Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNN: Seahawks had intererest in Haynesworth

SWFLSkins

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/carroll-confirms-seahawks-interest-in-albert-haynesworth/

Seems Pete Carrol is still leaving the door open but questions AH dedication to the game. This was found posted by Hap in BBN section.

The former USC coach elaborated that the team would only be interested after further investigation as to what really happened between Haynesworth and the Redskins. He also needed to know whether the big defensive tackle’s heart was really in the game.

Key word here is "Had"

Looks like Hanyesworths plan to shed weight fits in line with this. Carrol want's to see where AH is mentally before they trade for him. If AH comes in and performs in TC without any news then maybe something happens. I'd prefer him to be here all season and produce like a madman before we ship him out West to maximize his trade value but can't say if they offered us a 3rd today I'd say no

All this was noted sometime ago by TK. He said they decided that AH had too much baggage to deal for. It was also noted that AH would NOT be traded unless he gave money back first, so I think some of you can let that dream go until AH decides to go that route.

See sig for futher details.

I do not want to see ah traded for anything short of a #1... Otherwise we need to hold on to him and make his ass play. He cant just go through the motions in a live game, he will get killed out there if he is half assing it. If he does not play he will be losing a lot of money(and giving back a lot of that bonus) and a year of his career, which given his current legal situations is really not viable. So imo anything short of a first rounder is not equal value in return and should not be considered.

I'd prefer him to be here all season and produce like a madman before we ship him out West to maximize his trade value but can't say if they offered us a 3rd today I'd say no

I realize that you added "before we ship him out West to maximize his trade value," but I think monkeys will fly out of my ass before Haynesworthless "produces like a madman!" We've seen a LOT of selfish players roll into DC** the last decade to "get their fat check," but 'Worthless is the WORST! And yes .. that's even including Neon-Deion who got paid ~4 yrs without playing a down.

I think we're stuck with this Snyderatto turkey, and I'm fine with sitting his ass on the bench for the entire season if we have to! I want Shanahan and Allen playing hardball with the idiot and sending the message that the new Redskins will NOT put up with selfish jackasses any longer! Regardless of how much they are being paid. It's time to reward the players who HAVE bought into the system (all but one) and have done their hard work to become a team.

** Who's going to be the first "smart guy" who says "the Redskins aren't in DC" ? :cool:

I realize that you added "before we ship him out West to maximize his trade value," but I think monkeys will fly out of my ass before Haynesworthless "produces like a madman!" We've seen a LOT of selfish players roll into DC** the last decade to "get their fat check," but 'Worthless is the WORST! And yes .. that's even including Neon-Deion who got paid ~4 yrs without playing a down.

Well I hope that bunghole is big enough unless your thinking Seamonkeys there Riggo.

Those selfish players did not do that under this regime. It's time to let the past be where it is, long gone. I know it's hard to do but try and judge the new leadership by how they do things, not what others before them did. We've already seen how this leadership deals with player egos. Anyone think Zorn had the balls to say to AH that if he wanted him to play Free Safety he would? I don't.

As far as AH playing great don't put it past him. The man played lights out All Pro for the last two years he was in Tennessee. He was of course playing for a contract when he did that. Now he can play for his freedom now. Hate to sound like an 1800's slave master but we own his rights now and if he wants off the team then work hard enough that other teams forget about his stupidity this year. Other teams will gladly forgive his bullspit if they see it on the field. He's got a history of making people forget his sins. Albert is all about motivation, we just have to hold that carrot out there long enough for him to take notice

I think we're stuck with this Snyderatto turkey, and I'm fine with sitting his ass on the bench for the entire season if we have to! I want Shanahan and Allen playing hardball with the idiot and sending the message that the new Redskins will NOT put up with selfish jackasses any longer! Regardless of how much they are being paid. It's time to reward the players who HAVE bought into the system (all but one) and have done their hard work to become a team.

I don't see any thing good to come from making him sit on the bench all year.

