Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any camp reports on Jarmon?

Skins3000

I wondered about this earlier in the summer. Good question. I was high on when we drafted him. He was predicted to go in the first round the following year if he didn'tgo in the supplimental draft. Fingers crossed this pans out.

My hope for him last year was that he would be Phillip Daniel's eventual replacement. Kid seemed to have a good motor and nice instincts. Mind you, I had visions of Orakpo on the other side replacing Carter with a monstrous Haynesworth in the middle... so, my predictions temporarily seem to be on the fritz.

My hope for him last year was that he would be Phillip Daniel's eventual replacement. Kid seemed to have a good motor and nice instincts. Mind you, I had visions of Orakpo on the other side replacing Carter with a monstrous Haynesworth in the middle... so, my predictions temporarily seem to be on the fritz.

Yeah, my hope is that they don't try converting Jarmon to LB like they did Orakpo. Though, in this scheme, I think no matter where they line up, they will be put in a position to succeed. Hopefully a little bit of hand in the dirt, and two point, as to confuse the Offenses and give different looks.

its also my quiet hope that once Haynesworth gets here, he sees that he will be the benefactor of, and also creating mismatches.

Yeah, my hope is that they don't try converting Jarmon to LB like they did Orakpo.

http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1247

Haynesworth is not the only player asked to alter his role due to the new defense that is being put in place. Including Carter, four defensive linemen have been asked to move to linebacker. Lorenzo Alexander, Jeremy Jarmon and Rob Jackson are the others.

I'm more interested in seeing Lorenzo adjust to the position personally. I still think DE makes more sense for him, but whatever. I guess Jarmon and Alexander will have similar rotational roles - just assuming...

whats annoying about this is that Jarmon actually has the frame to carry the weight to be a stud 4-3 end, at one point he was 280 AND NOT FAT. if anything they should have had him hit the gym and gain weight, gaining weight when its muscle is better than dropping weight ans losing strength. and we dont exactly have an embassment of riches at Dline atm.

whats annoying about this is that Jarmon actually has the frame to carry the weight to be a stud 4-3 end, at one point he was 280 AND NOT FAT. if anything they should have had him hit the gym and gain weight, gaining weight when its muscle is better than dropping weight ans losing strength. and we dont exactly have an embassment of riches at Dline atm.

We completely agree here.

No news here on Jarmon, but rest assured changes are happening. He is either gaining weight to play end in the 34, or he is slimming down to get ready for LB and to play some zone coverage. And learning a new position, so he is going to have a full plate as a young guy. I wish he would have gotten more snaps over Daniels last year, he seemed to make things happen in his very limited chances.

I think it'd be kind of dumb to rely too much on a 3-4 defense because we seem to have players more suited to 4-3.

Isn't Jarmon's strength pass rushing?

I imagine we'll see a lot of him on 3rd downs rushing from the opposite side of Orakpo.

True and the pass rushers in the 3-4 are OLBs so a move there would be catering to his strengths. Compared to the last two years, I have faith in this staff for getting the most out of the talent we have.

He was up to 285 at one point, but I read that he leaned out to gain quickness.

I have a hard time comprehending the 3-4. I'm just not used to it yet. I look at a guy like Jarmon and think he can't possibly play linebacker. But I guess if he has his hands in the dirt a lot anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Do you think Shanahan & Allen would've drafted a DE with the 3rd rounder Vinny gave up for this guy?

Man oh man.. The mess Cerrato put this team in is hard to comprehend. Then again, it wasn't his idea to switch to a 43 defense. It's going to be interesting, thats for sure, seeing how all this pans out.

This defense might be a little ugly at first.. I sure hope they can catch fire quick..

I'm very optimistic for the offense. Thinking about the D, though, makes me a bit nervous. In Haslett, I trust.. In Haslett, I trust. heh.

Regardless, Hail!

Archived