Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Poll: Which team will be most improved in 2010?

Santana_Fan

Would you attend a gay marriage/civil union ceremony, and support the couple as you would a hetero c  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a gay marriage/civil union ceremony, and support the couple as you would a hetero c

• Yes, unequivocally
    • Yes, but only if it was MY friend
    • Yes, but only if it was my significant other's friend
    • Maybe/Not sure
    • Probably not
    • No way! I could catch teh ghey!!

Ah damn, I liked it more when we weren't SUPPOSED to win....

**** you Vinny for lowering our expectations!!

Anyways, out of those teams, we've done the most, so I guess it would make good sense that we are running away with this poll. We do have the best QB, HC, OC, and (arguably) RB tandem out of all those, not to mention a stellar defense.

Edit

Ah ****, I liked it more when we weren't SUPPOSED to win....

**** you Vinny for lowering our expectations!!

Anyways, out of those teams, we've done the most, so I guess it would make good sense that we are running away with this poll. We do have the best QB, HC, OC, and (arguably) RB tandem out of all those, not to mention a stellar defense.

That's what I was saying too, but I still like seeing it, knowing that a lot of fans don't respect the Redskins, so sometimes they tend to vote against us just from the hate. This thread was going to be about voting, since I started this thread before I saw the results, but...:ols:.

Yup, after the initial shock of seeing us crushing, I loved seeing us win the poll too. There's probably going to be more and more hype about the retooled Skins as the weeks pass by, hopefully we can deliver. The Redskins may become a positive national focal point again as opposed to being a national laugh factory.

I like how people want us to be chosen to be underdogs, like we have been for 20 years, because that somehow means that we won't fail, like we have for 20 years.

Just interesting to me.

Being the underdog means you can't be disappointed when they fail. As if having high expectations is the worst thing in the world...18 years of mediocrity will do that though..

Being the underdog means you can't be disappointed when they fail. As if having high expectations is the worst thing in the world...18 years of mediocrity will do that though..

We're not mediocre, though. Our best record has been 10-6 in the past 18 (forgive the hyperbole) years. We've done that twice. We are THRILLED at a wild card team. That isn't mediocre; that's terrible.

I do understand the defense mechanism, though.

We're not mediocre, though. Our best record has been 10-6 in the past 18 (forgive the hyperbole) years. We've done that twice. We are THRILLED at a wild card team. That isn't mediocre; that's terrible.

I do understand the defense mechanism, though.

Agreed. We are not mediocre with talent.

But the results (at best) have been mediocre since our last Superbowl win. A wild card birth would be an improvement and a fair expecation for this upcoming season. As matter of fact that would be a success with the schedule we play.

I like how people want us to be chosen to be underdogs, like we have been for 20 years, because that somehow means that we won't fail, like we have for 20 years.

Just interesting to me.

You're over-analyzing it. Maybe even making some self-transference.

We just want to win. We just happen to be the underdogs now, as usual.

Hell, with as bad as we were under Zorn, I would have been happy with mediocre. Thankfully, I think we hurdled mediocre and went right to above-average with the changes we've made since December. Now it just needs to show up on the field.

You're over-analyzing it. Maybe even making some self-transference.

We just want to win. We just happen to be the underdogs now, as usual.

I think that you have a different read on the thread.

In this thread, people have said that they are disappointed that people are NOT viewing us as the underdogs, as is the basis of the thread. They feel that being cast as the underdog will give us an edge, even though that logic has failed for the past 20 years.

Hell, with as bad as we were under Zorn, I would have been happy with mediocre. Thankfully, I think we hurdled mediocre and went right to above-average with the changes we've made since December. Now it just needs to show up on the field.

It always does. :)

Just interesting to me.

or it could just mean that we actually ARE the underdog until we can start winning consistently...

Wiki:

Underdog may refer to:

Underdog (competition), a participant in a fight, conflict, or game who is not expected to win

So unless you think we deserve to be viewed otherwise, we should remain the underdog until we've proven otherwise.

I understand how we fans deal with expectations. But, keep in mind, eventually we want to be a team that is expected to win and does so. If we can only do well when we have no expectations, we can't ever be a consistent winner.

Exactly. Wouldn't that be something?? We haven't had those days in a LONG time...I remember them as a kid, will appreciate them a hell of a lot more this next time around...

Archived