Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dez Bryant, Cowboys agree to terms. First 1st rounder signed

Oldskool

Don't worry, drama queen Dez will show up sooner or later. Since it wasn't at the signing, it looks like it'll be sometime during the season...

Well not today. Reports said he was the first player to hit the practice field. Sounds like a huge problem child to me!

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

I know you want to think the team you root for got the next Randy Moss, but he's not even close.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dbryant.php

Weaknesses:

Route running is still suspect

Rounds off digs and deep outs

Not very fast

Lacks deep speed

Could be more elusive

Doesn't always generate maximum YAC

Needs to eat up cushion more quickly in off man

Needs to work on reading coverages as he does not always identify the zone

A little sluggish coming out of breaks

Summary: Bryant is a talented receiver, but he doesn't seem to project as a No. 1 wideout at the next level. He has the skill set of a dominant No. 2 who can really help a quarterback in the red zone and on third down.

Doesn't sound like someone who has "all the tools". So many WR busts. The odds aren't in his favor.

So many Cowboy fans are reading too much into the Mel Kiper hype.If he came out the same year as Maclin and Crabtree he would of been a second round pick. Last draft was weak for wideouts.

Everyone rated this guy high, the Broncos thought they were going to be slick and do something different, the mere fact he fell down and Dallas moved up a few spots to get him says a lot. He wasnt projected to fall and teams thought they were going to be smart and realized they got burned on it.

Just give it up. He was the safe pick across the boards, no one is thinking Randy Moss but a lot of ex players see something in the kid.

Everyone rated this guy high, the Broncos thought they were going to be slick and do something different, the mere fact he fell down and Dallas moved up a few spots to get him says a lot. He wasnt projected to fall and teams thought they were going to be smart and realized they got burned on it.

Just give it up. He was the safe pick across the boards, no one is thinking Randy Moss but a lot of ex players see something in the kid.

Give what up?

His scouting report is far from great. Just the facts.

Give what up?

His scouting report is far from great. Just the facts.

Come on, now. All players have strengths and weaknesses, especially coming out of college. That scouting report wasn't all that bad and you seem to be completely overlooking one line in particular...

Summary: Bryant is a talented receiver, but he doesn't seem to project as a No. 1 wideout at the next level. He has the skill set of a dominant No. 2 who can really help a quarterback in the red zone and on third down.

A dominant #2 receiver is a hell of an asset to any football team and is still very capable of putting up 1,000 yards receiving any given season. Oh... and you also forgot to quote this little gem:

Player Comparison: Chad Ochocinco. Ochocinco and Bryant have very similar builds and great ball skills, but unfortunately lack above average speed.

Romo sits to pee said the Cowboys are excited about drafting Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant in the draft last week.

"From what I know, he's going to be a guy that's going to provide us with some big-play ability," he said.

Keep looking...

I know it's going to kill you to post it.

I know you want to think the team you root for got the next Randy Moss, but he's not even close.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dbryant.php

Weaknesses:

Route running is still suspect

Rounds off digs and deep outs

Not very fast

Lacks deep speed

Could be more elusive

Doesn't always generate maximum YAC

Needs to eat up cushion more quickly in off man

Needs to work on reading coverages as he does not always identify the zone

A little sluggish coming out of breaks

Doesn't sound like someone who has "all the tools". So many WR busts. The odds aren't in his favor.

Sounds pretty much like Romo sits to pee's comments about his upcoming rookie year.

Are you puke fans still having trouble finding Romo sits to pee's luke-warm-spit comments?

A dominant #2 receiver is a hell of an asset to any football team and is still very capable of putting up 1,000 yards receiving any given season. Oh... and you also forgot to quote this little gem:

Sounds like he doesn't have great speed...why can't puke fans acknowledge that?

I honestly don't know where in my posting history that you'll find me supporting the cowboys (other than this thread in which I am merely stating the obvious that Dez Bryant is talented . . . and in any case, that isn't me offering my support of Dallas) . . . but whatever man, to each their own.

Hmmm...memory issues at such a young age...too bad.

Link please, otherwise we'll just assume it's something you read on Wiki...

:rotflmao:

Hmmm...memory issues at such a young age...too bad.

It's not a memory issue . . . more of a factual issue. Again, if you want to play a big internet tough guy and call me out, please provide the proof. Until you do you will continue to lose credibility.

You really are a sensitive one. In my post I actually gave you credit for giving the Cowboys so much crap on this board . . . yet because I didn't fully agree with your assessment on this particular topic you have chosen to become a child.

Again . . . enjoy being one of those people who hides behind his internet and swears he is the smartest guy in the room.

It's not a memory issue . . . more of a factual issue. Again, if you want to play a big internet tough guy and call me out, please provide the proof. Until you do you will continue to lose credibility.

You really are a sensitive one. In my post I actually gave you credit for giving the Cowboys so much crap on this board . . . yet because I didn't fully agree with your assessment on this particular topic you have chosen to become a child.

Again . . . enjoy being one of those people who hides behind his internet and swears he is the smartest guy in the room.

You have to have something in order to lose it!:ols:

seriously, TR1 has never been to a tailgate but hides behind his computer talking **** about cowboys woo!! i never got why so many people here are in love with him

seriously, TR1 has never been to a tailgate but hides behind his computer talking **** about cowboys woo!! i never got why so many people here are in love with him

Because he relentlessly pesters fans of other NFC East teams.

At the same time, he also tries to call out any Redskins fans who dare to say anything remotely positive about other NFC East teams. Which I really don't get.

If that were true, he would have been picked much earlier in the draft and probably would have been the first WR off the board.

and i had said the broncos were targeting Dez, but wanted to play cute with what they assumed was the better personality WR but someone with better than average speed, because thats all that WR had over Dez, but everyone had Dez rated higher. Doesnt mean he goes early, just means a better WR but teams had the red mark on him because they thought he was going to be a basket case, which he might still be, but hasnt shown yet.

If that were true, he would have been picked much earlier in the draft and probably would have been the first WR off the board.

Michael Crabtree was the consensus #1 WR, yet he wasn't the first WR taken. You could also say the same thing about Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith.

All this talk about how teams had a player ranked is pointless. No team is showing their boards to anyone, and they all say they got their guy. Fact is he fell for a reason, and it had nothing to do with the Broncos playing "cute".

What does that even mean? You think the Broncos actually chose to take a lesser player, and would risk their jobs, to be CUTE? Maybe they will be proven to be wrong, I don't know, but when will this nonsense stop? The WR fell to the bottom of the first, and was probably a second rounder had the pukes not reached up for him.

Archived