Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What player benefits the most from the new Coaches

SWFLSkins

on O the Wr's and perhaps portis and johnson. the Oline will either be great at ZBS or will be epic fail, I dont think there will be a middle ground.

On D I think Wilson, Rak , carriker, and Kemo with perhaps deangelo and landry.

I do not think this staff will be good for everyone, I think that our Te's could get lost as could our Dline but by the same token I think our WR's and secondary should be vastly better.

Yeah Landry for sure, maybe Sellers too. I tell you who didn't win out with the new coaches is Ethan Albright and Hunter the Punter Smith.

I don't think we would have drafted Dennis Morris with one of our few draft picks if Shanahan was impressed by Sellers.

I have mixed thoughts about Sellers...I could almost see him getting his walking papers.

Exactly. As I just said, I don't think Shanahan would have drafted Dennis Morris with one of his few remaining draft picks if he was impressed with Sellers' potential in his offense.

my vote is for landry.

strictly speaking in terms of potential, and need for a coach to make the player better, i think landry hands down. he's shown sparks of being great when put in the right position, when the coach pays attention to him. and he's shown that he can suck in the wrong position, and when he's allowed to do as he pleases.

Portis would be a close second... his offseason effort alone shows what he can be when the right person is in charge of him.

Are there any particular players which could see thier careers resurrected or bloosom after being suffocated by the past. Have the Redskins been holding back the talent that already exists or does an adition like McNabb make it a gimme that someone explodes onto the scene this year?

My vote would be an offensive player at this point considering the coaching brought in there. I would think a wideout is going to be the position, but I know that Shannahan really loves running the ball, so Portis or Johnson would easily be another assumption.

So who is your player to most likely benefit?

I think the players that will benefit the most are Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly.

add to that a 1st round draft pick of a tackle and Jamall brown who has proven his talents in the past...

Indeed. Honestly, I think the entire O will be the most improved / benefit from the new coaching staff. The D and the transition to the 34 scares me a bit. I mean, it's not like we were flat out bad on D! In fact, the last decade, we've actually had pretty good defenses, but the O has just been terrible. I'm worried that the switch to the 3-4 may cost us a few games. I don't think it will be due to lack of talent, but more just learning something different / new assignments. I think the D will be good, but not top 10 good. Hopefully the offense can rack up lots of points :) Hail!

Indeed. Honestly, I think the entire O will be the most improved / benefit from the new coaching staff. The D and the transition to the 34 scares me a bit. I mean, it's not like we were flat out bad on D! In fact, the last decade, we've actually had pretty good defenses, but the O has just been terrible. I'm worried that the switch to the 3-4 may cost us a few games. I don't think it will be due to lack of talent, but more just learning something different / new assignments. I think the D will be good, but not top 10 good. Hopefully the offense can rack up lots of points :) Hail!

Being in the top ten overall on defense, but the bottom third of the league in points allowed, and dead last in turnovers, didn't help us last year.

Stats have been misleading with our D. We couldn't hold a lead in the fourth quarter with our bend but don't break D. Ten yard cushions on WR's was maddening. Yeah we held decent stats, but we got worked under Blatche. We even got worked by the tampa Two D under GW. The 3-4 is going to be awesome once we get a franchise NT to clog the middle. Im not counting on hanesworth for jack at this point. I like how we have a bunch of converted D-linemen at LB. Carter, Orakpo, Wilson, Lorenzo, Jarmon. I like the size and the athleticism that has been shown so far with these guys. I just hope they get the coverage aspect down.

I think with the emphasis on the blitz, the DB's will be primed for some INT's.

I don't think we would have drafted Dennis Morris with one of our few draft picks if Shanahan was impressed by Sellers.

Really? Sellers is no spring chicken. Even if he performs this season it is time to prepare for his replacement.

Really? Sellers is no spring chicken. Even if he performs this season it is time to prepare for his replacement.

While that's true, I don't think that FB is an important enough position to spend one of our few draft picks on while we still have one, just because the above-average one we have is getting old. FB isn't a position that WC offenses generally groom in the wings, as if its vital.

I'm looking for Moss to pluck those beautiful McNabb bombs out of the air. I don't think Thomas is going to break out. He strikes me as an athlete that doesn't really understand what he's doing and why he's doing it.

I'm looking for Moss to pluck those beautiful McNabb bombs out of the air. I don't think Thomas is going to break out. He strikes me as an athlete that doesn't really understand what he's doing and why he's doing it.

I think that's how DT started, but not how he'll necessarily stay. We knew he was very raw when we drafted him. Every analyst said it, and every article grading our draft warned of it.

Being in the top ten overall on defense, but the bottom third of the league in points allowed, and dead last in turnovers, didn't help us last year.

:doh: Tried to forget about that! You're right, we finished statistically OK, but man oh man, have we blown it in the 4th Quarter in recent years. The cushions for receivers, lack of turnovers, and overall lack of nastiness has been missing for years. Hopefully these guys are utterly embarrassed from the last 2 years and come out on fire this year!

Of players still with the team, you gotta go with McNabb, but not just because of the coaches. He's in a city where he'll hear more cheers than boos, who'll appreciate a playoff run, or even a winning season. He's a class act with the best fans in the world.

I know I'll get a lot of grief over this, but I think the new coaches may have helped Jason Campbell most of all. Look at how it turned out for him. He's still a starting QB. He got an extension and a raise. And he has an owner who, although crazier than Snyder, is at least glad to have him. And, to top it all, the Oakland fans are glad he's there. It's a fresh start for him. How it all turns out is still unknown but I think this is the best thing that could have happened to him.

on O the Wr's and perhaps portis and johnson. the Oline will either be great at ZBS or will be epic fail, I dont think there will be a middle ground.

On D I think Wilson, Rak , carriker, and Kemo with perhaps deangelo and landry.

I do not think this staff will be good for everyone, I think that our Te's could get lost as could our Dline but by the same token I think our WR's and secondary should be vastly better.

If Mike Shannahan can't lick his chops while considering the TE possibilities in the passing game, then I will join you in my reluctance in support of Him.

Ouch. With that said then the 3-4 switch has less relevance this year.

Exactly, that's why I haven't gotten the ****ing and moaning about the switch. We didn't have an elite defense. Maybe now, with a scheme we need to specifically draft for, in order to fully make the transition, we will.

I think these are great questions. I believe not only Portis, but Moss, Thomas, and a few other may explode onto the scene pretty fast. I feel this entire team has been held back from poor coaching and leadership on the field. Although many feel it will take time and seasons to get back to the post season, I believe we will be there this year as well.

Archived