Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some New Pics From the Stadium

tiger187126

I haven't posted here in a while after a three day ban i wasn't too happy about, but i got a chance to go to the stadium today and walk around. I'm not sure if anyone has posted pics up but here's a couple of the new screen, one of the wall of fame, and one of Sean Taylor's locker which is now in the Club Level. (don't worry these are the public links so they should work for everyone)

Screen:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=57689740&l=b7fd4d63a3&id=12405016

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=57689739&l=7606fe4346&id=12405016

Hall of Fame Wall:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=57689759&l=bb4ee3ae1c&id=12405016

Sean Taylor's Locker:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=57689757&l=977c7b5960&id=12405016

The screens and the party decks look really nice together.

I like the way the burgundy club seats have gradually blended with the yellow over the years.

The overall look of the seating bowl is much smoother today than it was when the place opened.

Am I the only one who thinks the Screen looks smaller then expected. Maybe its the huge product billboards on either side, which looks to me to take away from the look of the whole thing, or maybe it's just the proportions of the picture itself...and nothing to compare it to.

Guess I just have to see it in person to really judge.

Am I the only one who thinks the Screen looks smaller then expected. Maybe its the huge product billboards on either side, which looks to me to take away from the look of the whole thing, or maybe it's just the proportions of the picture itself...and nothing to compare it to.

You're not the only one, they looked smaller than I expected as well. Maybe once in the stadium they will look bigger than the pics show.

ok i'll straighten out a few things since it's kind of hard to see everything:

Sean's locker is in the club level right next to that bronzed bust of a native american right when you come up the escalator from the main parking lot or the elevators from the offices.

The red area behind the scoreboards are the new party decks. they got rid of a ton of club seats and created standing room areas for club level ticket holders to congregate and whatnot. they have tables on the rails so you can put drinks down. in reality it looks like they gave up about 14 sections in the club level. i was shocked at how many seats they really gave up to put in these party decks in.

the screens do look a skew smaller than you would think. there are big ad boards on the outside but they weren't in action so i don't know if they rotate things other than bud ads.

From the carpeting, I'm assuming the Hall of Fame wall is in the club level as well?

It'll be interesting to see how well the party decks are used. After thinking about it, it is a nice feature, especially when you consider how tough it is to grab one of those big leather chairs in the concourse if you want to sit down before the game. Still, wonder if people will take advantage of the decks, or just proceed to their own seats if they want to be outside before the game.

I've been thinking the same thing. I expected them to seem a lot bigger. Maybe pictures aren't doing them justice. I'll hold off judgement until I see an actual replay on them in person.

Archived