Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The LeBron James NBA FA Publicity Tour...

Fergasun

Does anyone want to entertain the thought that LeBron James' free agency tour is a total sham and publicity stunt to keep the NBA in the news and relevant this summer? I think so... I see this as a great way to play all the sports talk, ESPN, etc into talking about LeBron and the NBA. I think he's going to stay in Cleveland, and he's not really thought about going elsewhere. He's also enjoying all the visits and attention that he is getting.

I think he stays in Cleveland, I bet the whole saga is wrapped up about 1 week into the FA period, and it gives the NBA a great shot in the arm of publicity.

This whole teams visiting LeBron thing is a total joke. Just another way for James to boost his already ginormous ego. You think some silly power point slides are going to convince him where he spends the rest of his career? I saw the power point the Knicks prepared for him. A second grader could have made that crap.

He's been waiting for this day for three years. He knows where he is going. This is all just drama.

I agree with Wade and Bosh as well. It's a nice bunch of publicity for the NBA. ESPN is eating it up. There's no conflict of interest there, is there? Were I Lebron, and this is crazy, I would sign a 1-year agreement with the highest bidder and do it again...

brian windhorst: As several people have mentioned, the gladiator music in video also strategy. One of lebron's fav films. Young son is bryce maximus. People can call it corny or whatever but there is no doubt cavs pitch well thought out & executed with "home" theme.

LMAO!

Sam Amico: Final info of night: Four NBA team execs I spoke to today all predicted hiring of Byron Scott will prompt LeBron to give Cavs 3 more years.

Hmmm? When do you guys think LeBron and the rest will decide? Monday?

This is such a joke but really it represents what the NBA is all about: star obsession. I see Lebron staying in Cleveland at this point. Wade + Bosh could go either Chicago or Miami, 50/50. As usual New York will be the big losers of the circus, over two years of gutting their team and they'll end up overpaying for the likes of Amare and Joe Johnson. Such a shame... :laugh:

This is such a joke but really it represents what the NBA is all about: star obsession. I see Lebron staying in Cleveland at this point. Wade + Bosh could go either Chicago or Miami, 50/50. As usual New York will be the big losers of the circus, over two years of gutting their team and they'll end up overpaying for the likes of Amare and Joe Johnson. Such a shame... :laugh:

Better than the Nets. I see them getting no one actually? lol...

I dont think so. I also dont think he knew where he was going either. Maybe now he does, but It didnt seem like a sham to me.

Yeah, maybe he played the whole "tour" thing a little hard, but it seemed genuine.

Nothing is genuine with Lebron. It's all publicity and hype. That's what he lives for. It's not really his fault. He's a man-child. This is all he knows. Minus the whole freak stuff, Lebron is kind of like the Michael Jackson of sports. He's never truly lived in a real world. (And that's as close to defending Lebron as you'll ever see me do.)

I dream of five years from now, when everyone on this board--and around the world--say to themselves, "Damn, Wiz fans were right all along. Dude is such a phoney." It's already started. And we called this BS YEEEEARS ago.

I'm bumping this because LeDramaKing has vindicated me.

As much as Bosh/Wade may have flirted with becoming the publicity hounds, Lebron's move of having a 1 hour ESPN special to announce where he is going absolutely takes the cake.

And book it, he is going to stay in Cleveland. All these late breaking rumors are just rumors... and even if he is entertaining leaving Cleveland I guarantee you that David Stern may have something to say about Lebron leaving...

I'm bumping this because LeDramaKing has vindicated me.

As much as Bosh/Wade may have flirted with becoming the publicity hounds, Lebron's move of having a 1 hour ESPN special to announce where he is going absolutely takes the cake.

And book it, he is going to stay in Cleveland. All these late breaking rumors are just rumors... and even if he is entertaining leaving Cleveland I guarantee you that David Stern may have something to say about Lebron leaving...

Doesn't it feel good to be vindicated?

Archived