Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

25th Anniversary of Live Aid.

blue collar

The utterly incoherent Bob Dylan/Keith Richards/Ron Wood set has always been a favorite of mine. The three of them each look like they downed a bottle of bourbon and then decided to play an unrehearsed acoustic set of songs that none of them had ever played live before. God bless 'em.

It probably does feature the definitive Queen performance though.

I felt the rest of the show kind of sucked unless you were a huge Phil Collins fan. The major problem was that in 1985, I'm not sure anyone was really ready to pull off the techincal aspects of that kind of show. I remember watching it on MTV and seeing a lot of crowd shots while the next band set up.

The utterly incoherent Bob Dylan/Keith Richards/Ron Wood set has always been a favorite of mine. The three of them each look like they downed a bottle of bourbon and then decided to play an unrehearsed acoustic set of songs that none of them had ever played live before. God bless 'em.

It probably does feature the definitive Queen performance though.

I felt the rest of the show kind of sucked unless you were a huge Phil Collins fan. The major problem was that in 1985' date=' I'm not sure anyone was really ready to pull off the techincal aspects of that kind of show. I remember watching it on MTV and seeing a lot of crowd shots while the next band set up.[/quote']

There was a lot of confusion, but it was 1985. As to the concert, I liked it, even the one hit wonders wasn't all that bad, but it's a shame that America's biggest stars (Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen and Prince) chose not to perform

Archived