wednesday that Haynesworth would not be allowed to practice until he passed the test.

Until he puts on pads for the first time, Haynesworth is eligible to be put on the physically unable to perform list.

Sounds like a pissing contest between the two...

well...i'll wait to pass judgement, but it seems like he'll be fine. he may have even "had to take a break" simply in his own form of defiance to the "conditioning test."

that said...i feel like this:

supposedly AH was conducting his own "offseason conditioning program" with his personal trainer/s & this is why he did not join the team during OTA's. he repeatedly droned on about how he felt he was out of shaped last year because he didn't work out with his guy/s.

Shanahan stated that he would be subjected to a "conditioning test" which he must pass before he would be allowed to "join the team."

then, he came in today supposedly sans 40 or so lbs & "killed it" during the first 1.5 of the "test."

seems to me that AH is in shape, although Shanahan wasn't going to cut him any slack because he had to take a pee break. this "test" while sounding excessive to many, is certainly passable for a man who was "working hard getting into shape during the entire offseason."

excessive...maybe...passable for a professional athlete who was conditioning himself away from the team all offseason? most definitely.

seems to me that this is more just a statement of fact (he failed the conditioning test) sans some other pertinent info in another rouse by the networks/media to wring as much "story" out of this situation as possible.

i'll bet he passes it tomorrow & this story is done.

at least until another mountain building opportunity derives from some otherwise irrelevant molehill.

Archived