Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can the Skins do this (improve by 12 points/game) in 2010? (MET)

Tomel

Ah man seeing the post that listed all of the wins/losses last year reminded me of D-Hall getting dragged 4 yards by Del Homme for a game ending first down. That was a fun time to be geographically displaced at the bar and having to hear about that for the rest of the day. Quite a few walk home in shame Sundays from last year actually.

Keep in mind too, that even if our defense can just stay flat and be AS good as last year, their PPG should go down by default. Think of all the 3 & outs after a defensive stop last year.

Less time on the field from an improved offense should hopefully = less PPG given up.

No offense but I want our offense on the field more, not less. Long sustained drives with quick strike ability. Let the D rest as much as possible.

I think special teams will play a good part of this too. If Terrence Austin turns out to be a playmaker or someone else steps up with Rock and ARE gone I think improved field position could lead to a 2-3 point differential per game. I definitely expect our offense to improve by atleast 7 points a game. Better OL, QB, RB's, OL, Coaching, and Playcalling. Thats a 9-10 point improvement right there.

The OP is incorrect in his/her assumption that every team allows 18 and scores 21. The fact is that not of the teams do one or the other. So, I would bet that by bringing our scoring to 21ish we will be right in the playoff mix.

I still remember in 2005, if the offense had scored 24 every game, we would have been 15-1 with that team

that team was 12-4 if not for the refs screwing us in two games. Alstott DID NOT CROSS THE LINE and the tuck rule on jake plummer lost us the denver game. we legitimately lost to the raiders, chiefs, chargers, and the giants game in NY was one of the worst skins games ive ever seen. worse than the swinging gate game!

I think we will easily be the most improved team in the league this year.

Our QB and OL have been drastically improved.

If our Special Teams can get us some more punt return yards (no more ARE means that is inevitable) and our D can stay as consistent as it has been with just a few more turnovers I don't see why we won't easily be over .500 this year.

+12 points is not nearly as tough as it might seem. I am %100 confident that this offense will put up a touchdown and a field goal more than last year's did. That leaves only a fieldgoal less to concede on defense. This is not a tall order at all. This Offense was desimated by injury last year, so getting healthy alone will greatly increase our time of possesion, points, andpoints against. Add in D-Mac, a younger and healthier O-line, a healthy CP and Cooley, come on!!!!

We will smash our way into the playoffs this season, I guarantee....

HAIL

I think we will easily be the most improved team in the league this year.

Our QB and OL have been drastically improved.

If our Special Teams can get us some more punt return yards (no more ARE means that is inevitable) and our D can stay as consistent as it has been with just a few more turnovers I don't see why we won't easily be over .500 this year.

I agree. The big problems from last year have been fixed. The only question that I am waiting to see play out is the D. If this new 3-4 defence can adjust quickly we should be ready for a good year.

Ah man seeing the post that listed all of the wins/losses last year reminded me of D-Hall getting dragged 4 yards by Del Homme for a game ending first down. That was a fun time to be geographically displaced at the bar and having to hear about that for the rest of the day. Quite a few walk home in shame Sundays from last year actually.

Oh man D.Hall literally getting juked by the ancient and sucktastic Delhomme was easily one of the lowest points of the season for me. Final drive, enough time to get the ball back and make something happen, good field position if we could convert, just needed a field goal to tie and send it to OT, Delhomme rolls out, runs for the corner, D.Hall closing in!!... Delhomme stiff arm... first down Panthers... uuugghhh please let this season wipe those memories away!

Over the last decade, it seems like scoring more that 17 PPG is a rare occasion. I think with Shanahan & Co. this team will at least average 21 PPG, if not more. Continued development / Improvement on the O-Line will hopefully have a big payoff come Sundays this Fall. I also think the Wide Receivers will be solid this year. I'm expecting Kelley and Thomas to have a breakout year. Not saying they'll be Pro Bowlers or anything, but I look for them to be solid contributors this year. Couple that with Moss, Cooley, Davis, Johnson, Portis, and McNabb, and I think the offense has potential to be very dangerous this coming season.

The D has me a bit worried...the AH mess, and the transition from a 43 to a 34 may cost us some games. I think they'll be OK, but it's a big change, and I'm sure there will be some growing pains. Hopefully when all is said and done, the Skins will be the most improved team, and we can get into the Playoffs with a 10-6 record.

I think our new offense will be very competent and put some points on the board this year. All we needed was to average in the mid 20s the last few years and we would have been an elite team with a winning record, even a playoff team or better. I think our team will improve by leaps and bounds, and could easily average mid 20's a game, hopefully bust 30 points against a few opponents.

Over the last decade, it seems like scoring more that 17 PPG is a rare occasion. I think with Shanahan & Co. this team will at least average 21 PPG, if not more. Continued development / Improvement on the O-Line will hopefully have a big payoff come Sundays this Fall. I also think the Wide Receivers will be solid this year. I'm expecting Kelley and Thomas to have a breakout year. Not saying they'll be Pro Bowlers or anything, but I look for them to be solid contributors this year. Couple that with Moss, Cooley, Davis, Johnson, Portis, and McNabb, and I think the offense has potential to be very dangerous this coming season.

The D has me a bit worried...the AH mess, and the transition from a 43 to a 34 may cost us some games. I think they'll be OK, but it's a big change, and I'm sure there will be some growing pains. Hopefully when all is said and done, the Skins will be the most improved team, and we can get into the Playoffs with a 10-6 record.

Totally agree DH! I truly believe this is going to be a very dangerous team this year, a team that will even throttle the opponents who don't take them serious this season.

that team was 12-4 if not for the refs screwing us in two games. Alstott DID NOT CROSS THE LINE and the tuck rule on jake plummer lost us the denver game. we legitimately lost to the raiders, chiefs, chargers, and the giants game in NY was one of the worst skins games ive ever seen. worse than the swinging gate game!
We would have won the division for sure, had a 2 week break to rest and heal, and we would have had home field advantage up the the NFC Championship game. We could have beat Seattle if we were rested and healed, and we could have beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl the as good as our defense was playing. We were robbed that year and it still pisses me off.

The stats don't lie and evaluating stats is a part of the game.

The part of the stat line that doesn't play is the 'On Any Sunday' philosophy...

-On any Sunday, any team can beat any team. A good team can have a bad day and a bad team can have a great game. Some games you win will be blowouts and some will be close to shutouts. The point differentials and averages can't be the tell of the tape.

The bottom line is consistency and bringing the A game for 4 quarters. That starts with a motivated attitude and commitment. I think we have that much now.

HAIL!!!!

I'm with you on this, because I think our primary problem last season was the team's culture. There were many problems, but week in and week out we watched a group of individuals that called themselves a team. This year's team should be much more galvanized under Shanny.

Still, I look at our regular season schedule for 2010 compared to 2009, and I know to keep my expectations in check. I'm not going to panic if the Skins don't make the playoffs this coming season. The Redskins could be markedly improved and still go 4-12 again with this year's schedule. My main hope is that we just stop being the doormat of the NFC east.

Archived