Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportscenter: Redskins primer......

NoCalMike

Well that was about the most negative piece done on the Skins I have seen all this year. Mike Golic said the Skins won't be able to compete in the NFC East. Said losing Stephen Davis was "worst offseason move" They had to throw another jab at the "QB Carousel" crap again.

Another negative piece on the Skins. Someone tell me,just what have we done to earn any praise from the pundits? I have yet to see anything spectacular on the field. Our team has many question marks and only time will answer them. We must earn respect. Besides,I love the fact that we're the Rodney Dangerfield Gang again.....:D

I think we had more questions last year. One of the biggest areas where we as fans differ from the "experts" is that we don't see losing Davis as a huge problem. Yeah, maybe he'll put up decent numbers in Carolina, but he wasn't going to do it with us, he's just not a good fit. Besides, NO ONE is worth what he would have cost us. We're twice as well off at QB as we were last year. D-Line is really the achilles heel. I do have to concede that they have a point there. Even so, the largest factor should be Spurrier being our coach now for the SECOND year. That should outweigh the DL issue and result in at least as many wins as last year.

Davis as our worst offseason move.... they said "losing a runner like Davis even if he doesn't fit the offense is no good. He has averaged 1200 yards per season over the last 4 years.

But he doesn't fit. So what are we supposed to do?

they also never seem to realize how cumbersome his salary was, and how much the Redskins accomplished by relieving themselves of that burden.

I guess we should have kept him,, but then again, when we can't afford any guards and he gets stuffed again this year, then what would they say?

"Shame on Snyder for overpaying Davis, and underachiever in this offense"

~Bang

It is hard to say whether getting rid of Davis was a boner move. I would think if you're gonna want to pass down field alot, you'd want to keep that plowing RB to keep the secondary in check. But what do I know? Maybe we don't need RBs at all. Shotgun and and 6 going downfield....could work

Sure..... we should have kept a running back, probowler or not, eventhough it was obvious to everyone that he didn't fit the system. If your head coach and offensive coordinator no longer want to be a rush first team, yet you have a power rushing back, the rule is your supposed to keep them anyway and keep paying them. Nice logic.

More specifically, and to be used as an example, our offensive scheme is one that utilizes a running back who can catch out of the backfield. Yet Davis, the probowl rushing back, is not a receiving threat. He is mechanical, deliberate, and has hands that are questionable in both catching the football and holding onto the football once he does have it.

ESPN...... Exasperating....Suspiciously..... Predictable..... Network.

Archived