Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is laziness becoming socially acceptable?

Blackest Eyes

Just asking the masses here. Do you think that laziness is becoming socially acceptable?

Some examples that I'm thinking about specifically...

Not returning a shopping cart to a cart corral after being done with it but instead leaving it right in the middle of the parking lot or propping it up against the curb. Why is it so difficult to return the cart?

When shopping, placing a product in the entirely wrong location from where you picked it up. It doesn't take that long to go back to where you found the item and put it where it belongs.

Not using a turn signal when driving. It isn't difficult at all to do, so why not use it? People cannot read each others minds...at least most people :ols:

Failing to fix a poor parking job. Why is it acceptable to park on the white line or over the white line in another space? Once again, it takes ten seconds to fix the mistake.

I just don't understand how simple things like this are so difficult to do for so many people. Discuss.

I agree with you 100%. :ols: All of those things drive me nuts, particularly the cart deal. I was sitting in Wal-Mart parking lot a few weeks ago, and this woman was, no lie, 3 parking spaces away from where they have the cart returns, and she pushed it in front of her car, backed up, and went about her business. It pissed me off really. lol.

It's the little things like that that make me think twice about things I do.

What about when you open a door for someone and they are too lazy to say thank you. Or how about when people walk their dogs and the dogs crap on someone elses lawn and they are too lazy to pick it up.

What about when you open a door for someone and they are too lazy to say thank you. Or how about when people walk their dogs and the dogs crap on someone elses lawn and they are too lazy to pick it up.

I can understand not wanting to pick up your dogs crap, but if you don't want to take care of it, why have a dog? Letting it sit in someone else's yard is totally rude. One time someone threw their trash in my grandfathers yard and he found their address and took their trash back to their home and scattered it throughout their yard :ols: Not so sure that was the correct thing to do, but hopefully they got the point.

These are all indicative of selfishness IMO. And yes, while there are a bunch of lazy asses in our society, I think there is actually a higher prevalence of selfish people out there. It's quite sad.

I totally agree.

Another thing, laziness in the workplace drives me absolutely crazy. I hate when my co-workers do things halfway and leave the rest for someone else to finish.

My 11 year old half brother is in town for the summer, and I've never seen such laziness. I tell him to go out and play and he's like "it's too hot". He just sits around on the PC/TV/Wii all day. I took him out to teach him to play some football today, and after less than 10 mins he purposely missed the pass and let it roll down the street so he could head inside. He said it's too hot to be outside.

I was outside from the time I got up until bedtime during the summer when I was his age. I wasn't even allowed in the house unless I was sick.

Another thing, laziness in the workplace drives me absolutely crazy. I hate when my co-workers do things halfway and leave the rest for someone else to finish.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree.

I'm actually working for a guy now who's a total hard ass and is known for firing people left and right for being lazy and/or stupid. All he asks is that you seek perfection and deliver. If you constantly screw up, you're gone. A lot of people hate the guy (2 people have been fired in the 1 month I've been employed, one having been hired the same time as me), I love how he works. That's exactly how a boss should be, that's totally how i'm going to be someday if I'm in a management position.

There are too many excuses these days for laziness, sloppiness, working just for the clock, of for not performing your duties the best they can possibly be performed. I think it's great to be in an environment where everyone is functioning their best because they have to or their feet will be held to the fire. That's the way it should always be.

Now, ask me how much I like my boss when I'm fired next month :ols:

What is wrong with not returning carts to the corrals? I usually push it home and collect all sorts of neat stuff.

0.jpg

Seriously, though. Yeah I hate all of those things. I don't understand some people. Especially, the ones who don't know cars have turn signals. Every ****ing day there is some more that cuts someone off and doesn't even bother to hit the signal. And half the time their phone is to their ear.

If you guys think we're lazy here, spend some time in a foreign country.

Agree. I got plenty frustrated while in Europe due to the random hours of restaurants and barber shops being open.

Although in other places they call "lazy" slowing down and simply enjoying life.

Just asking the masses here. Do you think that laziness is becoming socially acceptable?

Some examples that I'm thinking about specifically...

Not returning a shopping cart to a cart corral after being done with it but instead leaving it right in the middle of the parking lot or propping it up against the curb. Why is it so difficult to return the cart?

When shopping, placing a product in the entirely wrong location from where you picked it up. It doesn't take that long to go back to where you found the item and put it where it belongs.

by not returning my cart or putting things back where i got them..... i am only being a good American. i am creating a job. if i do it they dont have to pay someone to collect these things and return them to proper place.

and before you gimme the "it reflects in the cost" speech..... i say BS because they can only charge what the market will bear and they dont lower prices when they "downsize"

by not returning my cart or putting things back where i got them..... i am only being a good American. i am creating a job. if i do it they dont have to pay someone to collect these things and return them to proper place.

and before you gimme the "it reflects in the cost" speech..... i say BS because they can only charge what the market will bear and they dont lower prices when they "downsize"

You're exactly the person the thread starter is talking about. Take your damn cart back where it belongs. Its not a hard concept.

Yeah. Those things bug me when I see them,which is usually every day. I really don't like the whole leave the cart thing especially if the ****er starts roll. I also like those,(who are healthy or not obviously hampered by some physical problem,or elderly),who will wait a minute or two for a parking space to open up when there is one,maybe more than one,3 spaces away. I also see laziness every day in,ironically enough,the gym I work at. Spend no small amount of time putting weights and other things away for the few knuckle heads who are too selfish,lazy,and rude to put them back where they got the. Grumble. Which,might I add,is more work than two of my coworkers do in an entire week,(see how I slipped the one about coworkers in there? :silly: ).

Not using a turn signal when driving. It isn't difficult at all to do, so why not use it? People cannot read each others minds...at least most people :ols:

My Dad and I were driving and we pulled up to a red light and he goes "now watch this moron will finally turn his blinker on once the light turns green". Guess how that turned out...

My Dad and I were driving and we pulled up to a red light and he goes "now watch this moron will finally turn his blinker on once the light turns green". Guess how that turned out...

Upstate NY this is the norm.

I was up there nearly a year ago and it was incredible that people did not understand the reason for it.

Archived