Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Andre Carter to Haynesworth: "Leave the BS at the door"

VetMinimum+Incentives

Andre Carter to Haynesworth: "Leave the BS at the door"

It occurs to me that I'm falling well off the pace in my goal to reach 1,000 Haynesworth posts by Sept. 12. Got to step things up. Andre Carter, any thoughts?

"I haven't experienced a player prioritizing his position on the field over working with the game.
It's disappointing because Albert could fit in this scheme. All we can say is we wish him the best and we will see what happens in a month. He made his statement that he didn't want to play in this scheme and we are not going to force him to play. He's a grown man.
We have moved forward."

Carter recently spoke with TheHogs.net about these issues, saying Haynesworth would have to "leave the BS at the door" to be welcomed back in Ashburn, and that "negativity around positive and optimistic people won't work." And so how should the fans greet Haynesworth if he in fact shows up for training camp?

"I can't really say how they should react. All I know is
I have met random fans and they are PO'd about Big Al so I wouldn't be shocked if they took those emotions to our open practices."

Yeah, come to think of it, he's probably right. I guess I know what I'll be writing on July 29. There are also interview outtakes, in which Carter was asked about his own issues in switching positions in a new defensive scheme. He described the situation as "a small mosquito bite. It's harmless."

Well, thank heavens not everyone shares your opinion, Andre. I couldn't write 1,000 blog posts about mosquito bites.

Click link below for entire article

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/

Carter sounds like he's had it with Big Al. He doesn't seem to respect him as a player, a professional or even, perhaps, as a person.

He basically gives his blessing for us to boo the fat bum into submission.

Man I think I'm gonna print me out one of those training camp passes for the first day so I can be there to give him a nice warm welcome home. Heh heh heh...

It's ironic that AC left San Fransisco because he didn't fit the 3-4 scheme there that he is now calling out Haynesworth on. Fortunately, Andre Carter is a much better person and Redskin than AH will ever be.

Not all 3-4 defenses are created equally. In San Francisco, they ran something similar to Baltimore's scheme. The Redskins will be utilizing a 3-4 more along the lines of what you see in Pittsburgh. The biggest difference between the two, at least in terms of Carter's role, was he was required to drop back and cover slot receivers and tight ends far more frequently in San Fran. The 'Skins still plan on using him to rush the passer and seem intent to play to his strengths, rather than asking a 10-year veteran to switch his entire game.

I know all of this because Carter told me earlier this offseason. He knows all of this because, unlike Haynesworth, he was a big enough man to touch base with the new regime and ask questions about his role in the new defense when he had reservations.

Crazy, huh?

Not all 3-4 defenses are created equally. In San Francisco, they ran something similar to Baltimore's scheme. The Redskins will be utilizing a 3-4 more along the lines of what you see in Pittsburgh. The biggest difference between the two, at least in terms of Carter's role, was he was required to drop back and cover slot receivers and tight ends far more frequently in San Fran. The 'Skins still plan on using him to rush the passer and seem intent to play to his strengths, rather than asking a 10-year veteran to switch his entire game.

I know all of this because Carter told me earlier this offseason. He knows all of this because, unlike Haynesworth, he was a big enough man to touch base with the new regime and ask questions about his role in the new defense when he had reservations.

Crazy, huh?

Crazy, huh?

What a ridiculous notion. Things work out much better when you just assume that things aren't going to work for you, and quit before you get a chance to learn the full story.

Crazy, huh?

yeah, but Danny promised him the 4-3 didn't he? He promised...... :rolleyes:

It's ironic that AC left San Fransisco because he didn't fit the 3-4 scheme there that he is now calling out Haynesworth on. Fortunately, Andre Carter is a much better person and Redskin than AH will ever be.

Also, Carter played in that defense for a year and it became apparent to everyone that he didn't really fit. Thus he left as a free agent.

He tried his best to play in the new scheme, which is more than what we can say about AH so far.

With the amoubt of open practices available I should be able to attend this year and believe me I am going to let AH know how I feel. Let's make him as uncomfortable as possible.

It could result in three things.

1.He won't be able to handle the criticism therefore he gives back the bonus and quits.

2.It pisses him off so much that he just takes it out on opponents on Sundays.

3.He beats the living piss out of me and I wind up with his bonus money.

With the amoubt of open practices available I should be able to attend this year and believe me I am going to let AH know how I feel. Let's make him as uncomfortable as possible.

It could result in three things.

1.He won't be able to handle the criticism therefore he gives back the bonus and quits.

2.It pisses him off so much that he just takes it out on opponents on Sundays.

3.He beats the living piss out of me and I wind up with his bonus money.

If you go with option 3 you may be waiting a long time. There's a line for that money.

Fortunately, Andre Carter is a much better person and Redskin than AH will ever be.

Not to mention that last year he was a better football player. Haynesworth still has Carter beat in all the important areas in life though... salary, TV screen size, % body fat, lawsuits pending against, knocked up strippers, etc.

Not to mention that last year he was a better football player. Haynesworth still has Carter beat in all the important areas in life though... salary, TV screen size, % body fat, lawsuits pending against, knocked up strippers, etc.

He may lead the league in KUS's. I'll grant you that. But where does Haynesworth fall among the league leaders in KUS's? Probably not even in the top 10.

But he probably is in the top 10 in LPA, though.

Andre Carter did everything he was asked to do in SF, and I believe he did it to the best of his ability. And he's been doing the same since he got here. Maybe we overpaid for him, but he never took a bonus check and then whined about it.

Crazy, huh?

Thank you for the explanation of the differences in the 3-4's around the league. It makes the AH situation even more selfish and proves how upstanding of a man Andre Carter is, and how a football player SHOULD react to change. The difference in commitment to the Redskins and the season between 99 percent of the people on the team and AH is astounding.

Andre Carter is awesome and I hope he is as successful this year as he was last year.

I'm not a doctor, but Albert seems bi-polar to me... I think when he gets out on the field and starts interacting with the guys, all this animosity will quickly fade and it will go back to just men playing football.

Albert will not show up out-of-shape... if this dude has been pounding KFC the entire offseason, the LAST thing he is going to do is show-up at training camp knowing that he's under the microscope.

Fat Al tried to force a trade and it didn't work. Now, it's time to suck it up and just play ball.

I don't even know what to say about this dude anymore. I can't imagine playing the game and going through all that work, all those practices and getting this **** beaten out of you for the better part of my life all to make it to the top and be the best, then get there no less.. just to take 21 million dollars and ruin his hopes of ever being welcome in this league any longer. I figured doing something for that long you know you probably have a "love" for it... how can you buy that out with 21 million dollars? dude, there's a whole ton of people in this world that **** 21 million dollars after lunch. whatever, just go away Albert. Or don't. Who cares anymore.

Not all 3-4 defenses are created equally.

Crazy, huh?

Thanks for the insight Murf and this is actually what I imagined when reading AC's comments.

It's funny some other poster wondered whether Al would hear it from the fans on his first tap-out for air, and I said I think he hears it when he rolls out of his hummer at TC. I don't know if he understands the passion of the Redskins fan base. He surely would have to hold a news conference and eat some crow before this will all simmer down, unless of course he no-shows-again.

This transition is going to be so much harder for the linebackers than the linemen so it's nice to see Carter having a good attitude about it. Of course, he doesn't have Albert's financial leverage to complain openly. But he's a truly class guy and wouldn't complain even if he did.

Archived