Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Mike Shanahan and the Washington Redskins to open Redskins Training Camp presented by Re/Max on July 29

Mark The Homer

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

June 29, 2010

MIKE SHANAHAN AND THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS TO OPEN REDSKINS TRAINING CAMP PRESENTED BY RE/MAX ON JULY 29

15 PRACTICES OPEN TO PUBLIC,

INCLUDING FAN APPRECIATION DAY ON AUGUST 7 AT NOON

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA – Head Coach Mike Shanahan will kick off his inaugural training camp with the Washington Redskins on Thursday, July 29, at Redskins Park in the heart of Loudoun County, the team announced today. Fifteen practices will be open to the public, highlighted by Fan Appreciation Day on Saturday, August 7, at noon.

Before coming to training camp, Redskins fans should fill out their Training Camp Fan Invitation, which will be available on www.redskins.com beginning on July 6. Fans should print out the invitation and bring it with them when they visit Redskins Park.

FAN SCHEDULE FOR 2010 REDSKINS TRAINING CAMP PRESENTED BY RE/MAX

The practices listed below are open to the public free of charge. Parking lots will open approximately 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of practice and gates will open one hour prior to the start of each practice.

*** DATES AND TIMES ON THIS SCHEDULE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND

PRACTICE CAN BE CANCELED WITHOUT NOTICE***

Thursday July 29 4:00 p.m. Practice

Friday July 30 8:30 a.m. Practice

Saturday July 31 8:30 a.m. Practice

Sunday August 1 8:30 a.m. Practice

Monday August 2 8:30 a.m. Practice

Tuesday August 3 8:30 a.m. Practice

Wednesday August 4 8:30 a.m. Practice

Thursday August 5 8:30 a.m. Practice

Saturday August 7 Fan Appreciation Day at Noon

Tuesday August 10 8:30 a.m. Practice

Wednesday August 11 8:30 a.m. Practice

Sunday August 15 Practice (TBD)

Monday August 16 8:30 a.m. Practice

Wednesday August 18 8:30 a.m. Practice

Thursday August 19 Practice (TBD) – Camp Breaks

-REDSKINS-

I'm not local so I don't know, but isn't this more open that it had been in the past?

Yep, there are definitely more open practices in this list! I like how they keep them all first thing in the morning, though, because it can be so hot standing out there in the afternoon sun.

I won't make them all, but I can get to a bunch this year. Woo hoo!! I wish it were July already. I'm so excited for this season. :applause:

I have never been to one...any one want to give me the run down? are they good places to get autographs and talk to 1st stringers? are they all in ashburn?

Okay...I put this in the other thread but it looks like everyone is in this thread instead. So anyone able to give me some gouge?

Yep, there are definitely more open practices in this list! I like how they keep them all first thing in the morning, though, because it can be so hot standing out there in the afternoon sun.

I won't make them all, but I can get to a bunch this year. Woo hoo!! I wish it were July already. I'm so excited for this season. :applause:

There are in the morning for the fans but shanny doesn't want the fans to see how their asses will be worked in the day time under the heat!:laugh:

no two-a-days? or is this the schedule for open practice only?

No, they have 2 a days..just one each day is open to the public

I will probably goto the first days practice..head out early to grab lunch somewhere, then head to the park for an hour at least..then i have to bowl league at 7 lol

I'm gonna try to come to one of these (first time)! Are there a number of allotted spots that get filled up or is it just whoever wants to come can come and to get there early for the best views and stuff?

I am at many practices each year, so let's see if I can give you first-timers a hint or two. Since they are advertised at 8:30, the "gates" will open at 7ish. Many of us will be there before that, standing in line on the road into TC. You will park on a big field, so remember that if it rains. It gets muddy. There's a place to shop outside the park, but don't waste time shopping. It will be open later on, too!

I like to stand at the fence, so I go directly to about the 50 yard line when I get in (there is a crane there for videotaping), and I can almost always get a front row spot. I have no desire to get those VIP passes because I'm old and need to hold on to something when I have to stand for 4 hours! I can usually see okay most of the time. The VIPs are in front of the fence, so if taking pictures is your goal, it would be good to be VIP.

If getting autographs is your goal, don't come over near me. You will want to be in the corner to the left as you walk in. That's where the players come and go, so that's where much of the signing happens. I think you have to make a choice; do you want a prime view of the practices or a prime spot for autographs? Whichever you choose, you have a decent chance of the other happening, too. If I am collecting autographs, I can usually get one or two, but it's not your choice. You just get whomever you get.

The players will start coming out around 8, and the practice will wind up around 10:30ish. Then, you can hang around as long as anyone is out signing autographs.

Sorry this was so long, but hope it was helpful. Ask if you have any specific questions. I'm a teacher, so I did go almost every day last year and many days the years before. However, I'm hoping to see more hustle this year! :cool:

Woohoo, my dad works for Re/Max which likely means VIP passes for me :) 3rd year running if he comes through.

Well, your punishment for being so dang lucky is going to be making a nice writeup for each day that you go, on ES! ;)

......Please! :)

Archived