Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC/ Neighbors on edge after box left at home explodes

twa

A nut job or a Eco-nut job? (Oil execs home)

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7547662

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Neighbors in a northwest Houston neighborhood are scared after a bomb was sent to a woman at her home and exploded.

Investigators say the woman received the package at her home off Seamist a couple weeks ago and opened it last night, which is when it exploded.

Police are still not releasing the woman's name, but she is in her 60s. A family member told Eyewitness News she had surgery on Saturday, but is stable. Meanwhile, her neighbors, who are understandably shaken, are praying for her recovery.

"Just heard a really, really loud boom," neighbor Courtney Turpin said.

Sources say the power of the blast destroyed the couple's sturdy patio furniture. They say this was no "kid's bomb."It apparently included batteries and wires and was quite professional-looking.

Because this is considered an attempted murder, HPD homicide detectives are investigating. Officials with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also are probing the incident.

Wow. That hit pretty close to home. My cousin lives in Houston with her husband and 3 children. Her husband works as an oil exec. for one of the large oil companies. Watching those videos had me a little freaked out being they weren't releasing the womans name. Fortunately just found out that they have been visiting my aunt/uncle here in DE since the 4th and aren't leaving to go back home for another day or two. Still forwarding this onto them though in case they haven't already heard about it.

You have to wonder if this is an isolated incident, or just the beginning of some premeditated attempt by an individual (or possibly a group of individuals) to get back at the "evil oil execs" whom they probably deem responsible for the oil spill. :whoknows:

Hey twa, did you ever here anything more about this?

EDIT: I just saw one of the comments on the original story indicated that GB had the story on his show on Monday and indicated that the homeowner was an exec. for Adams Offshore Exploration company (or something along those lines).

Hey twa, did you ever here anything more about this?

They have a suspect in custody and think it was unrelated to the oil industry.

No charges have been filed yet,so detail is sketchy

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100714-suspect-identified-in-package-explosion

Sources tell FOX 26 that the bombing is related to Wolf's family financial situation including a will and land holdings.

While the suspect in this case is being held at the Harris County Jail, he has not been charged with a specific crime in this case, so FOX 26 News will not release his name.

Wolf's relative who is in jail is being held on a probation violation out of San Augustine County.

A spokesperson from the San Augustine County Sheriff's Office says that if the ATF or Houston Police Department do not file charges against the suspect within a set number of days, he will likely be extradited back on the parole violation charge related to animal cruelty.

Well i'm glad it's not what I had originally thought it might be, but still a real dick thing to do regardless.

Yes, though you would think a relative of hers with enough reason to try to kill her would spell her name correctly.

Still awaiting tests on the bomb and and real evidence

Yes, though you would think a relative of hers with enough reason to try to kill her would spell her name correctly.

Yeah no ****. Well from the article you posted above, he might be in the running as a Darwin Award recipient. Either that or pure genius, but I wouldn't bet the farm on the latter.

Archived