Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 4

hail2theskins3

I don't get the hype over the iphone. I use my phone to talk to people, not to use it as a toy, but whatever.

Now an iPad. That is a gadget worth using and investing in.

Yeah I use mine to talk to people. But I also use it to keep memos, notes, check email, listen to my music, check sports scores, take pictures, take videos, check my bands facebook page, check the weather and radar including severe weather alerts, get directions, get food and drink recipes, check extremeskins, ....

BTW. The Droid phone has as much hype. I can't count how many droid commercials I see nightly.

Yeah I use mine to talk to people. But I also use it to keep memos, notes, check email, listen to my music, check sports scores, take pictures, take videos, check my bands facebook page, check the weather and radar including severe weather alerts, get directions, get food and drink recipes, check extremeskins, ....

BTW. The Droid phone has as much hype. I can't count how many droid commercials I see nightly.

I use my phone to keep memos, but that's pretty much it of all the things you listed. I don't need my phone to play music. Oh well, to each their own.

Just don't try using it as a phone with your left hand.

Yeah wish they caught that. :ols: I am hoping they come out with something to cover the antenna. Though a case would prevent that anyway.

However, I usually don't hold my phone up to my head anyway. Blue Tooth headset or the buds.

I don't get it.

There is an issue when you palm bridges the Wife ANtenna and the Cellular Antenna. Your signal will drop. Plenty of ways to avoid it. Still don't know how that wasn't caught. Maybe they are all right handed?

Blame it on the Chinese

There is an issue when you palm bridges the Wife ANtenna and the Cellular Antenna. Your signal will drop. Plenty of ways to avoid it. Still don't know how that wasn't caught. Maybe they are all right handed?

Blame it on the Chinese

Heh, that sucks. My fiancee is a lefty.

Blame it on the Chinese

Plus some people got a splotchy yellow screen because of some issues with glue. Its supposed to go away over time, but damn. :ols:

Plus some people got a splotchy yellow screen because of some issues with glue. Its supposed to go away over time, but damn. :ols:

Maybe something that will be fixed in the second batch of iPhone 4 releases?

Also, I have a 3G. Just how much clearer is the screen on the 4? Is there a noticeable difference from the resolution upgrade?

Maybe something that will be fixed in the second batch of iPhone 4 releases?

Also, I have a 3G. Just how much clearer is the screen on the 4? Is there a noticeable difference from the resolution upgrade?

The phone is a HUGE upgrade over the 3G. I have no yellowish tint to mine, nor do several buddies.

The screen is so much crisper than my old one, and my 3G was getting slow in places. The new one is night and day.

I got the original iPhone then 3Gs. I didn't see a lot of upgrades that made iPhone 4 a must have.

I'll wait to see if they fix the antenna issue and when the white ones become available. If the old 3Gs' are still selling well on ebay I might switch but definitely not feeling the need.

It doesn't really have any "major" upgrades over the 3GS but all the minor upgrades make it ALOT better. I haven't had any problems with the antenna thing but everytime someone finds a "defect" of the latest iPhone it overlooks all the great things the iPhone has.

2 of my close friends have the Evo 4G, supposedly better than the iPhone, and besides it having a bigger screen and offering 4G (which is $10 a month and isn't even where we live), it's not even close to the iPhone 4. The screen resolution, the camera, the apps, how simple it is to use, and just about everything else is better.

It doesn't really have any "major" upgrades over the 3GS but all the minor upgrades make it ALOT better. I haven't had any problems with the antenna thing but everytime someone finds a "defect" of the latest iPhone it overlooks all the great things the iPhone has.

2 of my close friends have the Evo 4G, supposedly better than the iPhone, and besides it having a bigger screen and offering 4G (which is $10 a month and isn't even where we live), it's not even close to the iPhone 4. The screen resolution, the camera, the apps, how simple it is to use, and just about everything else is better.

I can think of a couple major upgrades to the phone right off the bat...

