Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help with Pulling Credit Reports

BadKarma

Guys I need help with credit reports, specifically which website I can use to gain access to the 3 bureaus. I used to work with companies where I could pull my own reports so this is the first time I have had to try to access them via private websites.

There are a ton of options online although I imagine half of it is bogus and is just designed to take your money. Anyone pull their reports lately using a website and were pleased with the experience please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

arghhhh.

SO I took PB's advice and started putting my info online at Equifax.com for the $29.95 "3 in 1" and after I put my ssn and cc info into the system it starts a verification process.

I am ok with that but the four "verification" questions it asked me were completely ridiculous as I dont and have never owned a home so they give me a number to call to continue verification as the answers I gave were apparently not what the system was looking for.

I call the number it gave me and of course I am speaking to someone in pakistan or india. They even list their hours of operation as something whacky like 8am-3am. The guy on the line starts asking me for my ssn and cc info again after trying to verify my credit report with a list of questioning to which I finally give up and tell him to forget it.

Is this for real? Why is an american credit reporting bureau outsourcing to india? Should i give them my info or am i right in assuming something is very off about this situation.

Know anyone at your bank or CU?

no, unfortunately not. :mad:

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to know that some guy in india is looking at MY credit report but I cant even get a look at it. This should be a government website everyone should be able to access for free.

arghhhh.

SO I took PB's advice and started putting my info online at Equifax.com for the $29.95 "3 in 1" and after I put my ssn and cc info into the system it starts a verification process.

Is this for real? Why is an american credit reporting bureau outsourcing to india? Should i give them my info or am i right in assuming something is very off about this situation.

They outsource so that they can charge you $29.95 and make a profit instead of having to charge $39.95 to make a profit. Asian labor = much cheaper than American labor. Especially for **** jobs.

If you need a REAL credit score go to MYFICO.com They are the only ones

who offer real FICO scores. The other sites can be off by as much as 100

points!!! You can only get 2 of the 3 scores now since Experian stopped

releasing FICO scores to consumers. All the other scores are basically

worthless. My last 2 credit pulls by banks matched my MYFICO score.

Read today somewhere that 25.5% of consumers had a score of 599 or less. That's friggin PATHETIC!

Yes it is.

The same report also stated that more people, 17.9%, are in the 800+ club.

Archived