Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Russell Twitter: Status of Haynesworth, Westbrook

GenMgr

I just want what's good for the team and we're definitely better with him on the field playing hard for us. But that's just it. Will he play hard for us, and has he learned his lesson? Judging by that tweet that his decisions are financially motivated, the answer is no. I'm just hoping that tweet was baseless.

wow 40 pounds?! I wonder where he was at before? Is this an attempt to make sure he doesnt play nose tackle?
If I remember correctly, in one of the articles where his trainer talked about him losing a bunch of weight it was reported that, when he started working out in the spring, he was at 360 or so. So if he lost 30-40 lbs that will put him between 320 and 330 which, I believe, was closer to his playing weight when he was with the Texans. If he worked out right then he could lose that weight while still toning and keeping his muscle. I think if he is in shape and at that 320-330 weight with his power and athleticism for a guy his size he could be a complete nightmare as a 3-4 DE (provided they utilize his talents well).

...we want our DE's to be 350....
Says who?

:whoknows:

Daniels is 310, Holliday 290, Carriker 300.

You must be thinking of NT.

Actually it depends on what style of 3-4 defense do you want to run. Do you run a front 3 attacking style such as Dallas, Pitt and what the Skins want to run or if you're going to run a defense where the front 3 are space eaters for the LB's, such as Balt and GB defenses.

The Skins will be, from all accounts, a team that uses the front 3 to collapse the pocket with Kemoeatu and Haynesworth and Daniels off the edge who can also perform run support.

sadly unless he was 390 he'll have to add weight as we want our DE's to be 350....as long as he has the cardio of Forrest Griffin, I'm happy.

Can you find me a DE playing in the NFL for anyone who weighs 350? Most 3-4 DEs are closer to 300. If you meant NT you might be closer but even then most are lighter than 350.

Haynesworth is losing all of that weight because he doesn't want no part of the NT position. He'll still cause all kinds of havoc at LE or RE. Let's see what happens once he reports to camp.

If Kemo is healthy Al will only see the nose in spot duty and on some 3rd downs IMO.

Sounds good to me. Man i would just love to hear that conversation between Mike and Al.

I wonder how MS feels about him losing all that weight. But i hope to see a pissed-off in-shape Albert.

It's an easy conversation:

AH: Coach I'm here and ready to play. As you can see, I spent the offseason working hard with my trainer. I still don't want to play the NT position, but I'm committed to helping the team win. A lot has been said about how I feel. I told you when I first met you, how I feel. As for that mini-camp last month, I was expressing my displeasure with what I was promised a year ago.

MS: You abandoned your teammates. You're gonna have to convince them. You missed a lot of time and now we have to work extra to bring you up to speed. You're gonna play NT and every position along the line that Jim asks you to because you accepted the check on 4/1. That's behind us, now get your behind on the line and show me you want to be here.

There's a few things people have to remember with the whole situation. 1st, Albert went to Coach like a man and told him his plan upfront. 2nd, He blew off all the voluntary stuff and the 1 mandatory camp which he was fined. He's not the first player to ever do that, and he's not the last. 3rd, All this AH talk about being disgruntled, hasn't come from his lips. I heard the one live interview he did with Sirius Radio the day after talking to MS. He said he wasn't happy with the switch, said he prefered the DE in a 3-4 if he had to play a position in the scheme and said he would play wherever they asked him to play without distraction. In that same interview he said he wanted to get back to his old training habits because that help make him dominant and he didn't feel that way training with the Redskins last offseasn.

Sounds to me like he's lived up to his word thus far. If he's dominating in practice and this scheme is one he finds he can make plays in, he will not be getting shippe dout before the end of the 2011 season. His salary is real team-friendly for the next two seasons.

On another note, the teams frustration is largely because AH doesn't know what this scheme is. I was going to make a post last week about an interview on Sirius with the NFL Godfather of the 3-4. He said he's tutored every 3-4 guru in the league and that he considers Haslett one of the most creative and agressive guys that he's ever taught. He said he's had some conversation with Haslett, but none recently and none directly related to Albert, but he said he knows Jim well enough to know that he will make this defense the AH defense if Albert would just show up. He said he's studied AH's strengths and compared them to Jim's philosophy and he sees Jim using albert in a role that makes him unstoppable by the offensive line because he'll move Albert all over the line, from right DE/left DE making the O-line have to scheme for him alone for many hours of the week and unable to slide protect because he'll be moving all day. Bollough said that scheme with AH takes two things 1. He has to be able to play down-in and down-out, thus he can't be taking himself out of games for breathers and 2. AH has to learn EVERY position on the DL, and Albert hasn't put in time with the playbook learning all those positions. After point #2 the guy really was pissed in his tone (He's a real old guy too). He said, he predicted AH would love Jim once he actually put his hand in the dirt for Jim and said that's why he's so ticked-off about the whole situation.

Take Bollough's comments and re-read all the comments from teammates over the offseason. It sounds like Bollough was dropping a nugget. Expect to see AH all over. Shanahan was most pointed when he said that he expects AH to play whatever position they ask him. Now take the angry spin off it and maybe they are indicating that this defense will feature him, not torture him!

Can you find me a DE playing in the NFL for anyone who weighs 350? Most 3-4 DEs are closer to 300. If you meant NT you might be closer but even then most are lighter than 350.

Haynesworth was listed as being 350 lbs last year and has reportedly lost 40 lbs.

That leaves him at 6'6 310 lbs. Oh my :shhh:

Those are the exact dimensions of another 3-4 DE named Richard Seymour

Haynesworth was listed as being 350 lbs last year and has reportedly lost 40 lbs.

That leaves him at 6'6 310 lbs. Oh my :shhh:

Those are the exact dimensions of another 3-4 DE named Richard Seymour

Exactly my point.

I will also say that if Haynesworth gets his playing head on he will be even more effective as a 3-4 DE than Seymour. Haynesworth is more explosive than Seymour but perhaps lacks his motor and consistency.

Archived