-updated OS

-amazing display

-much faster processor

-more RAM

-new GPS chip

-new design

-new camera (both front & back)

-FaceTime

This is definitely a major upgrade to the phone and worth getting. As far as the antenna issue goes, using a death grip on the phone is really what causes those issues. My buddy who works for Apple said he has tried to replicate the problem and cannot get his phone to drop any calls or anything. Apple has said, too, that if you have this issue you can use a case or a bumper to alleviate the problem. If you don't want to spend extra cash, hold the phone properly :ols:

The Evo is a pretty wild phone, though. Sprints data plans are incredibly competitive. Problem with the Evo is that not everywhere has 4G yet and if you are using your phone in a non-4G area with 4G on, your battery gets sucked dry. Even in a 4G area, the battery life is pretty bad.

Not to hijack, but:

-The camera on the Evo's better. 8 megapixels are better than 5.

-With the $10 a month data plan, Sprint gives you true unlimited data. With the new iPhone, data's limited to 200MB or 2GB plans that cost $15 or $25...which also makes tethering useless. Plus 4G is so much faster, up to 10 times quicker than 3G.

-Wifi's not needed to videochat for the Evo, and can be done with computers...iPhone's is limited to other iPhones, over wifi.

-Screen resolution is preference, which is a trade off between quality and size, Evo's 4.3 inch, 800 x 480 or iPhone's 3.5 inch 960 x 640 display

iPhone 4 is incredible.

The new camera is amazing, the RAM makes it lightning fast, and FaceTime is just too cool.

I'm grandfathered in and have my unlimited data plan. A jailbreak is right around the corner and my tethering will be back, as well as FaceTime on 3G.

Even the Apple haters that I know that I've let handle the iPhone for 5-10 minutes are extremely impressed. I love it....

I can think of a couple major upgrades to the phone right off the bat...

-updated OS

-amazing display

-much faster processor

-more RAM

-new GPS chip

-new design

-new camera (both front & back)

-FaceTime

3Gs also gets the updated OS.

Facetime is Wifi only. Cool idea but it won't add a lot of benefit for a couple of years.

And all those others are just simple speed upgrades. Still on the same network.

They are upgrades but not the major differences btw iPhone and 3G.

Not to hijack, but:

-The camera on the Evo's better. 8 megapixels are better than 5.

-With the $10 a month data plan, Sprint gives you true unlimited data. With the new iPhone, data's limited to 200MB or 2GB plans that cost $15 or $25...which also makes tethering useless. Plus 4G is so much faster, up to 10 times quicker than 3G.

-Wifi's not needed to videochat for the Evo, and can be done with computers...iPhone's is limited to other iPhones, over wifi.

-Screen resolution is preference, which is a trade off between quality and size, Evo's 4.3 inch, 800 x 480 or iPhone's 3.5 inch 960 x 640 display

Sorry to disagree. Higher Megapixel, does not make the camera better. The lens and filtering can make a 5MP camera better than an 8MP. Not that the evo doesn't have that, as I haven't researched it. But to say it is better because it is 8MP, is not true. It's video is also 24fps vs the iPhone 30fps and weighs almost an ounce and a half more.

My iPhone has unlimited data at $30 a month. Sprint is cheaper than everyone because they have been losing the battle and are trying anything to keep people and entice people to switch.

Glad you like your Evo. It is a nice phone, but it is too big for my liking.

3Gs also gets the updated OS.

Facetime is Wifi only. Cool idea but it won't add a lot of benefit for a couple of years.

And all those others are just simple speed upgrades. Still on the same network.

They are upgrades but not the major differences btw iPhone and 3G.

In a week you'll be able to use FaceTime on 3G. It's a big ****ing deal.

I don't get the hype over the iphone. I use my phone to talk to people, not to use it as a toy, but whatever.

Now an iPad. That is a gadget worth using and investing in.

I think you have things reversed. iPhones have the benefit of ultimate portability and can do almost everything an iPad can do (and I'm pretty sure many things it can't). I use my laptop to do work on, and I could use an iPhone (which I don't own) to replace my laptop when I don't have it on me or don't feel like pulling it out.

I don't see the iPad as something I'd use for anything that useful. It's probably great for watching movies, and surfing the web (not good enough to warrant a purchase over a laptop), but I'd rather read books with a Kindle. I also don't like how it doesn't have any inputs.

Archived