* If we did that we lose all trade value with him

* If we did that we still don't get any money back from him

* If we did that it will be a constant distraction all year for the entire team

If we did that what would we actually gain? We'd look like fools. Sitting him all year is a stupid option I hope we don't take. I think he'll be cut before that happens.

I really don't see the Skins- Haynesworth battle as being that significant right now . We are two weeks away from camp, big Al is apprently putting the work in and if the Skins FO and him can sit down then I see this going away by the end of the season .

This is no different - at the moment - to Shawn Springs skipping all the offseason work for 3 years running .

If Al sits out like Revis is in NY then things change . But all that has been said is words ...

All this was noted sometime ago by TK. He said they decided that AH had too much baggage to deal for. It was also noted that AH would NOT be traded unless he gave money back first, so I think some of you can let that dream go until AH decides to go that route.

By "sometime ago" you mean June 19th. :)

Half of me wants Haynesworth gone, as quickly as possible, the other half wants him to kiss and make up with everyone and give us a big helping hand towards the playoffs.

I'd rather get the weekly media tyrade for the remainder of his contract. Make the guy suffer and get some splinters from riding the bench. Wishful thinking, I know, but it would still be awesome.

Well I hope that bunghole is big enough unless your thinking Seamonkeys there Riggo.

You SERIOUSLY think that with all 'Worthless has done since he arrived here, that he's going to all of a sudden become a "team player?!"

Those selfish players did not do that under this regime. It's time to let the past be where it is, long gone. I know it's hard to do but try and judge the new leadership by how they do things, not what others before them did. We've already seen how this leadership deals with player egos. Anyone think Zorn had the balls to say to AH that if he wanted him to play Free Safety he would? I don't.

You do realize that I am in *support* of Shanahan and Allen? Where did I state that the new regime would not properly deal with him? I am glad that Shanahan and Allen are here, because that is precisely what this team needed!

As far as AH playing great don't put it past him. The man played lights out All Pro for the last two years he was in Tennessee. He was of course playing for a contract when he did that. Now he can play for his freedom now. Hate to sound like an 1800's slave master but we own his rights now and if he wants off the team then work hard enough that other teams forget about his stupidity this year. Other teams will gladly forgive his bullspit if they see it on the field. He's got a history of making people forget his sins. Albert is all about motivation, we just have to hold that carrot out there long enough for him to take notice

I don't see any thing good to come from making him sit on the bench all year.

* If we did that we lose all trade value with him

* If we did that we still don't get any money back from him

* If we did that it will be a constant distraction all year for the entire team

If we did that what would we actually gain? We'd look like fools. Sitting him all year is a stupid option I hope we don't take. I think he'll be cut before that happens.

First .. this is not Tennessee. He got his big payday with *us*. And apparently, he has now lost the will to play hard because of it.

As for "trade value" .. do you really think we should strongly consider trade value at this point with this cat? He got his money upfront from Snyderratto! His trade value is diminished every time he (or his mouthpiece agent) opens his mouth! The real determinant in his trade value is just how desperate some team finds that they need a defensive lineman either during preseason or regular season.

Again .. you somehow misread my previous post .. somehow you think I am being critical of Shanahan and Allen. I am not! I believe Shanahan has played this perfectly. He even said it again today .. how he told Fat Ass that IF he wanted to be traded, then don't cash the check. He cashed it. So, he had better get to camp, study and work his ass off, work to make his teammates who HAVE put in a full offseason working out together and learning the new system trust him, or he's OUT! I have my doubts that he is even capable of doing all of the above.

I'd rather get the weekly media tyrade for the remainder of his contract. Make the guy suffer and get some splinters from riding the bench. Wishful thinking, I know, but it would still be awesome.

That would also be quite funny and totally deserved.

Seahawks interest ended a looonnnggg time ago in Al. It was discussed in house and decided not worth while to pursue. Out here, this was a non~story a couple of months ago - another slow media day; lets trash up some old news for OP's listed site.

Trade for TJ? Their only receiver? Anyone with that thought needs to keep illegal chemicals out of their koolaid...

Archived