Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABCnews: President Obama, White House: Al Qaeda Is Racist

Thiebear

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/07/president-obama-white-house-al-qaeda-is-racist.html

In an interview earlier today with the South African Broadcasting Corporation to air in a few hours, President Obama disparaged al Qaeda and affiliated groups' willingness to kill Africans in a manner that White House aides say was an argument that the terrorist groups are racist.

Speaking about the Uganda bombings, the president said, "What you've seen in some of the statements that have been made by these terrorist organizations is that they do not regard African life as valuable in and of itself. They see it as a potential place where you can carry out ideological battles that kill innocents without regard to long-term consequences for their short-term tactical gains."

Do they not understand they are not racist:

*Convert or Die* is an equal opportunity message. And India can confirm this?

Boy, and this whole time, I thought they were just having a little laugh when they said they wanted to kill Jews.

I think they class them as subhuman which removes the racist aspect for them

Actually, I think this is more a case of "Obama attempts to unite Africa against al Qaeda by playing Race Card".

Hope it works.

Pretty much what I get from it as well, a little good old fashioned enemy-demonizing.

~Bang

In related news, the sky is blue, water is wet and the Cubs haven't won the World Series in over 100 years.

Of course they're racist. In the scheme of things, what they're accused of being racist for in this article is actually one of the least racist things they do. It's more objectively predatory than it is overtly racist.

Tea Party...Al Queda....SC Republicans.....Cleveland Owner

Will The Obama Justice Department add the New Black Panthers to this list?.......Na

LOL! Please tell me that the Cav's owner was not cited as being a racist by the Justice Dept. That's a joke, right?

With all do respect who cares of they are racist? Racism is not the worst thing a person can be. It is not the ultimate evil. It's bad, don't get me wrong, but let's zoom out and realize we are talking about mass murderers that support almost unbelievable brutality. Al Qaeda is more than willing to slaughter humans in any possible way. They'll force innocent people to strap on vests and blow themselves up to save their families. They'll torture people and video tape it just because they can. But that's not all... the world they want to impose on free people is one of horrendous conditions. Where all men are forced to live in fear of their warped religious interpretations under brutal penalties. They'd have women treated like animals to be traded and owned and brutally dealt with for even minor displays of individualism or disobedience.

With all this... does racism even matter? I wonder if we'll learn that they hate puppies next.

With all do respect who cares of they are racist? Racism is not the worst thing a person can be. It is not the ultimate evil. It's bad, don't get me wrong, but let's zoom out and realize we are talking about mass murderers that support almost unbelievable brutality. Al Qaeda is more than willing to slaughter humans in any possible way. They'll force innocent people to strap on vests and blow themselves up to save their families. They'll torture people and video tape it just because they can. But that's not all... the world they want to impose on free people is one of horrendous conditions. Where all men are forced to live in fear of their warped religious interpretations under brutal penalties. They'd have women treated like animals to be traded and owned and brutally dealt with for even minor displays of individualism or disobedience.

With all this... does racism even matter? I wonder if we'll learn that they hate puppies next.

My thoughts exactly.

What you just said is what you have learned in the media. True Muslims are not barbaric or racists. I have met some that are more religious and are more peaceful and more educated then some Sunni (the original) Muslims are.

It is a damn shame that it only takes a few bad apples to make the rest look bad.

Also keep in mind it was the US who trained Osama and armed the Al Qaeda to fight the Russians. When it is in the interest of the US it is all peachy and stuff but when they turned against the US they are now racists.

The fact is Islam doesn't teach racism and is totally against it and if Al Qaeda is truly racists then they are not true Muslims to begin with and therefore their activities should not be associated with Islam. They are not true Muslims and are actually disbelievers. They themselves are the infidels.

Personally I don't care what Al Qaeda think they just need to be eliminated. Which I know will never happen. :(

I think Larry has it -- this is an attempt to align much of Africa against al Qaeda over the notion of organizational racism.

I don't think it has a chance in hell of changing anything (although it would be great if it could). The rest of the world probably will note that just about EVERYBODY has been racist toward Africa for as long as that continent has had known resources -- either under the ground or walking upon it -- to be pillaged. So it's kind of a strange endeavor to point out that one particular, maximally despicable subset of the "everybody" human collective is also racist.

You could say the same things about other horrible people totally unconnected to al Qaeda -- Kim Jong Il, Saddam -- to similar effect: "Duh."

All that comes to mind is that al Qaeda could be making strong, permanent-looking inroads into key areas of Africa, and one prong of a counter-measure strategy is to appeal to something the locals probably hate even more than their destitution. Still, even when it's wrapped in this (hopefully) figment, the White House's "they're racist!" follow-up just seems anemic.

Reading the entire article, it seems like Obama's words would have stood on better ground without his White House providing the coordinated "racist" pencil-sharpening. His contrast between images of the World Cup and the bombings is actually pretty effective, and I'd say more effective than the racism angle. He could have left well enough alone and told his talkers to cool it.

I think he overplayed, but oh well... another 24-hour news cycle to distract us all...

I was thinking that they were calling Al Qaeda Racist because the Africans do not have access to upper management positions in Al Qaeda but only the entry level ones which while they are a blast, it means a poor health care plan and terrible wages. :rolleyes:

What you just said is what you have learned in the media. True Muslims are not barbaric or racists. I have met some that are more religious and are more peaceful and more educated then some Sunni (the original) Muslims are.

It is a damn shame that it only takes a few bad apples to make the rest look bad.

Did I say anything about Muslims? I was talking specifically about Al Qaeda and though I can definitely expand it to include other radical groups I certainly wasn't talking about your average Muslim individual.

This is why i put in the original post:

They kill everyone equally.. The only requirement is you don't face a certain way 5 times a day.. and in some cases you do, but disagree with them while doing it.

Thats not racism: Thats the borg mentality. Assimilate or die.

Archived