Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 11 (Video Game)

MGutta

I was just wondering if any of you were looking to pick up NCAA 11 tomorrow?

I have been DYING for football for months now, and being a college student, NCAA is more than just a holdover until Madden for me.

This year's NCAA looks like it's going to be the best yet!

My gamertag is MGutta91.... and I'll be glad to play you guys tomorrow!

I plan on using Pitt.... I'm not officially in yet (applied for Spring), but here's hoping I get accepted :cheers:

I'm FORMERLY from the U. They suck :evil:

EDIT:

For anyone who wants to start a dynasty, I'd be up for that on 360 and MattFancy has said the same for PS3!

I used Bama last year, cut people up all day in that game. If my xbox worked I'd dog you too. Sadly I only can use my ps3. lol

Blagh.... well maybe we'll get some PS3 guys in here so you can connect... Ultimately, I'd like this to be a hub for players on both consoles. It won't get as large as the MW2 thread, but I think it'd be cool if people could just come here for some pickup games/trashtalk lol

I'm pumped, already pre-ordered and I'll probably be getting up early tomorrow to pick it up.

Feel free to add me, I'm not great particularly good especially against the guys that have figured out the glitches in the AI and exploit them (which pisses me off), but I still love playing.

Xbox Gamertag: Baetsen

I just got it today for PS3. So far so good. I'm playing as FSU against UMD and I'm up 21-0 at the half. Just playing on regular right now to get used it to. But I like what I see. Graphics look good, sounds good, game play seems pretty smooth. I'd give it a 4 out of 5. If anyone else has PS3 and wants to get a Dynasty going let me know!

In the words of Frank Caliendo, "Boom! Thank God for stupid people, each year they release essentially the same game with a different cover and slap my name [Madden] on it. Cha-Ching!"

NCAA 2004 ftw. I'll keep playing that until its no longer backwards compatible. Maybe, just maybe then I'll get a new copy. Of the previous years title. For 5 dollars.

I just got it today for PS3. So far so good. I'm playing as FSU against UMD and I'm up 21-0 at the half. Just playing on regular right now to get used it to. But I like what I see. Graphics look good, sounds good, game play seems pretty smooth. I'd give it a 4 out of 5. If anyone else has PS3 and wants to get a Dynasty going let me know!

Not that it matters now, but how'd you get it a day early? :drooley:

If you pre-ordered from dell.com you got $20 off and it got here a day early. Not a bad deal!

WOW! Why weren't there any commercials on TV? Blagh oh well...

At least the roster guys are gonna have a day up do get them out ASAP.

By the way, have you found out if that glitch is in the final game?

WOW! Why weren't there any commercials on TV? Blagh oh well...

At least the roster guys are gonna have a day up do get them out ASAP.

By the way, have you found out if that glitch is in the final game?

The Evil Genius actually posted a link to it in the 360 vs PS3 thread, that's how I found out about it!

I saw that the rosters should be done by Thursday or Friday. So I haven't even done anything but play exhibition games to get used to playing again.

Haven't noticed the glitch yet, I had to do an update when I first loaded the game in so maybe that took care of it?

And rd add me on ps3, my psn is MattFancy

In the words of Frank Caliendo, "Boom! Thank God for stupid people, each year they release essentially the same game with a different cover and slap my name [Madden] on it. Cha-Ching!"

NCAA 2004 ftw. I'll keep playing that until its no longer backwards compatible. Maybe, just maybe then I'll get a new copy. Of the previous years title. For 5 dollars.

2004? You could have bought the 08 version by now for really cheap. I get not buying a new version every year, I haven't bought a new NCAA since the 08 version, but I don't really see the point in holding on to a 7 year old version of the game.

I think the commercial for the game this year is pretty good:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fHVqveYqA&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fHVqveYqA&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2004? You could have bought the 08 version by now for really cheap. I get not buying a new version every year, I haven't bought a new NCAA since the 08 version, but I don't really see the point in holding on to a 7 year old version of the game.
NCAA 2004 has better controls than the new ones. I was actually given NCAA 07 for Christmas a while back but I still play 04. The reason why is because of the pitch. In 04 (and madden 05) you can pitch and lateral anywhere on the field. I run the option all the time in NCAA and it works best in 04. I see no reason to buy a new one.

NCAA 2004 has better controls than the new ones. I was actually given NCAA 07 for Christmas a while back but I still play 04. The reason why is because of the pitch. In 04 (and madden 05) you can pitch and lateral anywhere on the field. I run the option all the time in NCAA and it works best in 04. I see no reason to buy a new one.

I never have any issues running the option in the newest versions of the NCAA games. I never run it in Madden, but I use it occasionally in NCAA, though I run more of a balanced offense than anything else.

When they first switched over to the next-gen systems, the controls and engine were hard to get a grip on, but since then they've refined them a lot more I think.

This is still one of the best football games ever.

I was never that big on the NFL2k games.

The game play was a little too arcade-like for me. I think there are a lot of people who look back now in retrospect like NFL2k was this great football game just because they're tired of Madden and want an alternative (see: all the hype about that terrible Backbreaker game before it came out), but I played a lot of NFL2k5 my sophomore year in college when my friends had it on their PS2, and I just couldn't understand why people still hype it up so much.

Ya know what I don't even care that ea gets my money every year I love NCAA and madden and I get them both on release day every year and I will continue to ... It is my yearly football countdown ritual every year it kicks off with NCAA then training camp then Madden and preseason then college football kicks off then the regular season....and today it starts

Ya know what I don't even care that ea gets my money every year I love NCAA and madden and I get them both on release day every year and I will continue to ... It is my yearly football countdown ritual every year it kicks off with NCAA then training camp then Madden and preseason then college football kicks off then the regular season....and today it starts

Here, here, my friend! :cheers:

Lp5ekMlQvi4

LOL. Had to.

I can understand not getting NCAA every year, but Madden is tough not to get every year. Players and coaches change too much in the NFL so unless you manually update your rosters every year, its just easier to buy a new Madden. You can go without buying the newest NCAA every year so the players don't change as much every season. You could go every other year so without buying it and be ok.

Archived