Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Republican senator says he backs birther lawsuits

Hunter44

You really don't know?

There were numerous court challenges if ya missed them.

Gotta agree with TWA here (what is the world coming to? :pfft:). There were quite a few lawsuits and court challenges filed against the Bushies. Some had merit, some were absurd and were thrown out as such.

While I don't agree with the birther lawsuits, I think anyone who feels strongly about being wrong has the right to bring it to court. Quite frankly I'm disturbed by the ruling of the court's in this case, which appeared to say that when the Constitution sets requirements for who can hold office (and this would apply to age) that they don't apply.

I'm waiting to see if someone younger than 35 is willing to go for Presidency or someone challenges the age requirements of the Congressional houses'. According to the logic by the judicial branch, no one could prove any "harm" if such a person was elected... which strikes me as odd.

2 people have already been elected 1 turned the legal age for the senate or congress before he was seated the other was 29 now it would be interesting to see what would happen if it was the presidency

Actually, as I understand it, the rule is that the plaintiff must have some interest which is greater than the average citizen's.

My problem is when we're dealing with things like, say, warrantless wiretapping, then IMO, every citizen has a legitimate complaint. Their government is doing something which the citizens have not consented to, and have specifically prohibited.

Suppose that I'm firmly convinced that Obamacare is unconstitutional. Who does have standing to challenge it in court?

The individual states would have that right

Archived