Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm TIRED!!!!!

Thinking Skins

When are we going to hear something new? Do you know how boring it is to wake up in the morning log on to WashingtonPost and Washington Times and see the same boring stories about our situation at DT. I go ahead and read through and see the same news that has been reported over and over again since Saturday night with the addition of one or two new lines.

I'm tired of driving home from school every day only to hear about how bad the Redskins are. Everybody is talking about how bad our DL is, how bad our offense, and just how bad our team is. I'm really used to the negative media publicity, but not from the local media. Since when do the Sports Reporters go on the air and say that Spurrier going to get fired because he's going 6-10 this year?

And then its always the same thing. Its never like "we made some mistakes in the first two games, did this wrong or that wrong." Its always "THIS TEAM SUCKS!", "What kind of team drops passes?" "What kind of team gets penalties" "This is just unheard of for an NFL team". WTF? Then everybody and I mean everybody on the radio is like because we had a bad two first drives saturday that we are destined for doom. I dont understand it.

But I dont get mad about that cause I can't really talk sense into them. I don't get that civersational touch with the radio that I get with Extremeskins. So i've been coming here and venting my anger with a few posts about my faith in the team. But its like even when we do some good things we just keep hearing about how much doom this team is destined for. Whats up with that? I mean I understand questioning some moves and wondering if its a good move or not, but I'm used to the majority of this board being full of FANS who believe that the Redskins are actually a good team. Its normally the rarity for someone to come in and be critical of our handling of a situation, like last year with ASF. I enjoyed those conversations because though we had no OL, it wasn't like everybody was against the skins.

All this negativity, its not making me change my views at all. I KNOW that we'll have a tight defense next year and team overall. That's the farthest thing from my mind. But it would be nice to see more people have faith in the skins.

Hey Blakman....don't sweat it....blame it on the Norv years like I do. We've all become so conditioned to getting our hopes up, to offseason's with such promise, only to have them dashed once the regular season gets here. Once the season gets going, and we actually have a chance to settle things on the field, I'm still optimistic we can turn the corner this year and finally start vanquishing some of those wretched old ghosts from our recent past. What you are seeing and hearing now is the old 'whistling past the graveyard' routine on a massive scale. I think a lot of folks (here and elsewhere) can't bear the thought of succumbing to optimism again if they're ultimately going to be disappointed. So, they overreact by being wildly pessimistic on the theory that 'the fall won't hurt is much'. I'm glad some are not doom and gloomers. There will be some good wins for us this year. We've got too much talent for their not to be. Whether its enough to break that 8-8 gauntlet we've seemed stuck at for so long, I don't know, but I think this is the year we finally show promise and start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

what gets me about the local press is that because we are not piling on the points like we did last year all of a sudden the offense is gonna suck????Was it me or did i see a drive saturday that was pretty much, hand off to watson and pile on yards. Does anybody really believe that SS is gonna run that much during the regular season??? if you do then i got a bridge etc......, I think the ole ball coach learned last year not to give away too much, and i think this year he is not giving away anything at the expense of games that dont matter. As far as the defense is concerned i think it is more a matter of finding out who will play where as opposed to actually stopping the run. i mean if we really had planned for the carolina game we would have but 8 men in the box to stop Stephen and make Rodney Peete actually try to throw against our corners. this season will be alright all the way around (Well maybe the special teams are gonna be bad, i still say fire Stock).

The only folks crying about points on the board in preseason are sponsors, fans who llike bunches of numbers even if they don't mean a thing or at least that much, producers of the shows and those who's job it is to sell the programming in the first place.

Other than the fans, they all need it to get paid. They are gonna' make a big whoop to do about a first down in the 3rd quarter by Bucky Longtooth who's a sign on from Domino's Pizza and Broken Nose Billy the big DT from Frosted Hair State, who made a tackle on a QB who just wanted to be on national t.v. just once.

Then when the season starts, they go hide in their closet and pop back out just near post-season, telling us stuff we already knew and acting like they had our team all the way. Yeah right.

Here's a lollipop - blow it!

Well we better make sure there is plenty of room on the bandwagon, because once the season starts alot of doubters are going to want to get on:cheers:

We are going to have a pretty good year. Norv is dead, let there be much rejoicing.:D :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :jetssuck:

Archived