Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Cousin Raps for a hobby.(Let me know what you think) ::Updated::

JustAfan47

Updated:

Well their is some more songs my cousin came out with and of course just want to see what you all think of it. Really would like to hear from the previous posters. :)

New comments are the best tho!.. :pfft:

So I just wanted to share with others that like to listen to that dirty south rap or rap itself what my cousin does on his leisure time. I think some of his work is ok to you can tell it will stay a hobby. Now that's just me I would like to her from others what you all think of his work. My cousin pretty much knows it's not going to take him anywhere so thats why it stays his side work or hobby shall I say. So take a listen and don't hold back on the critiques!. :)

P.S. His alias is "Tyton".

This is the newer stuff.

cZvxF2D8QRk

pYuJnxkonnw

Here are the old links to the stuff I originally posted.

If he's really serious about, well, being taken seriously, he needs to spend a little time in the gym. If you're going to put yourself out there like that it's all part of the deal.

Other than that, it wasn't awful. Which I was fully expecting it to be quite frankly. Good luck to him.

Was he really in "the game" as he claims?

Aren't all rappers always in the "game"?...:ols:

If he's really serious about, well, being taken seriously, he needs to spend a little time in the gym. If you're going to put yourself out there like that it's all part of the deal.

Other than that, it wasn't awful. Which I was fully expecting it to be quite frankly. Good luck to him.

No he does not plan on doing it full time. Zoony I had no idea you listened to rap. :D But thanks for you time. :)

It's funny that you mentioned the gym cause he just started going. :ols:

No he does not plan on doing it full time. Zoony I had no idea you listened to rap. :D But thanks for you time. :)

It's funny that you mentioned the gym cause he just started going. :ols:

Not much but not hard to pick out talent in any genre. I think he has some chops, he's just going to need to find a way to set himself apart. Either with his look like I suggested or his material like Elessar mentioned.

If he really just wants it to be a hobby and nothing else, nevermind what I said, more power to him :D

Not much but not hard to pick out talent in any genre. I think he has some chops, he's just going to need to find a way to set himself apart. Either with his look like I suggested or his material like Elessar mentioned.

If he really just wants it to be a hobby and nothing else, nevermind what I said, more power to him :D

Oh I'm sure if he could turn it into a career he would. Thanks for the feed back tho Zoony. Maybe he should try to trun it into a career since there's a methane gas bubble 20miles wide about to kill all of man kind cause of BP according to a thread I read on here a few mins ago. :chug:

this sounds like something I'd here on there.

I think this is my point. I wasn't trying to be negative with my first comment, but if he sounds like what's out there already and he's rapping about the same stuff then it'll be harder to set himself apart.

When I was asking about "the game," I was asking about the selling drugs game. But I guess your point is that he's in the "rap game"?

I know it's not fair but the hip hop I like is: Wu, Talib Kweli (older stuff), and naturally Mos Def, De La Soul, 2Pac, Big Boi (not really Andre)... so I compare them with more "artistic" rappers.

Sounds like all the other dirty south rap. Not bad. But I'm not that kind of music lover. I like alternative hip-hop, "real hip hop", kind alike what Elessar posted.

But yeah tell him not to quit his day job. lol

Ha!... rite! Thats what I tell him lol..:pfft:

Edit: Thanks for the listen tho bro. :thumbsup:

I think this is my point. I wasn't trying to be negative with my first comment, but if he sounds like what's out there already and he's rapping about the same stuff then it'll be harder to set himself apart.

When I was asking about "the game," I was asking about the selling drugs game. But I guess your point is that he's in the "rap game"?

Did you mean to quote MGutta?.... This sounds more towards me. If so I never took what you said in a negative fashion. I understand what you mint by the "game". Like I said isn't every rapper in the "game"/ "trap house"/ "hustlin"? :silly:

Sounds sharp, I like it. I like how he goes hard and doesn't try to be melodic and ****. Spit that ****, man...that's the problem these days...a lot of hippie rappers.

I see... Thanks for you time. Glad to hear you like it. lol... people are being more positive them me. :doh: :ols:

I know it's not fair but the hip hop I like is: Wu, Talib Kweli (older stuff), and naturally Mos Def, De La Soul, 2Pac, Big Boi (not really Andre)... so I compare them with more "artistic" rappers.

Well there are two schools of thought.... you could go with what's trending and be a one hit wonder like Flo Rida or you could try something new and be the next Lil Wayne.... The latter has a higher chance to fail, but a much greater reward. Ultimately, both will (and have) fade(d) out, but you do have some artists like Jay-Z, who not only does both, but he also keeps up with the times and constantly produce time and time again. It's that ability that separates great artists from good artists.

EDIT: I HATE Lil Wayne lol... I just know he had a lot of songs that a lot of people like. If you have a better example, just replace Lil Wayne with a rapper who was huge for 2-3 years.

Well there are two schools of thought.... you could go with what's trending and be a one hit wonder like Flo Rida or you could try something new and be the next Lil Wayne.... The latter has a higher chance to fail, but a much greater reward. Ultimately, both will (and have) fade(d) out, but you do have some artists like Jay-Z, who not only does both, but he also keeps up with the times and constantly produce time and time again. It's that ability that separates great artists from good artists.

EDIT: I HATE Lil Wayne lol... I just know he had a lot of songs that a lot of people like. If you have a better example, just replace Lil Wayne with a rapper who was huge for 2-3 years.

sorry thread hijack...

I like Jay-Z, enjoy his sound and the rhymes he uses are sublime (a fave line is how his parents conceived him under a sycamore tree which made him a "more-sicka MC" ... damn that's some slick thinking right there), but it's a little too mass market for me but even he knows what he is... he raps "lyrically I could be Talib Kweli" but he made a conscious choice to be a rich rap star instead of a musician. I respect that. U2 would never sing about that kind of self awareness.

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like every other commercial rapper out there. If this type of rap hadn't been run into the ground by now he would be ok but its too unoriginal to build off of.

But hell, music execs would prolly love that ****. I am more into real hip hop though. Mos Def is where its at for me.

Archived