Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Redskins finishes

Ryman of the North

I am not good with computers lol but thanks.

I can remember that season like it was yesterday, mostly because my Dline coach was a fellow skins fan and we would go to his house on sundays to BBQ and watch the skins stomp everyone. My uncle is a huge cowpies fan and was cheering for Buffalo lmao.

Mark that is awesome

I was at both Jags and Boys games that year.

While the Moss catch was a great moment, I had seats that year that were about 20 feet from the upright that Novak kicked it through. I can see my blurred self losing my mind every time I watch the clip.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a high quality clip of Novak's kick? I forgot to DVR the game but didn't really care at the time, that sequence is ingrained in my memory for life.

Against my better judgement.:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ0VlpJmhzE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ0VlpJmhzE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not to take anything away from ST's fumble recovery against Dallass, but....I got to tell you that Darrell Green bangin' into Darrin Nelson and knocking the ball away to seal the win against the Vikings in the NFC championship game was probably the best finish ever.

Ever.

Not to take anything away from ST's fumble recovery against Dallass, but....I got to tell you that Darrell Green bangin' into Darrin Nelson and knocking the ball away to seal the win against the Vikings in the NFC championship game was probably the best finish ever.

Ever.

I have probably watched that play 500 plus times, seriously. I like how you can here a cow bell being rang and right as the ball is in the air things go pretty quiet then when the ball goes incomplete there is a HUGE roar from the crowd. I wish I had been there!!! But I was jumping all around my living room back in L.A. as a 15 yr old kid.

Ever.

I have probably watched that play 500 plus times, seriously. I like how you can here a cow bell being rang and right as the ball is in the air things go pretty quiet then when the ball goes incomplete there is a HUGE roar from the crowd. I wish I had been there!!! But I was jumping all around my living room back in L.A. as a 15 yr old kid.

Same here!

I was, literally, sick to my stomach before the snap.

I'm not going to lie, after that play I had tears in my eyes, "man card" be damned....

I was watching the '86 Skins highlight tape on Hulu last night and it showed plays at the end of the Vikings game at RFK where we were down by 2 TDs late but came back to tie it (apparently with two scores but with two missed PATs!) and then win in OT with Gary Clark spinning away down the sideline. I didn't see a whole lot of the '86 season being away at college in PA but I can imagine that was a wild game.

I was watching the '86 Skins highlight tape on Hulu last night and it showed plays at the end of the Vikings game at RFK where we were down by 2 TDs late but came back to tie it (apparently with two scores but with two missed PATs!) and then win in OT with Gary Clark spinning away down the sideline. I didn't see a whole lot of the '86 season being away at college in PA but I can imagine that was a wild game.

It's funny...that 1986 team was VERY good, probably better than the 1987 team. I think, as unbiased as I can be, we were the 2nd best team in the league that year. We just happened to play the Giants 3 times!

Wow no one said the Monday Night Miracle. But still I like the Minnesota game with Clark catching the TD. A couple others not mentioned:

1991 vs the Oilers. Skins looked dead but Oiler kicker Ian Howfield somehow misses a chipshot in OT. All I remember is Sonny Jurgenson "Just remember God has the Redskins in a pool". Then Darrell Green picks Warren Moon off in OT and Lohmiller win with a field goal

Also 2005 vs Seahawks. Again Skins look hopeless as Josh Brown lines up for a long field goal. Fed Ex is awfully quiet, then all of a sudden "DOINK" and I mean this was loud and the Skins are given new life and win in OT.

The ones in 2005 & 2006 against the Cowturds are the most memorable for me, but another one that never gets any mention was Brad Johnson to Larry Centers in OT against the Niners in 99 that clinched the division title.

As a kid I remember Jay Schroeder to Gary Clark in OT against the Vikings in 86, I think the Skins were down like 2 TD's with 7 mins left or something.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Q_PZDpzI

Jeff...good pull re: the 1999 division-clinching play. That's still the single biggest play in Snyder's ownership!

The 2 things I will never forget about that game:

1)When Centers caught the ball he took about 2 steps and Paul MacGuire

said, "This game is over no one is front of Centers."

2) When the ref tossed the coin for OT and he looked at Darrell Green and he said something and Darrell yelled, "OF COURSE WE WANT THE BALL!"

Archived