Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Basketball courts

shuler74

Why is it that everytime I drive by a basketball court they have no nets? When I was younger me and a friend wold occasionaly buy nets to put them on the baskets to wake up the next day and they would be gone. There is nothing worse than playing ball with no nets . Why do people take down the nets?

Yeah that used to be a problem at one park I played at as a kid. It's annoying as hell. I think stupid kids take them simply because they can. Same reason they would cut cords on pay phones.

It was so unsatisfying to make a perfect shot and not hear that swish.

Question... why do they build awesome fences around the thousands of tennis courts all around northern va, but not around the hundreds of basketball courts. I got poison ivy running after a stray pass. Also why the heck are their so many more tennis courts many with lights to play at night time.

Question... why do they build awesome fences around the thousands of tennis courts all around northern va, but not around the hundreds of basketball courts. I got poison ivy running after a stray pass. Also why the heck are their so many more tennis courts many with lights to play at night time.

These places don't like the crowds that good basketball courts attract. There's a few courts I used to play pickup games at all the time, and both courts took down one hoop to deter people from coming. They didn't like the crowd that fullcourt games brought in.

There was one court that had a fence around it, but it was to keep people out. The school would unlock it for gym class, people ended up cutting and pulling up the fence.

A fence around the basketball court wouldn't hurt,, depends on where it is and how it's situated I guess.. at the park I usually play tennis in, the basketball court is up on a rise with a bit of a gulley between it and the road.. a ball going out isn't going to roll up it into the road unless you really heaved it.

Conversely, if I serve a tennis ball to you at 80 mph and you miss it, we have a long walk to go get it.

In fact, after pretty much every point.

Also, the basketball courts up there have rubber and chain nets. They stay up, and those courts do attract quite a crowd especially with the swimming pool directly across the street. Hell, the county takes great care of those basketball courts.. even had it resurfaced last year. There are lights, and usually a game going on until the park closes at 11.

Our tennis courts on the other hand have cracks so deep I could sell burro rides to tourists. We're lucky the surface isn't uneven yet, but another winter of ice in them and they'll get to be more than an inch and a half wide and four inches deep in spots

~Bang

These places don't like the crowds that good basketball courts attract. There's a few courts I used to play pickup games at all the time, and both courts took down one hoop to deter people from coming. They didn't like the crowd that fullcourt games brought in.

There was one court that had a fence around it, but it was to keep people out. The school would unlock it for gym class, people ended up cutting and pulling up the fence.

In a nation plagued by obesity perhaps encouraging sports should be a priority.

A fence around the basketball court wouldn't hurt,, depends on where it is and how it's situated I guess.. at the park I usually play tennis in, the basketball court is up on a rise with a bit of a gulley between it and the road.. a ball going out isn't going to roll up it into the road unless you really heaved it.

Conversely, if I serve a tennis ball to you at 80 mph and you miss it, we have a long walk to go get it.

In fact, after pretty much every point.

Also, the basketball courts up there have rubber and chain nets. They stay up, and those courts do attract quite a crowd especially with the swimming pool directly across the street. Hell, the county takes great care of those basketball courts.. even had it resurfaced last year. There are lights, and usually a game going on until the park closes at 11.

Our tennis courts on the other hand have cracks so deep I could sell burro rides to tourists. We're lucky the surface isn't uneven yet, but another winter of ice in them and they'll get to be more than an inch and a half wide and four inches deep in spots

~Bang

I guess it just depends on the area. In Newport News, seems like the city is against people playing basketball outside

There was a court in my neighborhood, but they tore it down last year and replaced with a picnic area. Too many people who didn't live in the community coming in to use it. Also it was right next to the playground, and there were too many instances of loud cursing and what not with kids right there. Same thing, at the end of the day. Don't like the crowd it brings in, so they get rid of it.

There was a court in my neighborhood, but they tore it down last year and replaced with a picnic area. Too many people who didn't live in the community coming in to use it. Also it was right next to the playground, and there were too many instances of loud cursing and what not with kids right there. Same thing, at the end of the day. Don't like the crowd it brings in, so they get rid of it.

Awesome! Replace sports with another place to eat.

What does it matter if people from other neighborhoods came to use it? Did they expect people in the neighborhood to play by themselves? I really hate **** like that. It's hard enough to get sports going in fat land without touchy ****s ruining it for everyone as soon as people succeed.

Yeah, we had a few shootings and that was that. No one wants to go play half court ball, so they were actually smart to just take down one side of the court.

What does it matter if people from other neighborhoods came to use it? Did they expect people in the neighborhood to play by themselves? I really hate **** like that. It's hard enough to get sports going in fat land without touchy ****s ruining it for everyone as soon as people succeed.

Here is your answer:

Yeah, we had a few shootings and that was that. .

The few ruin it for the many. I feel sorry for people without access to private courts and enough friends to play on them.

Gated community that had a few attempted break-ins right around the time this came up. Nothing to correlate the two, of course, but "why give the criminals a reason to come here?"

If someone comes to play basketball, they will inevitably notice a house they want to rob, amirite?

I used to play on a court with a fence around it in NOVA sometimes, but we could only legally get in when a resident friend of ours was playing. Otherwise, we had to jump the fence.

Got the cops called on us a few times, they didn't really care though. We weren't causing any trouble besides the noise of dribbling basketballs

try going to a base with one of your buddies in the military, he should be able to get you and a couple others in. pacs river air base has some really good basketball courts

Yeah, I used to ball at a base all the time. That's really the best place to go. Used to be able to get in if you had a military dependent with you, but they got rid of that after a few fights. Now it's only active duty that's allowed to sign people in.

Archived