Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 4

hail2theskins3

Sorry to disagree. Higher Megapixel, does not make the camera better. The lens and filtering can make a 5MP camera better than an 8MP. Not that the evo doesn't have that, as I haven't researched it. But to say it is better because it is 8MP, is not true. It's video is also 24fps vs the iPhone 30fps and weighs almost an ounce and a half more.

I think megapixels are usually overrated by the typical user. Most people aren't going to be producing large prints, and a 5mp camera will suit almost any computer monitor (probably all consumer monitors).

To the guy that said he had the 3g then got the 3gs that the iphone4 doesn't have any major upgrades over the 3gs. Come on man thats weak sause the 3g and the 3gs is almost identical other than a little speed difference and a compass its the same damn thing. My wifes 3g took better pictures than my 3gs that had the "upgraded camera".

The 4 is a whole new ball game its night and day a complete overhaul! The display is AMAZING HD BABY!!! The camera is takes super super clear pictures and awesome video with flash. Best on the any phone I have ever seen (beats The EVO in picture quality and totally destroyed it in the video department). The Iphone 4 is super fast and IMOVIE is that ****! I made a couple nice movies in a few minutes with the videos I had, needs a few updates to add some more features but its a killer app.

On the downside that stupid anteena issue is really really stupid! I can't believe that wasn't caught in testing. I am going to get a case anyway cause this bad boy is ALL GLASS and all of it is exposed so that issue will be eliminated but DAMN! how did they let that slip by. And charging everyone 30 for stupid bumpers that cost them less then 2 dollars to make is highway robbery should be included in the box or at the very most 10 dollars.

I think megapixels are usually overrated by the typical user. Most people aren't going to be producing large prints, and a 5mp camera will suit almost any computer monitor (probably all consumer monitors).

Exactly. My new iPhone takes plenty good enough pictures for me. Glad they finally added a flash.

To the guy that said he had the 3g then got the 3gs that the iphone4 doesn't have any major upgrades over the 3gs. Come on man thats weak sause the 3g and the 3gs is almost identical other than a little speed difference and a compass its the same damn thing. My wifes 3g took better pictures than my 3gs that had the "upgraded camera".

The 4 is a whole new ball game its night and day a complete overhaul! The display is AMAZING HD BABY!!! The camera is takes super super clear pictures and awesome video with flash. Best on the any phone I have ever seen (beats The EVO in picture quality and totally destroyed it in the video department). The Iphone 4 is super fast and IMOVIE is that ****! I made a couple nice movies in a few minutes with the videos I had, needs a few updates to add some more features but its a killer app.

On the downside that stupid anteena issue is really really stupid! I can't believe that wasn't caught in testing. I am going to get a case anyway cause this bad boy is ALL GLASS and all of it is exposed so that issue will be eliminated but DAMN! how did they let that slip by. And charging everyone 30 for stupid bumpers that cost them less then 2 dollars to make is highway robbery should be included in the box or at the very most 10 dollars.

The speed bump from the 3G to the 3GS is about the exact percentage as the bump to the 4G.

The 3GS added GPS, Video, bumped the MP to 3, doubled the memory, Voice Commands, increased the wireless capabilities, increased the battery life.

So no the 3GS is not just a little faster 3G.

Having said that the 4G is a big upgrade over the 3GS.

Not to hijack, but:

-The camera on the Evo's better. 8 megapixels are better than 5.

-With the $10 a month data plan, Sprint gives you true unlimited data. With the new iPhone, data's limited to 200MB or 2GB plans that cost $15 or $25...which also makes tethering useless. Plus 4G is so much faster, up to 10 times quicker than 3G.

-Wifi's not needed to videochat for the Evo, and can be done with computers...iPhone's is limited to other iPhones, over wifi.

-Screen resolution is preference, which is a trade off between quality and size, Evo's 4.3 inch, 800 x 480 or iPhone's 3.5 inch 960 x 640 display

So which is it? It can be done on the network, or you have to use computers? I'm confused.

As far as the camera goes, the head to head results have shown the IPhone 4's picture quality to be just as good or sometimes better than the EVO. Despite it having a higher megapixel count. Jobs ha gone on record and explained it's not all about megapixels. How deep the colors are, how well the lens retains the light, and the quality of the lens are just as important.

The left handed problem is supposedly a software issue with the radio band and will be fixed on Monday with a minor software upgrade.

The video recording is better as well and mist critics agree that Apple will revolutionize video chat with FaceTime.

Just like most things Apple does. They're simply more intuitive. I've never personally met someone who has owned an IPhone and hated it. In fact most say it's the best electronic gadget they've ever owned. Most that complain or compare have either never owned one, hate AT&T, or are just plain cynics who simply get off on hating what the rest of the world loves.

The speed bump from the 3G to the 3GS is about the exact percentage as the bump to the 4G.

The 3GS added GPS, Video, bumped the MP to 3, doubled the memory, Voice Commands, increased the wireless capabilities, increased the battery life.

So no the 3GS is not just a little faster 3G.

