Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How Many Games Will The Raiders Win? lol...

Califan007

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah, since it seems any thread talking about the Raiders' chances of improving this season turns into yet another JC debate-athon, figured I'd start a poll and put our guesses in stone (kinda).

So...which option on the poll (coming soon) do you think matches your views (limited or otherwise) on how the Campbell-led Raiders will do?

You think they will do worse in the division than last year? (for the record, they won two division games against KC and Denver.)

I actually do. I think they get swept by SD and KC this year, and split with Denver. I think KC has improved at least enough to sweep the Raiders, who haven't improved enough in my opinion to avoid that.

I think they'll be better and in most games.

I also don't think it's a lock that JC is the starter for every game. Heck, he might not even be the starter on opening day. The news out of Oakland is that it's an open competition right now and that Bruce Gradkowski ain't backing down from JC one bit.

I think they'll be better and in most games.

I also don't think it's a lock that JC is the starter for every game. Heck, he might not even be the starter on opening day. The news out of Oakland is that it's an open competition right now and that Bruce Gradkowski ain't backing down from JC one bit.

Where? In the parking lot? Gradkowski recently had surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. It is still iffy that he will heal in time for training camp.

I'm hoping for a 7-9 season. That would give the Raiders their first 1 digit loss total in 7 years. The fans would go nuts.

Despite having the worst offense in the NFL, they managed to get 5 wins. Considering that Campbell is far better than anything that they had last year, .500 isn't unrealistic.

Course, .500 got second place in the division last year.

Fallacious logic, though. The fact is that their point output was almost doubled by the opposition last season.

A Campbell-led offense is not producing more than 17 ppg. More than that just isn't going to happen with the Raiders. Which means the Raider D has to allow about 7 ppg less than last season, which would be an incredible improvement and there is absolutely no reason to believe that it will happen.

Instead of losing games 28-10, they'll lose them 23-17. It's still a loss, no matter how you slice it. They'll tread water, somewhere in the 4-7 win range.

They looked like a halfway decent team when their more mediocre QBs like Gradkowski were healthy so with the JC we all know and love, they shouldn't have a problem getting 6-7 wins. After what they've been putting up with since 2003 (NFL record for consecutive double-digit loss seasons) they are going to fall in love with Campbell for many of the same reasons we hate him here.

I think they'll go 7-9 and look like an improved team as the go 2nd in the AFC west. They're biggest problem isn't the division they're in, where I think they'll go 4-2. It's the fact that in the division they face the Chargers twice, they also have to face the Colts, Titans, Texans, Steelers, and yes I'll put them up, the Cardinals and 49ers.

So in my opinion, 7-9 for this team will be a huge improvement. Now the next question is, will the living dead that is Al Davis, be willing to keep the coaching staff in place, and actually improve on the team the next year, or will he fire the coaching staff, get a group of scrubs that will make JC learn yet another system?

In case you're wondering...

11+ games...they'll win the division.

CPORTISFAN999, SinisterJay

9-10 games, no division title and no playoffs, though.

Skins_Win_Again, Switchgear

Thanks for that...because clicking on the "View Poll Results" link would have been WAY too strenuous a task for most :yes:...

• 5 months later...

Here's a blast from the past. Thread winners:

1. AmishGangster

2. darrengee

3. doncherry

4. gmen2005

5. GreenRiggins

6. hawgboy

7. HRNY4ZRNY

8. Invadersquee

9. mcmahon2233

10. Mordac

11. paintrain

12. Passizle

13. robotfire

14. sjinhan

15. thecardiacrll

16. TheLongshot

17. thesubmittedone

18. Titans&SkinsFan

19. War Paint

I was in the 9-10 win category, to my everlasting shame.

Archived