Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In the spirit of SkinsCrushCowboys kick-ass kegerator, here's pics of my kegerator rehab...

Skinsfan1311

Very nice...just curious why you didn't just cut off the Budweiser part of the sticker/sign if you didn't like it....but still even with it is very nice.

I didn't think about it at the time....

Do you guys have plans for the Kegerator or do you buy kits online?

Nope..no plans....I rehabbed mine...basically gutted it' date=' rewired it, painted it, and added some new h/w, (beer-line, faucet, tower cooler, circulating fan, door liner, door seal and gasket)

A job well done. That's fantastic.
That's pretty impressive and Cooley's stamp of approval makes it even better nice work.
wow, u guys are really talented.

Thanks!!

So did it start out as a mini-fridge and then you converted it into a keg fridge?

How much does the transition cost, and are there people out there that offer a service to convert it, cause I am not very handy when it comes to this kind of stuff.

that is really nice!!!! Great size and looks fantastic. I like the yellow top on the kegorator! We had one with a top tap, but had some trouble with foam. I would be proud to have yours in my garage any day!!!!!!

Thanks! Your kegerator looks great too! The way to solve the foam problem on units with towers, assuming that you have a balanced system, (i.e. beer at the correct serving temp, CO2 set at the correct PSI, beer line is the proper length, etc.), is to cool your tower.

That's because CO2 breaks out of solution (i.e. foams), at temps higher than 38 degrees. The air in beer towers is usually warmer than the air in the box. To help prevent foam, you have to circulate cold air into the tower. To do this, I added a blower, and attached a hose which is routed up into the tower.

A pic is easier than the explanation:

DaytonBlower.jpg

blowerhose.jpg

It ain't pretty, but no one really sees the inside of the fridge and it works.

I've gotten pretty good at balancing systems and kegerators, so if you have any specific questions, or ideas, shoot me PM.

So did it start out as a mini-fridge and then you converted it into a keg fridge?

How much does the transition cost, and are there people out there that offer a service to convert it, cause I am not very handy when it comes to this kind of stuff.

It is an old kegerator,(circa 1987), that was given up for dead. It was gifted to me. It was pretty beat up, as it was out in the weather for years, but I plugged it in and it got cold, so I made it a project. I dropped around $300.00 or so, into it, and several weekends.

I'm not very handy either, but if I can do it, anyone can. It just takes a little research, and a lot of time and patience. If I had to do it over, I'd do a freezer conversion, like SkinsCrushCowboys did, and go nuts with the Redskins customization.

EDIT: Mods...if this thread has gone off course, (i.e. not really a Stadium thread), please move it to the Tailgate ...

Archived