Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "name it like the government" does thread

Teller

So, we all know the government and advocacy groups like to give catchy, less offensive names to things that...well frankly...often suck.

We don't call abortion supporters "Pro-Baby Killing." We call them "Pro-Choice."

We don't call giving job preference to minorities "Government-Ordered Discrimination." We call it "Affirmative Action."

We don't call those coming here illegally "Illegal Aliens." We call them "Undocumented Workers" or "Immigrants" or "Migrant Workers."

So here's a chance to sugar-coat some of life's sticky situations. Take those things that are frowned upon generally, or misunderstood, and make them more palatable.

A few examples:

Playa -- Nocturnal Exercise Advocate

Pimp -- Asset Manager

Redneck -- NASCAR Ambassador

Murderer -- Natural Selector, Population Controller

New Black Panther -- Friendly Doorman

me and my friends play this game all the time, although a little differently: we just change everyday words, phrases, or places into the opposite of their literal meaning. For example:

-Banana Republic becomes 'Plantain Dictatorship'

-American Eagle is 'Soviet Stork'

-Red Lobster is 'Blue Prawn'

etc.

me and my friends play this game all the time, although a little differently: we just change everyday words, phrases, or places into the opposite of their literal meaning. For example:

-Banana Republic becomes 'Plantain Dictatorship'

-American Eagle is 'Soviet Stork'

-Red Lobster is 'Blue Prawn'

etc.

Star Trek becomes Galaxy Quest.

galaxyquest99.jpg

We don't call abortion supporters "Pro-Baby Killing." We call them "Pro-Choice."

#1 this is not a term cooked up by the government.

#2 the reason it is called "pro-choice" that it is the woman's choice to do what she wants, not the government's. it is not called "baby killing" because an embryo is not a baby. many people in america do not believe that life begins at conception.

We don't call giving job preference to minorities "Government-Ordered Discrimination." We call it "Affirmative Action."

We don't call those coming here illegally "Illegal Aliens." We call them "Undocumented Workers" or "Immigrants" or "Migrant Workers."

your "funny thread" is being derailed in the original post by your ignorant politics.

So here's a chance to sugar-coat some of life's sticky situations. Take those things that are frowned upon generally, or misunderstood, and make them more palatable.

A few examples:

Playa -- Nocturnal Exercise Advocate

Pimp -- Asset Manager

Redneck -- NASCAR Ambassador

Murderer -- Natural Selector, Population Controller

New Black Panther -- Friendly Doorman

way to go, 80% of your jokes here play on racial stereotypes. (i'm sure you'll respond that playas and pimps are not necessarily black but admit it, that's what you had in mind)

#1 this is not a term cooked up by the government.

#2 the reason it is called "pro-choice" that it is the woman's choice to do what she wants, not the government's. it is not called "baby killing" because an embryo is not a baby. many people in america do not believe that life begins at conception.

your "funny thread" is being derailed by your ignorant politics.

way to go, 80% of your jokes here play on racial stereotypes. (i'm sure you'll respond that playas and pimps are not necessarily black but admit it, that's what you had in mind)

HH is definitely looking like (and has) the resident stereotypical conservative. Ignorant politics are always running rampant :silly:

Funny. I didnt see any of his comments on a play of racial sterotypes (maybe the New Black Panther, but not the rest). Nowhere did he insinuate that a pimp or playa was black. Please dont try to take this thread down that road. :beatdeadhorse:

Funny. I didnt see any of his comments on a play of racial sterotypes (maybe the New Black Panther, but not the rest). Nowhere did he insinuate that a pimp or playa was black. Please dont try to take this thread down that road. :beatdeadhorse:

you don't necessarily have to find them offensive, but if you don't think "pimp", "playa", and "redneck" hint at racial stereotypes, then you are in willful denial.

you don't necessarily have to find them offensive, but if you don't think "pimp", "playa", and "redneck" hint at racial stereotypes, then you are in willful denial.
Since when are hinting at stereotypes wrong? Ever been to a club on "Pimp N' Ho" night? Last I checked, it wasn't only blacks showin up all decked out. Hell, they have a massive Pimp N' Ho Ball in Cabo San Lucas. Want to take a guess at what race the majority of the partiers are? Back in the 70s/80s, your "racial stereotype" about pimps and playas would be accurate. But in the 2000s, those words have become mainstream, and there is zero racial connotations to them. The only way they can be viewed as racially offensive is if you intentionally bend them that way.

Archived