Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports/Adam Schein: Redskins will trade for V-Jax and will make playoffs

Skadden

I was talking to another 'skins fan at they gym the other day and we both agreed that Allen and Shanny have made some outstanding moves thus far. We also agreed that they should pull the trigger on this deal if the compensation isn't Cerrato like because adding Jackson would be the final peice to the contender puzzle.

It's all speculation. Look the SKINS would be stupid to give up a 2nd rounder for a guy who is going to be suspended for 3 games. They need to look at what the Ravens paid for Boldin, and what the Dolphins gave for Marshall, and then give much less for Jackson, cause he is not as good as either one of those guys.

"Brandon Marshall is THE best receiver in the league, Jackson isn't in the top 5. Of course that's my opinion, but honestly, who out of this list would you put below him:

1. Brandon Marshall

2. Andre Johnson

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. Steve Smith

5. Wes Welker"

I'd like to think that Welker is not a top 15 WR. Where is Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss on your list? They are two of the better WRs in the NFL - IMO.

Jackson is not a Boldin and we missed out on Anquan because of price I guess.

I'd use the Anquan Boldin trade as more of a guideline. I'd say we might do something like giving them the option to swap 1st rounders next year or possibly a future 3rd but I don't know if it would be worth giving up next years second.

So, after all the years of hair-pulling and teeth-gnashing because the FO kept making moves for "that one last piece", we finally have an organizational structure that rejects that, makes moves to add talent and depth for reasonable contracts, and is showing all the signs of building a genuine team for more than just this season.........and now the fans clamor to pick up a WR that will cost a lot, a guy with baggage, without seeing what we actually have because he will be "the final piece in fielding a contender"

(insert gratuitous facepalm image here)

It seems that the Vinnie mindset has metastasized.

When I was reading the thread title I thought it sad adam schefter

Me too, which is why I clicked on the thread in the first place because Schefter is a football oracle. Their names are too close. Being as that Adam Schein is a complete ****ing moron who knows nothing of the sport, he should be forced to change his name to "Douchebag Schein" to avoid future confusion.

"Brandon Marshall is THE best receiver in the league, Jackson isn't in the top 5. Of course that's my opinion, but honestly, who out of this list would you put below him:

1. Brandon Marshall

2. Andre Johnson

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. Steve Smith

5. Wes Welker"

I'd like to think that Welker is not a top 15 WR. Where is Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss on your list? They are two of the better WRs in the NFL - IMO.

I agree, I would also have a hard time keeping Steve Smith still on this list...maybe two years ago, yes, but no way he or Welker edge out Megatron. Unless you meant the NYG version? Which in that case I think he needs a few more seasons like last before he belongs in that conversation. What about Reggie Wayne? Colston?

Anyways, back on topic, I would agree with some on here, I just don't think V Jax is as good as he is cracked out to be. Upgrade? Possibly & probably so, but with unnecessary baggage and at a position we haven't seen take the field yet to see what we currently have. Here's to hoping MK & DT prove the naysayers wrong and show they were merely unsuccessful due to the lack of a competent system & QB.

Hail.

Anyways, back on topic, I would agree with some on here, I just don't think V Jax is as good as he is cracked out to be. Upgrade? Possibly & probably so,

actually, i just checked footballoutsiders. they had VJ ranked #2 last year and #4 the year before (i had mentioned profootballfocus had him #1 on 09 and #4 in 08). 2 different sources had him ranked nearly identically.

i would say 'definitely' in the upgrade department.

actually, i just checked footballoutsiders. they had VJ ranked #2 last year and #4 the year before (i had mentioned profootballfocus had him #1 on 09 and #4 in 08). 2 different sources had him ranked nearly identically.

thinking about our division, probably WR is one of the biggest differences between us and our rivals. Cowboys have Austin, and Bryant could end up being a young stud. The Eagles have two young stud receivers. The Giants have Steve Smith, and some say including Mark Moseley from ESPN, that Nicks is going to be a superstar. Heck didn't even Manninghm have bigger numbers than Thomas? coud be wrong on that.

Maybe this is Thomas and Kelly's big breakout years, but as far as I noticed no one is calling either a star in the making, including the Redskins players. I recall when Shawn Springs was still here he pointed out that Fred Davis is hard to stop, its striking to me that no one that I have noticed at least has talked about Thomas and Kelly the same way

HailGreen28, Kelly and Thomas didn't come close to being the threat (look at the per catch average) that Jackson is in the open field.

Plus he doesn't have potentially degenerative knee issues as #12 does.

Yeah, you could look at a LOT of teams where the COMBINED numbers of 2 or 3 players equal those of a pro bowler.

But that's the point. He is that much better than any ONE player the Redskins have.

And from what we have seen so far, how certain is anyone that either of Cerrato's draft picks at WR is going to elevate his game?

It's two plus years and we are still waiting for EITHER player to lock down a regular job on a team where there has been little depth at WR behind them.

It's not like Washington already had 3 or 4 outstanding WRs and these guys had to bide their time.

This offense in 2009 was crying out for ANY contributors to step forward.

How did Kelly do as the #2 last year?

Uggh no thanks. We need to keep our first day picks. Why would we trade a 2nd for a guy who's not a top 3 receiver in the NFL and he's suspended for three games next season? He's not a player that's going to put this team over the hump into SB contention.

If he can be had for just one 2nd Rd pick then I think its a no brainer deal. Gotta do it. The chances of our 2nd Rd pick next year turning out to be a top 10 Wr are pretty slim. I see alot of people saying that he isn't that talented but this guy put up 13 catches, 160 yards, and 2 TD's in 2 games against Nmandi. His size and strength are what makes him so good and he would be the perfect compliment to Moss. I'd love to have him.

Well, I think the ship on a rebuilding process sailed when the Rams asked too much of the future for Sam Bradford and the Redskins decided to trade for Donovan McNabb.

At 33, McNabb doesn't have another 2-3 years to wait for a wide receiver corps to show up from the draft.

It's just the reality of the situation.

Well, I think the ship on a rebuilding process sailed when the Rams asked too much of the future for Sam Bradford and the Redskins decided to trade for Donovan McNabb.

At 33, McNabb doesn't have another 2-3 years to wait for a wide receiver corps to show up from the draft.

^This. Agreed.

Bulldog is right on the money Shanny and Allen are in a win NOW state of mind. People we are not rebuilding Shanny is reloading. Why else the new version of the over the hill gang they added this year. I kinda think its ironic that most here (me included) said "I'm holding off judgment until the new FO gets 2 or 3 drafts under their belts" hahahahaha at this rate we won't see a full draft for a long time and I don't know about you guys but I'm ok with that...trading away picks and adding FA/Trades with Vinny was worse than what Allen and Shanny are doing now IMHO. Also if we do want to save the picks and add another WR...remember T.O is still out there and he would be a bargin compared to Jackson's price tag...might be worth it if the young WRS are still having trouble adjusting.

No question he is a big upgrade. If available.

This is a guy with two DUIs, about to get a 3 game suspension and one more strike away from a 1 year suspension.

He is not much of an upgrade watching us play at home on TV.

Yes, but Mike isn't going to sell the future if his son is to *fingers crossed to the point of fractures* inherit the team. It's not like McNabb is the last quarterback that we'll have, and I very much trust Shanahan or his son to pick a great one.

I think that it's "win now" to set the tone for the coaching staff, but "win now" could just mean 9-7 and maybe another wild card flame-out. This is not a Super Bowl year.

And yes, please hit ctrl+D and rub this in my face if we win it all. :)

FINALLY SOMEONE IS USING THEIR BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who are these WRs going to develop for? Colt Brennan?

Archived