Having said that the 4G is a big upgrade over the 3GS.

I will give you the slight Speed, and VIDEO but everything else was barely noticeable. 3.0mp with the auto focus was WEAK! like I said at times my wife produced better photos with her 3g than I did with my 3gs. Voice commands is garbage, wireless capbilities I haven't noticed i guess if you taking about sterio bluethooth it was watered down. The battery life was the same too me.

It was a very very little upgrade to be honest nothing revolutionary at all.

Now with the 3gs to 4g its a huge huge difference,.

New design

SICK display

HD video

5mp CAMERA that beats a ton of point and shoot cameras.

Front facing Camera

FLASH

beast Prossesor

More Ram

IMOVIE (kick ass!)

FACE TIME beats my expectations! at first I was like yeah whatever cause its only over WIFI but man was I wrong face time rocks! Great quality

So which is it? It can be done on the network, or you have to use computers? I'm confused.

As far as the camera goes, the head to head results have shown the IPhone 4's picture quality to be just as good or sometimes better than the EVO. Despite it having a higher megapixel count. Jobs ha gone on record and explained it's not all about megapixels. How deep the colors are, how well the lens retains the light, and the quality of the lens are just as important.

The left handed problem is supposedly a software issue with the radio band and will be fixed on Monday with a minor software upgrade.

The video recording is better as well and mist critics agree that Apple will revolutionize video chat with FaceTime.

Just like most things Apple does. They're simply more intuitive. I've never personally met someone who has owned an IPhone and hated it. In fact most say it's the best electronic gadget they've ever owned. Most that complain or compare have either never owned one, hate AT&T, or are just plain cynics who simply get off on hating what the rest of the world loves.

Evo can videochat with computer users over programs such as Skype, over Sprint's 4G network, once the applications are fully developed. Meanwhile, iPhone's limited to other iPhone users, only on Wifi.

Of course Jobs has gone on record and said megapixels aren't everything...would you expect any different? And the study was released by Macworld, which combined aren't exactly unbiased sources. With the level of sophistication of both cameras, I doubt camera quality is really a sticking point between consumers choosing, because there isn't a vast difference. If anyone's that obsessed with picture quality, the only way to go is still a digital camera.

My iPhone has unlimited data at $30 a month. Sprint is cheaper than everyone because they have been losing the battle and are trying anything to keep people and entice people to switch.

Glad you like your Evo. It is a nice phone, but it is too big for my liking.

I don't see Sprint 'losing' as being relevant or even true. Their plans have always been cheaper.

The previous generations of iPhones did things NO other phone could do. Now you really can't say that's the case, despite personal preferences. I'm sure by the time the next iPhone is out HTC will have something that far surpasses both of these phones, so moderate annual updates to a new model probably won't work much longer for Apple.

There are however things the EVO does that the iPhone can't do...wifi hotspot, micro hdmi tv out connection, flash compatibility, fm radio, stick out to me...Apple had to add 'multitasking' to do something HTC's been doing for years...

Evo can videochat with computer users over programs such as Skype, over Sprint's 4G network, once the applications are fully developed. Meanwhile, iPhone's limited to other iPhone users, only on Wifi.

Of course Jobs has gone on record and said megapixels aren't everything...would you expect any different? And the study was released by Macworld, which combined aren't exactly unbiased sources. With the level of sophistication of both cameras, I doubt camera quality is really a sticking point between consumers choosing, because there isn't a vast difference. If anyone's that obsessed with picture quality, the only way to go is still a digital camera.

None of that will matter. It's not what other phones can or can't do, it's that the masses have already gone IPhone.

Once you can do FaceTime over 3G, this phone is going to crush all competition. FaceTime looks good and my children can do use it with ease.

Good call on the MacRumors call out though. I was hoping no one would notice that :-D

I'm so tired of hearing people say that. Out of the box, yes. But, you run a program that is foolproof to jailbreak it and the capabilities are limitless.

Jobs pissed me off with YOUR HOLDING THE PHONE WRONG COMMENT

But he hit it right on the noise with the camera Photo quaility iphone beats the EVO 8 times out 10 in any lighting or situation. And Video 720p Iphone vs EVO 720p its not close AT ALL iphone destroys it.

I'll take my Droid X in a few weeks over an iPhone with AT&T. :)

Please start a thread when you get it. The hype is unreal.

I'm tethered to Verizon because of my office. If the Droid X is everything they say it is, I may be looking to upgrade in the near future.

Please start a thread when you get it. The hype is unreal.

I'm tethered to Verizon because of my office. If the Droid X is everything they say it is, I may be looking to upgrade in the near future.

Oh I will. I'm not saying that it's going to be as good as the iPhone, maybe a 9 to the iPhone's 10 (I would I have one if it weren't on AT&T), but I'm loving what I'm hearing.

I love Verizon, and that's the reason that I won't be getting an iPhone.

Iphone 4 owners...I have a Iphone4 on order and I went to the AT&T store to check it out in person. I must say that it seems a little bit faster than my 3GS but I'm a little irked by the rectangular design. It just doesn't feel as good in the hands as the curved 3G.

