Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with 3 questions- 1 about traing camp and 2 about autograph sessions......

disturbed1

I have 2 questions that I hope that somebody can help me with. First let me start off by saying that I hope that this hasn't already been discussed in this forum. I tried to search and already.

Question 1 is......

My 2 kids (ages 2 and 3) have shown a lot of interest in meeting Chris Cooley after they saw my pictures of me with him at his charity event and I was wondering if anybody knows or is there any place that tells you where he is doing autograph signings??? I would love to get a picture of both of them with him and if anybody can help me with this it will be highly appreciated!!

Question 2 is........

I know that some of the players do sign autographs after training camp, is it hard to meet Cooley at training camp??

Question 3 is.......

I want to take my kids to fan appreciation day this year to Redskins training camp and I have never been to a training camp and I was wondering if they are family friendly and if it is going to be blistering hot is there a place to keep my kids cool?? Also can you bring coolers??

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope that somebody can help with this. Thanks!!!

1. Not sure but usually threads get started here when a player will be making a appearance for a signing, sometimes its at gamestop, sometimes its at a sports memorabilia location, all depends.

2. Its tough to get autographs after a TC practice but they can be aquired if you are persistent enough, sometimes some of the players go straight to the locker room, sometimes they dont.

3. Yes fan appreciation day is family friendly, very much so..but that is the BUSIEST fan day, and the lines are atrocious for autographs. There is hardly any shade at training camp what so ever. Yes you can bring coolers, at least up until last year you could, I brought one in myself..dont see why they would lift that or ban it.

Overall It is much easier to get autographs on a non fan appreciation day

Thanks that really helps. Do you know if the schedule is out yet for the traing camps that is open to the public??

Welcome

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Training_Camp_Schedule_39690.jsp :silly:

All practice times and dates are subject to change. Parking lots open approximately 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of practice and gates open approximately one hour prior to the start of practice. Generally, practice times last between 90 minutes and two hours, so fans are encouraged to come early.

The Redskins will notify fans of practice time changes and cancellations, as information becomes available.

Thursday, July 29

Open Practice

-- 4 p.m. ET

Friday, July 30

Open Practice

-- 8:30 a.m. ET

Saturday, July 31

Open Practice

Sunday, August 1

Open Practice

Monday, August 2

Open Practice

Tuesday, August 3

Open Practice

Wednesday, August 4

Open Practice

Thursday, August 5

Open Practice

Saturday, August 7

FAN APPRECIATION DAY!

-- 12 noon ET

Tuesday, August 10

Open Practice

Wednesday, August 11

Open Practice

Sunday, August 15

Open Practice

-- Time TBD

Monday, August 16

Open Practice

Wednesday, August 18

Open Practice

Thursday, August 19

Open Practice

-- Time TBD

CAMP BREAKS

Last year at Fan Appreciation Day...

2009-08-08_7830.jpg

and during a regular TC day...

2009-07-30_4323.jpg

I second the suggestion to attend on any day other than Fan Appreciation.

Chris is really cool with the fans, especially the kids, and stays a lot longer than most of the players. I took my boys and they got a ton of signatures, but it's a lot harder to target a specific player.

And they move around quite a bit to keep the crowds from piling up any larger than they already are, so it's kind of the luck of the draw for which player comes over to the side that you're standing at. But a 3-year-old wearing #47, sitting on your shoulders might catch his eye.

First you need to get hold of some VIP passes.

Two you will now be on the other side of the fence...the same side as the players and Cooley is a cool guy and always walks up to the fence/barrier to sign autographs.

I was on the other side one year and even stood next to Cooley while he gave a quick interview to Comcast.

How to get VIP tickets I am not sure...I got lucky since I had a semi-pro camera around my neck the security thought I was part of the media and didn't even notice that I didn't even have a VIP badge around my neck. :D

I've been to several training camps, and the top players usually don't sign autographs. I did get Shawn Springs and Jason Taylor (who was by far the best about signing that this team has had in recent memory. I also got Colt, Todd Collins, and H.B. Blades. Portis and Landry rarely sign if ever after a TC practice. You probably have a better shot, although not a great one, with Cooley. If you want his autograph, I would recommend Fan Appreciation Day.

Here is a VIP package with a hotel:

The Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North hotel is once again offering limited number of room packages for fans attending Redskins Training Camp in Ashburn, Va.

All-inclusive packages include overnight accommodations, a three course dinner from an unbeatable Redskins Dinner Menu, a cooked-to-order breakfast and buffet, shuttle service to and from Redskins Park and -- best of all -- exclusive V.I.P. passes to training camp that gets every fan in your group so close to Mike Shanahan and the Redskins that you’ll still feel the hits long after the day has ended

More info here:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Hilton_Garden_Inn_Redskins_Hotel_Promotion_43645.jsp

There is also some type of VIP deal if you donate blood at a blood drive on July 28 or if your kid is in the Redskins Kids Club, they have some type of VIP deal as well.

I do agree about the fan Appreciation Day being the busiest.

Went there 3 years ago and didn't even try to get an autograph,there were just to many people.

Does anyone know if there are things players just wont sign no matter what?

I have a huge 3 ring binder with all my Redskin Football Cards in and I thought it would be nice to get autographs on the cards.

I would also like to know whats better.

TC or an autograph session?

Were moving back to VA next weekend and once things settle down I hope to get as many of my cards possible autographed.

thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

• 1 month later...

Alright, bumping this thread, because I suck at using the site search, and I couldn't find any results from this year using the google search...

My question is, did anyone who stayed at the Hilton, along with the upgrade for the Skins memorabilia get anything yet? I was told they thought that the Skins were supposed to send them the items sometime between week 4 of pre-season through week 1 of the reg season... Week 1 has come and gone, and so I am wondering if anyone has recieved anything, or heard anymore about it...

Archived