Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chances of a Pacquiao vs Mayweather mega fight are slim. **Pacquiao to fight Margarito**

blue collar

I still don't get why boxers know how much they are getting paid before the fight. Seems to me, that it should be paid out on a performance basis.If you win, you get 70%, you loose you get 30%. If you get knocked out, you loose 5%, if you knock someone out you get their 5%, etc

I still don't get why boxers know how much they are getting paid before the fight. Seems to me, that it should be paid out on a performance basis.If you win, you get 70%, you loose you get 30%. If you get knocked out, you loose 5%, if you knock someone out you get their 5%, etc

Exactly.

It makes absolutely no sense.

www.opposingviews.com/i/audio-floyd-mayweather-sr-rips-manny-pacquiao-uses-gay-slurs

You knew as soon as the "deadline" passed, the Mayweathers would stoop to namecalling. This is the same man that have done time in prison and was estranged from Floyd Jr for more than a decade.

LOL! I can clearly understand what he's saying at all times. How 'bout he goes into detail why Manny's a sissy? Nope...simply name calling. Make the fight and if Floyd wins, fine. But, I refuse to listen to a man who sounds like crack was a big part of his life while the English language was not.

LOL! I can clearly understand what he's saying at all times. How 'bout he goes into detail why Manny's a sissy? Nope...simply name calling. Make the fight and if Floyd wins, fine. But, I refuse to listen to a man who sounds like crack was a big part of his life while the English language was not.

He mentions that Manny doesn't deserve the same amount of money.

Well, Pac/Mayweather is officially off as Pac will fight Antonio Margarito. Many will disagree (StillUnKnown), but I don't believe this will be an easy fight for Pac. As good as Pac is, he does take punches. Margarito might not win, but he will put his hands on him.

And of course, this is exactly what Floyd wants. For Pac to add just a little more milage. If not that, he's praying that he loses.

So cheater Margarito gets Pacquiao, while Punisher, who does nothing but beat people cleanly, gets nothing.

:finger: Margarito

:finger: Pacquiao

:finger: Boxing politics

I agree. The only reason Margarito is getting a shot is because he fights under Top Rank as does Pac. But I must say this, I've never been all that big on Paul Williams. I'd love to see Berto get a shot.

I agree. The only reason Margarito is getting a shot is because he fights under Top Rank as does Pac. But I must say this, I've never been all that big on Paul Williams. I'd love to see Berto get a shot.
Fair enough. But at least let Paul face some top competition.

seems to me that writer is seriously overestimating the amount of people who claim mayweather is the greatest of all-time

nobody says floyd is the greatest of all time other than mayweather himself (he's somewhere in my top 30, and the best 130lb ever imo)

the article also says he hasn't fought any hall of famers in their prime which is false. Diego coralles was in his prime (he's a future hof) the same is true about jose luis castillo

seems to me that writer is seriously overestimating the amount of people who claim mayweather is the greatest of all-time

nobody says floyd is the greatest of all time other than mayweather himself (he's somewhere in my top 30, and the best 130lb ever imo)

the article also says he hasn't fought any hall of famers in their prime which is false. Diego coralles was in his prime (he's a future hof) the same is true about jose luis castillo

But I don't think you can compare them to the fighters that some of the other great fighters have fought. As good as Coralles and Castillo was, I wouldn't put them on the level as Hagler, Hearns or Duran.

The only thing I might disagree with the reporter is, I believe Leonard DID avoid Hagler at the height of his skills. Even though I still believe Hagler beat Leonard, Hagler was slightly on his way down when they fought.

But I don't think you can compare them to the fighters that some of the other great fighters have fought. As good as Coralles and Castillo was, I wouldn't put them on the level as Hagler, Hearns or Duran.

The only thing I might disagree with the reporter is, I believe Leonard DID avoid Hagler at the height of his skills. Even though I still believe Hagler beat Leonard, Hagler was slightly on his way down when they fought.

i dont put Coralles or Castillo in their class, but they are both clear HOF who were in their primes when floyd fought them. Coralles in particular was undefeated at the time and considered top 3 p4p when they fought. it was that dominating peformance against coralles that put floyd on the current pound 4 pound list.

• 3 months later...

Archived