Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports/Adam Schein: Redskins will trade for V-Jax and will make playoffs

Skadden

I checked to see if this was already posted and didn't see it. Anyhoo, Schein thinks that the Redskins will trade a second rounder for Vincent Jackson and, if and when they do, will make the playoffs, despite his three game suspension. He doesn't pony up any authority or basis for his little postulation that the Redskins will in fact trade for him, but it's an interesting scenario he puts out there.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=35a6dfb7-6483-4602-ab1a-2aba7d0ae481&from=foxsports/nfl/stories

I checked to see if this was already posted and didn't see it. Anyhoo, Schein thinks that the Redskins will trade a second rounder for Vincent Jackson and, if and when they do, will make the playoffs, despite his three game suspension. He doesn't pony up any authority or basis for his little postulation that the Redskins will in fact trade for him, but it's an interesting scenario he puts out there.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=35a6dfb7-6483-4602-ab1a-2aba7d0ae481&from=foxsports/nfl/stories

Wonderful, lets make it happen!

Total guesswork. Based on nothing more than his "thinking".

The only difference between this Schein guy and those bozos on the sports-betting cable shows is an "800" number below the screen.

I'm surprised he didn't categorize this trade as his "#1 - BET THE RANCH - LOCK OF THE WEEK!"

If B. Marshall went for two 2nd-rounders, I figure the Chargers would likely want something similar. I still don't see us making this trade, but if I'm wrong, what about a two and the 4 we got for Jason Campbell?

With our 3 and 4 already gone for next draft, I just can't see us giving away more high picks next year. But I could be wrong.

Plus, we've already got a contract situation with McNabb and another for J. Brown to work out. I doubt we'd want to give $10 million a year to V. Jackson with more important contract issues already on the team...

If B. Marshall went for two 1st-rounders, I figure the Chargers would likely want something similar. I still don't see us making this trade, but if I'm wrong, what about a two and the 4 we got for Jason Campbell?

With our 3 and 4 already gone for next draft, I just can't see us giving away more high picks next year. But I could be wrong.

Plus, we've already got a contract situation with McNabb and another for J. Brown to work out. I doubt we'd want to give $10 million a year to V. Jackson with more important contract issues already on the team...

B marschall went for two 2nd rounders

Interesting fact: looks like V-Jax and Reed Doughty attended Northern Colorado (the colleges both were from) at about the same time. Jackson was drafted in 2005, one year ahead of Doughty. Wonder what Reed has to say about him?

If B. Marshall went for two 1st-rounders, I figure the Chargers would likely want something similar. I still don't see us making this trade, but if I'm wrong, what about a two and the 4 we got for Jason Campbell?

No, Marshall was traded for 2 2nd rounders, but I agree that the Chargers will want something similar, but they're not likely to get offers in that range. Jackson hasn't produced NEARLY as much as consistently as Marshall.

Here are the career numbers:

Jackson - 6 seasons - 198 catches, 3,400 yds, 25 TDs

Marshall - 5 seasons - 327 catches, 4,019 yds, 25 TDs

Marshall has had over 100 receptions for 3 straight seasons with different QBs, Jackson's never even sniffed that number, coming off his career best 68 receptions. Marshall's had 3 seasons over 1,000 yards, Jackson's done it twice.

Brandon Marshall is THE best receiver in the league, Jackson isn't in the top 5. Of course that's my opinion, but honestly, who out of this list would you put below him:

1. Brandon Marshall

2. Andre Johnson

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. Steve Smith

5. Wes Welker

You could argue for the guy after that, but even then there are 6 guys that blow him out of the water statistically last season, some of them on the same team (Hines Ward/Santonio Holmes, and Fitzgerald/Anquan Boldin though Boldin had less yrds than Jackson), so the Chargers aren't getting 2 #2s, and if it's our FO, they'd be lucky to end up with one 2nd rounder (it's nice to say that and mean it).

Oh, and, Redskin301, I thought it said Schefter too. I've got no respect for Schein and wouldn't let him clean my **** of a floor with his tongue. He's not good enough for that.

EDIT: Oh well tibbidoe, you fixed it, but I spent too long on my post to erase now.........oh the conundrum!

Well if we do give up a 2nd for him our 2011 draft would be.....

We'd still have our 1st, so it would look like this:

1 - whoever we pick

2 - Jackson

3 - McNabb

4 - Brown

I still don't see us giving up a 2nd for him, not after Shanahan and Allen pulled off their magic so far, maybe they give up a 2nd but I don't see it, unless they Chargers give us a 4th or something in return. I think our new FO is too savvy for that.

Really, I just hope we can sign McNabb and Brown to long term deals before they're FAs.

Vincent Jackson has fallen out of favor with AJ Smith. It started with his DUI. The Chargers have depth at WR and AJ would sell him for a ham sandwich right now. He'll take less than a second rounder and should, there is no way this guy is a top five receiver as was posted earlier. Jackson has great size and speed but his hands aren't much better than TO.

Let's stop talking about Marshall. He is younger and has been far more productive in the NFL. He also isn't facing an immediate suspension as Jackson is.

The Chargers aren't getting multiple #2 picks from anyone for VJ.

The future risk of a year long ban for another DUI is enough to chase off some potential suitors.

The money will be another.

Washington needs a playmaking wide receiver.

It would be smart to flesh things out with SD and see is a deal can be made.

But if not Jackson Washington needs to find a WR before the preseason.

Let's not. Let's for once try to develop our own instead of believing that the grass is always greener and giving away the present and the future.

This is what I REALLY want. I'd rather, unless Shanahan feels the WRs are THAT bad, give them a year in a REAL offense with McNabb to see if they can do anything.

We haven't really heard anything negative out of Redskins Park, but I doubt we ever would, kind of like Kyle saying our OL was one of the best he'd worked with, then we trade for Brown.

Who knows what might happen, but regardless, our offense is going to be much better this offseason.

I agree with the poster who said we should offer a 2012 2nd round pick and leave it at that. This guy is amazingly talented but also an idiot and if he messes up one more time thats an 8 game suspension at the minimum. Thats too big of a risk.

Archived