Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Brothers of the Legacy" (Sonny/Sam)

hoskins

Went to see the new special about Sonny Jurgensen and Sam Huff tonight. To be honest, I went to check out the new jumbotron more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations for the movie necessarily.

But it was actually very well done. The story was well told, with great emotional content from both Jurgensen and Huff. And there was some fantastic footage from their playing days that you guys have to see. I left with a whole new level of appreciation for them both, and it was awesome to share that with my son who didn't really know their stories or how great they both really were.

And of course they made sure to include the storyline about how the team totally turned it around in 68 and 69 from being in the cellar of the East to being a winning team finally by first raising expectations. Can't wait to see that happen again with Shanahan and Allen!

Anyone else see the movie tonight?

BTW, the new screens are awesome. The movie was in SD unfortunately, but you can tell the color and brightness and clarity are going to be fanstastic on game day. The place actually looks like a real professional sports venue now!

Tonight's event was just another example of how quickly this franchise is turning into an actual professional organization. It's an amazing transformation and it seems to be affecting every part of the Redskins. The whole cheesy used car dealership vibe that we've experienced as customers since Snyder took over is quickly fading away and I couldn't be happier right now or more excited for this season.

Do whaaaaaat? Never saw any mention of this? how many people were there?

Was home all night not doing squat! Dang! :mad:

EDIT: ahhh a premium member "perk" doh

http://tickets.redskins.com/perks/

Yeah, it was a premium ticket holder thing. I think probably a couple hundred people showed, it wasn't huge.

But of course the movie will be on channel 4 and everyone got a DVD tonight so those will find their way around the internet soon enough. :) it's worth checking out.

That Sonny Jurgensen could make some plays! It's been so long since we had a real QB around here. I don't think I'll be able to sleep now until that Dallas game!

As the editor and co-writer of this piece, I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed it! It was an honor to put it together. Love those guys. Hope everyone checks it out this Saturday, 7 p.m. on NBC 4 here in the D.C. area.

As the editor and co-writer of this piece, I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed it! It was an honor to put it together. Love those guys. Hope everyone checks it out this Saturday, 7 p.m. on NBC 4 here in the D.C. area.

Awesome! My son actually watched it again today with the rest of our family. You really brought that era alive for these kids.

I love how you told the story of the 72 points we hung on the Giants.

Great work. I hope everyone watches it.

I think that's my favorite section. Sam cracks me up. There were so many things I would've loved to have shown, but time constraints caused a lot to hit the "cutting room" floor. Those guys are full of awesome stories. Too bad they couldn't have gotten that championship ring together.

Archived