Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP: Judge rips Johnson

turtle

Hope he gets it together....

Washington Redskins running back Larry Johnson was dropped in the backfield on Friday by a judge in Kansas City who ripped him for his efforts or lack thereof in community service.

Johnson was slapped with 40 hours of community service for two convictions of disturbing the peace, both convictions that started as assault charges against women. In one case he allegedly shoved a woman on the side of her head. In the other, he allegedly spit in the face of a woman. Both incidents happened in Kansas City nightclubs.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Kansas-City-judge-lays-into-Larry-Johnson.html

I take it the judge is not an art lover.
When Johnson was sentenced to 40 hours of court-ordered community service, that service was supposed to involve coaching children at the Kansas City Police Athletic League. But Johnson refused to play sports with the children and said he wanted to start an art program. For some reason he was credited with nine hours of community service, even though the art program was canceled when it didn't draw enough students.

And neither were the kids. No one signed up for his "Art Class". What kid wants to draw pictures with an NFL RB when you can, oh I don't knnow, play football with him?

PFT Link

LJ should just do a couple of football camps to make the judge happy and then maybe he can get his art classes to be approved. At least he didn't paint his fingernails with some initials ala Lindsey Lohan. The good news is he is free to join training camp.

I take it the judge is not an art lover.

You were probably being sarcastic, but the whole thing was lawyer trick to get out of doing community service at all. Despite the glowing offseason reports, it seems that the real LJ is still alive and well.

What galls me is that is any of us common folk totally disregarded the rules of our probation like this, we would get more than just a couple sentences of harsh talk from the judge. For the sake of the Redskins, I hope this guy gets his act together.

I guess if Johnson had bought 500 turkeys instead the judge would have been more pleased :)

Larry should have done the camp, but at the same time picking up trash on the road for a week isn't exactly going to Devil's Island either :laugh:

Or maybe they can make him go to his room and write 'I will stay out of trouble 1,000 times backwards'............ :D

I guess if Johnson had bought 500 turkeys instead the judge would have been more pleased :)

Larry should have done the camp, but at the same time picking up trash on the road for a week isn't exactly going to Devil's Island either :laugh:

Or maybe they can make him go to his room and write 'I will stay out of trouble 1,000 times backwards'............ :D

I know you're taking the matter lightly, but I think this is evidence of the fact that Larry Johnson's ego hasn't changed. He was ordered a sentence (whether just or not), and he blatantly refused to do it. Rather than being a man and doing the time, he's being a child about the matter and trying to negotiate when he's without any leverage.

Albert Haynesworth's is ignoring his coaches... Larry Johnson is ignoring the judicial system.

LJ has baggage we all know this. So hopefully we get the Cincy LJ who is committed to changing his image and not the KC LJ.

But isn't it ironic how we wont consider T.O who has no brush ins with the law, but we'll consider LJ who was the biggest cancer the Chiefs had on and off the field. I don't get it!

LJ has baggage we all know this. So hopefully we get the Cincy LJ who is committed to changing his image and not the KC LJ.

But isn't it ironic how we wont consider T.O who has no brush ins with the law, but we'll consider LJ who was the biggest cancer the Chiefs had on and off the field. I don't get it!

thank you.

party on LJ. Party on.

I still can't believe that there are fans out there that would prefer this piece of garbage to be our prime runner over the guy who has led us in that department for six seasons and never once has been in trouble with the law.

Love our own, people, not some woman beating piece of crap.

I still can't believe that there are fans out there that would prefer this piece of garbage to be our prime runner over the guy who has led us in that department for six seasons and never once has been in trouble with the law.

Love our own, people, not some woman beating piece of crap.

He really does seem like a bad person.

One has a bad history with the most important player on this team. I think that's pretty much it. I also think Shanahan must think LJ really fits our running scheme, and will do well. I find it hard to root for a guy like this though. He has again and again shown how he's a scumbag. How hard is it to do community service? How hard is it to send some forms to your parole officer? How hard is it to not wear bright red shoes to the courtroom, and show some respect to the judge by looking at him?

Archived