Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Earthquake?

PokerPacker

There's a fault line on the east coast (you know, it goes through Great Falls), definitely not as active as it once was oh 20,000 years ago, but this area used to get earthquakes just like the pacific does. We still get jostled every once in a while. There was a 4.5 in VA a couple years ago, I felt that one, but slept like a baby through this morning's quake.

don't get scared but statistically speaking VA is due for a major shake (5.5 -6.5) within the next 50-75 years or so last I checked.

There's a fault line on the east coast (you know, it goes through Great Falls), definitely not as active as it once was oh 20,000 years ago, but this area used to get earthquakes just like the pacific does. We still get jostled every once in a while. There was a 4.5 in VA a couple years ago, I felt that one, but slept like a baby through this morning's quake.

don't get scared but statistically speaking VA is due for a major shake (5.5 -6.5) within the next 50-75 years or so last I checked.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. Theres a section of Luray Caverns that's inaccessible because of a huge quake that happened a long time ago.

Last night was my night off so I was going to bed when it happened. I put my earplugs in and had my dog next to me, layed my head down...no more than a minute later it happened. My dog was snuggled and buried under the covers, he is a heavy sleeper. But he pounced up and stood on my stomach as if there were an intruder.

I looked at him and asked what the **** he was doing...then I heard the noise through my earplugs. I hate taking my earplugs out once I have them in...but I ripped them out like a flash once I heard what sounded like two fighter jets zooming above my house.

It didn't last long at all...and I basically caught the tail end of it with my ears not plugged up...but it sure was loud...and there was a slight vibration. I went to bed figuring two jets were being scrambled and it just so happened their route was right above my house. I was worried I'd wake up hearing about terrorism.

Glad I don't live in Point of Rocks, apparently there's an area of extreme shaking an very heavy damage in the shape of a star around their town. I hope everyone there is still alive...

har har har

;)

Haynesworth must be back.

LMAO!!!! :ols:

Anyone here live in Southern MD? I live in Waldorf and didn't feel anything. Slept like a baby the entire night.

I didnt feel it, western 20603 here close to Accokeek, but then again, I passed out around 3am finally (drank too much coffee late lastnight) so I was out cold!!

Why do the news articles keep on saying near Rockville??? Are the ashamed to say Germantown!!! I want my town to be in the news. Screw Rockville! ....ok now I feel better. :)

Just saw the map where the center was located and zoomed in using Google Earth. Looks like it was centered right under an apartment building in Germantown - the renters ain't gonna be happy about that. Free rent for 90 days! :ols:

I live in Gaithersburg - my room rumbled and I was like "wtf was that?" I was so tired that I went back to sleep for a few hours, then when I went to the Washington Post website I read about it. A 3.6 is nothing to sneeze at, and having lived in this area my whole life I've never experienced a quake before, so it was a bit startling.

Archived