Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Parking Map released with a few minor changes

Mark The Homer

New parking map released today with a few minor changes:

stadiumparkingmap.jpg

Here is last year's map.

The burgundy permit map is no longer called that. Now it's called the Bus / RV permit lot.

The Copper lot is now also a cash lot. It had been a cash lot in 2009 (shared with the copper lot permit holders), presumed to be temporary since it wasn't labeled a cash lot, but now it's apparently a full time deal since it's marked that way now. $40 cash (Season ticket holders can buy ten passes for $350).

The Red lots, which weren't controlled by the team last year, are now uncolored. But they'll still be cash lots controlled by the Jericho church, as they were last year. They were $35 cash last year.

The C lot, which is the lot NW of the stadium, is now completely orange. Last year, the purple along the sidewalk in the D lot extended into the C lot. Now the purple no longer extends into the C lot leaving the C lot completely orange throughout, including along the sidewalk, although there is a chain link fence blocking access from the lot to the sidewalk for most of that area.

This map is "still a little fluid" I am told.

HTTR

Good to know. I went to my first Redskins game last year(vs. Denver) and I have a friend moving down to Virginia. I told him he has to be a Redskins fan now.:ols:

If I go to school down there, I'm going to try to go to a game with my friend. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

The C lot, which is the lot NW of the stadium, is now completely orange. Last year, it was purple along the curb and the rest was orange. Now the orange extends all the way to the sidewalk, although there is a chain link fence blocking access from the lot to the sidewalk for most of that area.

Sweet! I parked over there last year a few games and loved how close that lot was to the stadium..now I can get on the curb, that is farking awesome! :pfft: The purple lots there was like 3 or 4 rows so they didnt remove much from those pass holders. Got a guy I know trading me his orange for my green when we get our tickets. Anywhere in either of those orange lots is very close to the stadium though.

Any word on the $10 lot at the library of Congress lot??

If the church has any guts, they would drop their price to $30 and could probably fill every inch of asphalt they own. I'm hoping $40 for the copper lot does not indicate the church going to $40 as well.

Very excited for the Jericho lots! I'm bringing my fiancee to her first Redskins game, and it's against Dallas. Usually I just walk around the stadium or get comfortable in my seats, but since she'll be there, I'll need things to do. Suggestions?

I've heard of the ES tailgate. Do the new parking changes affect that?

Does anyone know how early you can start tailgating at either the Jericho cash parking or the copper cash lot?
As soon as they open. Copper lot opens normal time. Jericho lot might open an hour earlier. Not sure.
Sweet! I parked over there last year a few games and loved how close that lot was to the stadium..now I can get on the curb, that is farking awesome! :pfft: The purple lots there was like 3 or 4 rows so they didnt remove much from those pass holders. Got a guy I know trading me his orange for my green when we get our tickets. Anywhere in either of those orange lots is very close to the stadium though.
I just hope they keep it the way it shows.
Any word on the $10 lot at the library of Congress lot??

If the church has any guts, they would drop their price to $30 and could probably fill every inch of asphalt they own. I'm hoping $40 for the copper lot does not indicate the church going to $40 as well.

I haven't heard anything, which makes sense since, you know, it's barely July. :silly:

This kinda stuff is tracked in the cash lot thread. Tag search: cash lot

Suggestions...

Either the AAA Zone or the ES tailgate. The ES tailgate is not affected by the minor changes in this map.

Mark thanks for posting this. I don't mind the walk from the Copper Lot and the exit from the stadium is fantastic. I know you could pay cash there at times last year but it didn't start the season that way. Glad the Skins have their parking **** together so early this year.

Very excited for the Jericho lots! I'm bringing my fiancee to her first Redskins game, and it's against Dallas. Usually I just walk around the stadium or get comfortable in my seats, but since she'll be there, I'll need things to do. Suggestions?

Nope....the new parking changes do not affect the ES tailgate.

As far as the tailgate goes, it's a blast and you, and the fiance', are certainly welcome to join the fun. There will be an "Unofficial ES/RR Tailgate" thread on the Tailgate board, a week or so prior to the game.

In that thread, you'll have all of the particulars, (i.e. where, when, what to bring, etc.).

Hope to see you there!

Either the AAA Zone or the ES tailgate. The ES tailgate is not affected by the minor changes in this map.

Thanks, Mark! What's the AAA zone?

Nope....the new parking changes do not affect the ES tailgate.

As far as the tailgate goes, it's a blast and you, and the fiance', are certainly welcome to join the fun. There will be an "Unofficial ES/RR Tailgate" thread on the Tailgate board, a week or so prior to the game.

In that thread, you'll have all of the particulars, (i.e. where, when, what to bring, etc.).

Hope to see you there!

Yeah, I'm really excited about this.

Skins/Prince Georges County should put up a "free clean fill wanted" sign to fill that ravine on the west side of the stadium and they could eventually add new parking on that west side. Lot of wasted scrubland over there.

I'm excited about exiting out Morgan Blvd this year. Heard from many fans that traffic is so less congested over there than on Redskins Road to Landover Road.

The Red lots, which weren't controlled by the team last year, are now uncolored. But they'll still be cash lots controlled by the Jericho church, as they were last year. They were $35 cash last year.

I'm sure we'll all still refer to those Jericho lots as Red ... :ols:

It's hard to believe that training camp starts this month which means the preseason games are next month. I'll be getting the tents back from my family this weekend ... need to work on getting the grill ready.

Thankfully, H-3 has not changed so the H-31 "Not Officially Tailgating" Tailgate should be in good shape this year. Perhaps I need to create a Facebook page for us. LMAO

cheers and HAIL !! :point2sky

How about one price fits all. Other stadiums do it! I mean I know our Danny loves $$$ but this parking situation is CRAZY. It should be 1st COME 1st Tailgate! Sure... charge your 35-40 bucks to park but let your fans decide where and when they want to park! Danny still makes $$$$ ;)

How about one price fits all. Other stadiums do it! I mean I know our Danny loves $$$ but this parking situation is CRAZY. It should be 1st COME 1st Tailgate! Sure... charge your 35-40 bucks to park but let your fans decide where and when they want to park! Danny still makes $$$$ ;)

That is essentially how it is within your designated lot; provided you get there early enough.

It's what they call the Tailgate Club nowadays.

Any other questions? Click on my sig. :)

Which part of your sig do I have to click on? Should I click on the actual stadium for FedEx Field info? The parking lamp/car for parking info? The jerseys for jersey info? :pfft:

Yup. I don't think I've ever arrived less than 5 hrs before kick

Yeah Man!!

We are usually one of the first few cars on Redskins Road before every game.

The ones who typically beat us are Pez, MTH, (though we've beaten him there the last few games:D), and Skinsfan44.

Yeah Man!!

We are usually one of the first few cars on Redskins Road before every game.

The ones who typically beat us are Pez, MTH, (though we've beaten him there the last few games:D), and Skinsfan44.

I'm on Arena Drive a few cars deep.

Archived