Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In the spirit of SkinsCrushCowboys kick-ass kegerator, here's pics of my kegerator rehab...

Skinsfan1311

Looks really nice. Short and sweet.

How did you get CC to sign the tap? Did he come to your house?

Nope...he did an autograph signing last summer, at Arundel Mills in Hanover MD.

It's the first time that I ever paid for an autograph, (which goes against my grain as I'm a very cheap ****), but I figured it put a nice finishing touch on the kegerator.

He was pretty cool....he also signed a helmet and a football.

Truthfully, I'd rather have Mrs. Cooley come to the house. :evilg:

very nice work.

that just might have to be a summer project for me. i'm sure my wife would rather i do other stuff around the house, but keg beer in the fall (hell, year round) sounds mighty good.

Thanks!

Tell your wife that owning a kegerator will save you a lot of money. ;)

Seriously!

The savings are minimal if you drink Miller/Bud/Coors, but quite substantial if you drink craft beers.

For the beers that I drink, (Heavy Seas, DuClaw's, Victory, etc.), the average savings is ~ $120.00 buying by the keg, instead of the case. Just don't let your beer-swilling friends drink away your savings!

Keg beer is a good thing.

Fresh draft beer, served at the proper pressure and temp, is how the brewers meant for their beer to be served.

Looking good 1311. Taking that to tailgates at the stadium or is it just for road games?

Sorry...it's only for road games....the kegerator doesn't leave the house.

I can fill growlers for tailgates, but I usually just bring a six-pack and drink shots at the tailgates!

Sorry...it's only for road games....the kegerator doesn't leave the house.

I can fill growlers for tailgates, but I usually just bring a six-pack and drink shots at the tailgates!

With it being only July the thought of drinking shots of bourbon at Fed Ex makes my eyes water a little.

Hail!

Same offer holds if you ever find yourself in beautiful downtown Glen Burnie....

I think the property value in Glen Dirty just tripled with the addition of this kegorator! :)

With it being only July the thought of drinking shots of bourbon at Fed Ex makes my eyes water a little.

Hail!

You mean it brings tears to your eyes knowing how great it will be to be able to finally do that soon!! Hurry up NFL season, please and thanks.

Hail!

Mine too...maybe I'll pop in a Skins DVD and do a couple of shots of Maker's tonight....

I think the property value in Glen Dirty just tripled with the addition of this kegorator! :)

You mean it brings tears to your eyes knowing how great it will be to be able to finally do that soon!! Hurry up NFL season, please and thanks.

If it wasn't for the hound dogs and sofa on the front porch,(and the old cars on blocks in the front yard), I'd be inclined to agree with you.....

Great job Skinsfan1311. I wish I had your skill and know-how!

Thanks....I don't have skill and know-how...just lot's of patience......

Hey .. you kegerator dudes: I'm not a big beer drinker, but beer on draught sounds AWESOME! How long does a keg of beer "keep" in one of those for someone like me who drinks a couple a week (but when friends come over .. it's a different story)?

EDIT: N/M Google searched and found ~40 days if pressurized with NO2 or CO2.

Nope...he did an autograph signing last summer, at Arundel Mills in Hanover MD.

It's the first time that I ever paid for an autograph, (which goes against my grain as I'm a very cheap ****), but I figured it put a nice finishing touch on the kegerator.

He was pretty cool....he also signed a helmet and a football.

Truthfully, I'd rather have Mrs. Cooley come to the house. :evilg:

You should submit your pic to his blog site and invite both of them for a drink. ;)

Hey .. you kegerator dudes: I'm not a big beer drinker, but beer on draught sounds AWESOME! How long does a keg of beer "keep" in one of those for someone like me who drinks a couple a week (but when friends come over .. it's a different story)?

EDIT: N/M Google searched and found ~40 days if pressurized with NO2 or CO2.

Though some of the beer and beer dispensing forums would have you believe otherwise, that's not exactly true. I'm drawing, (pun fully intended), from personal experience here.

I asked a local brewer the same question, and he said keg beer will taste brewery fresh for at least 6 months before the flavor starts to degrade, as long as it's cold and kept under pressure after being tapped. I trust his opinion.

The longest that I've ever had a keg tapped,(1/2 keg of Heavy Seas Loose Cannon..a very hoppy pale ale), was just over 2 months. (We had a couple of week-long vacations during that time:)), and the last beer tasted as good as the first.

Cold beer under the correct pressure would probably "keep" for a year, though it wouldn't taste as good.

It also depends on the style of beer. Hoppy Ales, like I prefer, supposedly won't as long as conventional lagers and pilsners, before the flavor degrades.

American draft beer is not pastuerized, so it's critical that it is stored cold.

You're right.

Fresh draft beer, dispensed from a balanced system, is the best way to enjoy beer.

i thiiiiiiink, that you should go to the wash vs minnesota game, bring the kegorator as it would be me and my brothers first redskins game to the tailgate! :D

I'll be at the tailgate, (just look for the guy in the back, behind Pez, cooking shrimp), but the kegerator stays home:(

The good news is that I'll have a few locally brewed craft beers, and you and your brother are welcome to try some...:beerglass:chug::pint:

I converted one very similar to Skinsfan1311 I just lack any artistic skill to actually color/paint the damn thing so it looks like a Stainless Steel kegerator (maybe one day I'll grow a pair and color it). For now it dispenses great beer so I can't complain too much.

I converted one very similar to Skinsfan1311 I just lack any artistic skill to actually color/paint the damn thing so it looks like a Stainless Steel kegerator (maybe one day I'll grow a pair and color it). For now it dispenses great beer so I can't complain too much.

Get a good airbrush artist to do it for you. Something along the lines of a player ripping his way out of a Redskin themed kegerator. Then post pics in this thread, 'cos I think something along those lines would look sweet.

How'd you get Jim Zorn to paint it for you?

Does it look maroon and black? ;)

Nicely done but no offense... Budweiser really???

Thanks!

None taken!

As one a beer geek I get where you're coming from.

I used a sign that was gifted.

Even though Budweiser sucks nuts, I think that the Bud sign goes with the Redskins/FedEx field theme rather nicely.

01-scoreboard-progress040610.jpg

The only kegs that have ever seen the inside of it, with the exception of Sierra Nevada, are from local craft brewers, (Heavy Seas, DuClaw's, Dominion & Victory)

Remember...support your local craft brewer!

Archived