Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

salon/Pentagon asks troops how gross it would be to shower with a gay person

twa

Actually I think it is.

I would like to know why you think it isn't. We're talking about socialization in the Army.

Then you think wrong.

Being black or non white is not viewed by the world as immoral.

Yeah A social experiment to intergrate a deviant activity publicly among normal troops is beneficial how to the majority??

Not the same thing and the comparison is getting old.

Well if ya ignore the facts and military history it is the same:silly:

Dockery ,blacks have served openly throughout our nations history(though certainly discrimination and segregation was common)

How is it the same in any meaningful manner?

You could find more similarity to the issue of females in the military than blacks(and even that is a stretch)

Then you think wrong.

Yeah A social experiment to intergrate a deviant activity publicly among normal troops is beneficial how to the majority??

Negroes are less intelligent than white people, are less trustworthy, and lazier. Yeah a social experiment to intergrate (sic) those people among normal troops is beneficial how to the majority??*

[*This was a not uncommon point of view among many who were opposed to fully integrating the U.S. military not too long ago.]

Dan are you assigning those supposed traits to peoples perception of gays today?

Fail

No, I'm suggesting that peoples' unfounded perceptions shouldn't be the guiding force behind a government institution discriminating against a class of people.

Negroes are less intelligent than white people, are less trustworthy, and lazier. Yeah a social experiment to intergrate (sic) those people among normal troops is beneficial how to the majority??*

[*This was a not uncommon point of view among many who were opposed to fully integrating the U.S. military not too long ago.]

Ahh racism is the same thing as deviant sexual activity?

Negroes fought with Whites during the American Revolution and were valuable spies for George Washington.

No, I'm suggesting that peoples' unfounded perceptions shouldn't be the guiding force behind a government institution discriminating against a class of people.

Certainly not

Nor should the very real problems of gays serving openly in the military be ignored.

Why do you not use the example of females being integrated instead since the problem is both sexual related and perception?

Why black?

Then you think wrong.

Do you even read my posts?

I'm not saying they are the same, I was saying discussing the acceptance of blacks and women in the military is germane when discussing accepting gays in the military.

You gave me an answer I was looking for. You see the act as immoral, and acceptance of gays to support immorality. That's fine, I wanted to know why you thought it was wrong.

FWIW, people used to think blacks were subhuman, and not worthy of acceptance as well. Women as well. They were not deserving of the same rights.

Now I'm not saying it's the same, but to put a blanket over it and say it's not is to completely ignore history. It's part of the discussion, just not the complete discussion.

Certainly not

Nor should the very real problems of gays serving openly in the military be ignored.

Why do you not use the example of females being integrated instead since the problem is both sexual related and perception?

Why black?

Dockery answered your question nicely.

But what are the "very real problems" of gays serving in the military? Other than those caused by the misperceptions of the NavyDaves of the world? After all, they serve now.

More and more women are serving in the military, and closer to the front lines. And the military has been able to handle the accomodations that come with that.

Once we get past the built-in personal biases and revulsion over homosexuality, it won't be such a monumental task for the military to adjust.

More and more women are serving in the military, and closer to the front lines. And the military has been able to handle the accomodations that come with that.

Once we get past the built-in personal biases and revulsion over homosexuality, it won't be such a monumental task for the military to adjust.

I agree,but getting past that point is the problem...till then it IS a monumental task and quite a adjustment for the military community.

I long for the day gays and women are on the front lines and don't mind at all them sharing the price of war....bodybags have no bias.

Really? You mean Openly Gay troops and their constituents were pushing their sexuality over winning the war?

Exhibit A... "They serve now... danT"

Male gays are actually ahead of females in acceptance if they conceal their sexuality.

Really? You mean Openly Gay troops and their constituents were pushing their sexuality over winning the war?

If by "pushing their sexuality over winning the war" you mean fighting for their right to be able to serve without being discharged should some otherwise completely irrelevant piece of their personal life be revealed, then yea.

uhhh since when is the military in the habit of polling the infantry regarding policy changes? this is ridiculous.

Similar poll was given on the same topic during the Clinton Admin. And CNN even had the cajones to Air a meeting with some of my troops who were allowed to speak candidly and it was a black female Airman and a white female sailor who made excellant points.

"You have restrooms (Heads) for Males and Females are there going to be separate ones for Lesbians and Homosexual males?"

"If you say no then why will there continue to be separate Restrooms (Heads) for men and women?"

note: there are places where you had open shower facilities where everyone had to congregate over a dozen shower heads. Bootcamp was like that and it was where kids who loved 2 types of music saw why we walk with a limp. :rolleyes:

And this Homosexual males and Lesbians not being aggressive sexually is ridiculous.

I already posted how a sailor on one of my first ships was beaten up after the drunk kid woke up to him performing oral sex on him.

Then there was a Drill Sgt who was relocated when the father of the recruit he assaulted in bootcamp shot him off post.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/us/17assault.html

Of all the assaults, Ms. Whitley said, a vast majority, 87 percent, were male on female, while 7 percent were male on male. The typical case, she said, was an assault by an 18- to 25-year-old junior enlisted male service member on a woman, with alcohol involved.

In the report, sexual assault was defined as rape, sodomy and other unwanted sexual contact, including touching of private body parts. It did not include sexual harassment, which is handled by another office in the military.

Archived