Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins 1986 - 12th Man Song (Merged)

Rooblakas

Does the city's mood revolve around the Redskins like it use to?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Does the city's mood revolve around the Redskins like it use to?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not to the same level
    • Unsure

I loved that 86 team.

Loved Jay and his 4th quarter comebacks.

My man Gary Clark blossomed into a premiere receiver.

George Rogers and Kelvin Bryant formed a good duo.

Dexter was at his QB menacing best.

A really fun season (Max Zendejas notwithstanding) and team.

Plus they had the win that made me feel the most pride ever in being a Skins fan, going into Soldier Field and thumping the defending champion 14-2 Bears.

We were only the New York Giants away from winning Super Bowl 21. But still I loved that team at the time and I still love to go back and watch them now.

That was hard to watch.

The Bears came out with the Super Bowl Shuffle, which was great. But the other videos, that lots of teams did afterwards, are just embarrassing.

Liked seeing the players, but they should have just shown the game footage and fans.

You know everytime I see the 12th man video my mind keeps going back to teams like Seahawks that put so much emphasis on their fans like they found the term first. Redskins never needed flags and such to show off their fans. Redskin fans show up and do their job. They don't ask for attention for being loud and making home games hell for other teams. That's what sets our fanbase apart from others. Our fans don't need a title, media, or lots of attention. All they need is their team.

You know everytime I see the 12th man video my mind keeps going back to teams like Seahawks that put so much emphasis on their fans like they found the term first. Redskins never needed flags and such to show off their fans. Redskin fans show up and do their job. They don't ask for attention for being loud and making home games hell for other teams. That's what sets our fanbase apart from others. Our fans don't need a title, media, or lots of attention. All they need is their team.

^Whether we need any of that stuff or not, our good friends at StubHub keep us from being a factor at home games anyway...

Archived