Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Catholic sex scandal as undercover reporter 'films priests at gay clubs and having casual flings'

China

Catholic sex scandal as undercover reporter 'films priests at gay clubs and having casual flings'

A gay priest sex scandal has rocked the Catholic Church in Italy today after a weekly news magazine released details of a shock investigation it had carried out.

Using hidden cameras, a journalist from Panorama magazine - owned by Italian Prime Minister and media baron Silvio Berlusconi - filmed three priests as they attended gay nightspots and had casual sex.

Today there was no immediate comment from the Italian Bishops Conference and the Vatican - which has been rocked by a series of sex scandals involving paedophile priests since the start of the year.

A preview of the Panorama article sent out by email last night added that video footage from the investigation would be made available.

The article describes how the reporter was assisted by a gay 'accomplice' as they 'gate-crashed the wild nights of a number of priests in Rome who live a surprising double-life.'

In it's preview, Panorama added: 'By day they are regular priests, complete with dog collar, but, at night it's off with the cassock as they take their place as perfectly integrated members of the Italian capital's gay scene.'

Panorama described its investigation as 'deeply disturbing' as it detailed how three priests - two Italians and a Frenchman - happily took part in gay events and had casual sex.

Panorama Article (in Italian, with NSFW images at this link)

Click on the link for the full NYDN article

This sort of stuff is going to go on forever until the Catholic Church gets with the 17th Century and allows its priests to have normal human relationships, including marriages.

Living a repressed life is not heathy for anyone.

Signed, A Former Catholic.

This sort of stuff is going to go on forever until the Catholic Church gets with the 17th Century and allows its priests to have normal human relationships, including marriages.

This man speaks the truth.

But where else are religiously repressed homosexuals going to meet other gay singles?

Joking aside, I don't think I've ever seen the Catholic church engage in such a debate. Someone needs to write some type of book telling the Catholics that if they want to be a Catholic Priest they should become some other type of minister, get married, and then re-convert to Catholicsm...

And watch how quickly the Vatican cracks down on these gay priests as opposed to the pedophiles :mad:

Well, isn't touching little boys gay too? Also, if everyone knows about it, of course they would need to do something.

Well, isn't touching little boys gay too? Also, if everyone knows about it, of course they would need to do something.
Harassing boys makes you as homosexual as harassing girls makes you heterosexual; i.e. not at all.

i know a guy who spent years training for the priesthood, living in a monastary, the whole bit. he told me stuff like this is par for the course. lots of gay stuff going on, and its not even hidden.

wierd. not the fact that its gay - i couldnt care less. just the way its basically accepted.

:doh:

No, pedophilia is a whole different orientation from hetero OR homosexuality.

I don't see what this point has to do with anything. A gay act is a gay act regardless of age. The definition remains the same, so I don't think your distinction (the Vatican will react more quickly because it's gay) makes sense. If it's in the news, and because of the impact of the pedophilia scandal, of course there will be a response.

i know a guy who spent years training for the priesthood, living in a monastary, the whole bit. he told me stuff like this is par for the course. lots of gay stuff going on, and its not even hidden.

wierd. not the fact that its gay - i couldnt care less. just the way its basically accepted.

If it wasn't, there would be no priests at all.

[stereotype incoming]

The only people who will take that gig and give up any hope of a loving relationship with another human being for the rest of their lives are people who are ashamed of their sexuality and feel the need to repress it.

People who are gay and in denial fit that bill better than anyone. They go into the priesthood hoping that it will allow them to control their horrible gay urges - only to find that everyone else in the seminary is exactly like they are. Put a whole bunch of closeted, repressed men together, and the facade is going to break down in private (even if they refuse to admit it to the outside world).

[/end stereotype]

It's sad for the people involved, and it is sad for the Church.

I don't see what this point has to do with anything. A gay act is a gay act regardless of age. The definition remains the same, so I don't think your distinction (the Vatican will react more quickly because it's gay) makes sense. If it's in the news, and because of the impact of the pedophilia scandal, of course there will be a response.

The thing is, definitions like this aren't that useful. Pedos tend to prey on both boys and girls. Boys are often easier to get because there is a stronger natural suspicion about letting little girls be alone with adult men (this was even more so in the past). But the pedo will take what he can get, because he's not really gay (or straight).

Or so I understand it.

Archived