Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BWI departure, suggestions

Capt. Kaos

I am taking my daughter to BWI airport on Saturday to catch a flight. Her flight leaves at 3:00pm, how early should I arrive to make sure we don't miss her flight.

I can't ever remember even being at an airport on a weekend. I have no idea what to expect as far as lines and crowds go.

TIA

Also check about someone being with her. I know they only allow ticketed passengers past security. I believe the airlines have someone to accompany minors. Make sure that is all arranged. Might need a little extra time for that.

Also check about someone being with her. I know they only allow ticketed passengers past security. I believe the airlines have someone to accompany minors. Make sure that is all arranged. Might need a little extra time for that.

This is for my 17 yr. old daughter going back to Vegas after a 2 month visit, she'll be ok no matter what they want to do as far as letting us go back with her or not.

When she left Vegas they let her mom and her mom's husband go back with her but when we picked her up they only let me go back because she wasnt younger.

Either way I had planned on leaving some extra time for that part of the arrival.

oh yeah, completely forgot about that.

post 9/11 stuff.

I hope they make exceptions for minors but I doubt it.

This is for my 17 yr. old daughter going back to Vegas after a 2 month visit, she'll be ok no matter what they want to do as far as letting us go back with her or not.

Ahh ok, I was thinking lil kaos.

Depending on how hot it is.. when I see my wife off for a trip, I park at the top level of the hourly garage. You can almost always get a spot right beside any of the doors.

Which airline? That will help you decide on which side of the garage to park.

~Bang

Depending on how hot it is.. when I see my wife off for a trip, I park at the top level of the hourly garage. You can almost always get a spot right beside any of the doors.

Which airline? That will help you decide on which side of the garage to park.

~Bang

Continental Airlines

As I recall they're sort of central to the terminal. After you get your ticket at the hourly, go up the left side ramp, then once inside the garage make a left to go up when you see the sunlight. Park near any door close to the ramp and you're just a short walk to the escalators down. They've also got those moving sidewalks up there.

Usually there's no crowds up top. Of course, your car will be 140 degrees when you get back in, but..

Line problems and crowds at BWI aren't ever too bad in my experience, and I figure at that time of day on a saturday it should be pretty light.

~Bang

Archived