Anyone else have this issue? Have you gotten over it?

Oh I will. I'm not saying that it's going to be as good as the iPhone, maybe a 9 to the iPhone's 10 (I would I have one if it weren't on AT&T), but I'm loving what I'm hearing.

I love Verizon, and that's the reason that I won't be getting an iPhone.

What exactly are you hearing?

What exactly are you hearing?

Are you asking about all of the Droid X coverage? engadget.com is my source for that. Droid X is probably the worst-kept secret in phones since, well, the iPhone.

As for comparisons: http://www.pcworld.com/article/199844/iphone_4_vs_droid_x_a_headtohead_comparison.html and pretty much anything else that you get when you Google "Droid X vs. iPhone 4"

I know that it's not out yet, but it looks wonderful. I'm very excited.

I also benefit from upgrading from an enV2 as my most advanced phone. While Oregon Trail and Backup Assistant are good apps, I'm looking for something more and anything will be better. :)

Iphone 4 owners...I have a Iphone4 on order and I went to the AT&T store to check it out in person. I must say that it seems a little bit faster than my 3GS but I'm a little irked by the rectangular design. It just doesn't feel as good in the hands as the curved 3G.

Anyone else have this issue? Have you gotten over it?

I think the new design is 1000% better. It feels a little heavier, but it's not slick like the 3G and 3GS.

I'm so tired of hearing people say that. Out of the box, yes. But, you run a program that is foolproof to jailbreak it and the capabilities are limitless.

But most people aren't inclined to have to jailbreak their phones to get those benefits at the expense of their warranty being voided. I know, I know, you can restore it to factory from iTunes, but again, if it's so easy and riskfree, why are less than 10% all iPhones jailbroken? Also, you have to 'rejailbreak' after every Apple update. Most people don't want to be bothered with that...especially when you consider Apple's wide appeal. The question should be why aren't these features you are jailbreaking to get offered from Apple in the first place?

But most people aren't inclined to have to jailbreak their phones to get those benefits at the expense of their warranty being voided. I know, I know, you can restore it to factory from iTunes, but again, if it's so easy and riskfree, why are less than 10% all iPhones jailbroken? Also, you have to 'rejailbreak' after every Apple update. Most people don't want to be bothered with that...especially when you consider Apple's wide appeal. The question should be why aren't these features you are jailbreaking to get offered from Apple in the first place?

I don't know the statistics, but most of the people I know who aren't jailbroken are because they see no benefit in it for them. The rest haven't done it because they essentially have a fear of the unknown and don't understand how easy it is.

Let's think...would Apple be giving away every app for free? Would AT&T be able to handle people making FaceTime calls all over the 3G network? How great would the network be if everyone had free, unlimited tethering?

There's a reason why the iPhone doesn't come with access to all of this.

Not to hijack, but:

-The camera on the Evo's better. 8 megapixels are better than 5.

-With the $10 a month data plan, Sprint gives you true unlimited data. With the new iPhone, data's limited to 200MB or 2GB plans that cost $15 or $25...which also makes tethering useless. Plus 4G is so much faster, up to 10 times quicker than 3G.

-Wifi's not needed to videochat for the Evo, and can be done with computers...iPhone's is limited to other iPhones, over wifi.

-Screen resolution is preference, which is a trade off between quality and size, Evo's 4.3 inch, 800 x 480 or iPhone's 3.5 inch 960 x 640 display

A higher number for megapixels is not always better. Are you doing insanely large prints with your EVO? Doubt it. Having a high megapixel camera with horrible filtering is like having a a really high powered processor with no RAM. iPhones display dominates the competition. You really have to see it to appreciate it.

3Gs also gets the updated OS.

Facetime is Wifi only. Cool idea but it won't add a lot of benefit for a couple of years.

And all those others are just simple speed upgrades. Still on the same network.

They are upgrades but not the major differences btw iPhone and 3G.

FaceTime is so bad ass. It is an open standard, something that most other programs aren't. I do not understand why so many companies stick to proprietary things. Money I guess. Skype has already said they want to work with Apple and FaceTime.

Sorry to disagree. Higher Megapixel, does not make the camera better. The lens and filtering can make a 5MP camera better than an 8MP. Not that the evo doesn't have that, as I haven't researched it. But to say it is better because it is 8MP, is not true. It's video is also 24fps vs the iPhone 30fps and weighs almost an ounce and a half more.

iPhone handles 720p HD video better than the Flip cameras :ols: :ols:

In a week you'll be able to use FaceTime on 3G. It's a big ****ing deal.

Really? Niceeeee.

A friend of mine who is a professional photographer has talked to me about the megapixel issue. Just because the megapixel count is higher does not mean it is a better picture.

Jobs pissed me off with YOUR HOLDING THE PHONE WRONG COMMENT

Is it really comfortable holding your phone with a death/vice/gorilla grip though? Worst case scenario, get a bumper/case for your phone, which will solve the problem if you don't want to change your grip.

Archived