3. A season without a disaster on special teams

4. Have a season without a Quarterback controversy

5. Have confidence in their head coach

6. Overachieve in any phase of the game

7. Play well in all three phases of the game

8. Have a legitimate endzone dancer

9. Block well on special teams

10. Win a big game

1. I don't know about "won't" but we sure haven't!

2. I'm not sure that I regret this, especially given the value we've gotten there in the last several years.

3. Our special teams play two years ago was actually pretty good.

4. There was no QB controversy in 2001 or in 1999 or 1997. Every odd year, hmmmmm . . .

5. True, for the last decade, that is until Spurrier proves himself.

6. I guess I have to agree; I cant' think of the last time we did this after Gibbs left.

7. Certainly not consistently, eh?

8. Who cares?

9. Again, two years ago we had some success.

10. Depends on what you mean. But we certainly dont' show up to play consistently when we "must win".

Originally posted by Golgo-13

What about the Fred Smoot "take off your pants" dance?

I don't remember that! :laugh:

As for this post. Simply negative.

Seems to me we don't have a QB controversy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Spurrier going with Ramsey?

*shrugs*

BTW....I've decided not to play fantasy football this year, so I can actually focus on my Redskins and enjoy every moment, whether we win OR lose! :cheers:

Originally posted by GoSkins

BTW....I've decided not to play fantasy football this year, so I can actually focus on my Redskins and enjoy every moment, whether we win OR lose! :cheers:

Interesting. The Redskins were the reason I started playing fantasy football in the first place, it distracted me from the pain and suffering.

this guy's a ravens fan.........how can you say this about your own team.......most of us in here are so blinded by our own faith we can't realize we suck...but we don't care, we'll get better eventually....

TO ALL:chill with all the smashin' of our team cuz your just saying a bunch of stuff we don't want to hear.....

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :finger:

one thing you won't see the Redskins do in 2003:

see the coaches or front office smack down on some of the big ego players if their performances are lacking.

some guys on the team carry themselves as if they are untouchable and to this point they have proven to be so.

in that regard it is VERY difficult for a head coach to motivate or indeed have much influence over the team.

when Jansen or Samuels has a bad game someone needs to get in his ear.

ditto with Arrington and Smoot.

when Gardner drops a ball right in front of him they should sit him for a series and tell him he isn't going to be allowed to keep pissing opportunities away even though he was a #1 pick.

until this starts happening you wont' see guys executing cleanly and players going at 110%.

when you have nobody riding you and know you are secure, there is less motivation to test your own limits.

Originally posted by bulldog

when Jansen or Samuels has a bad game someone needs to get in his ear.

ditto with Arrington and Smoot.

Well, Arrington needs to be THE leader on this team, and I mean leading by example. Spurrier isn't an a$$ chewer (unless you're a QB) so Lavar needs to lay down the law. He seems to respect the veterans and the game. With a few quick bone crushing hits early Sept. 4, he can set the tone for our season. This Saturday night would be nice.

Archived