Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Full Audio for Jammal Brown Radio Interview on LaVar Arrington Show (106.7 The FAN)

BurgundyBlog

Good interview.

He sounds like a team player.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that he "considers himself a LT" which I am interpreting to mean he wants to be paid LT type money. Heck, if I were paid LT type money I'd play any position they want me to as well.

Personally, I don't have any problem with that considering we are in an uncapped year..... but I fear that it will be possibly problematic with the front office considering we traded for him to play a specific position (aka at RT not LT).

We shall see. I still like the signing overall and am confident we are a MUCH better team now. Playoff chances are high; hoping for super bowl like he says. :)

Good interview.

He sounds like a team player.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that he "considers himself a LT" which I am interpreting to mean he wants to be paid LT type money. Heck, if I were paid LT type money I'd play any position they want me to as well.

Personally, I don't have any problem with that considering we are in an uncapped year..... but I fear that it will be possibly problematic with the front office considering we traded for him to play a specific position (aka at RT not LT).

We shall see. I still like the signing overall and am confident we are a MUCH better team now. Playoff chances are high; hoping for super bowl like he says. :)

I can't lie it did kinda bother me too after hearing it numerous time, but I'm all for it. Who knows, now that we have J. Brown we can move T. Williams to RT and keep J. Brown at LT, both their original positions. I don't see much sense in flipping them? but hey I'm no coach by any means. I guess the best should be able to play anywhere, and I applaud his passion to be okay with it. Since we flipped the entire FO, if we spend any type of top dollar, I have faith it will be for the right player and the right reasons. Go SKINS!

The only thing I'm concerned about is that he "considers himself a LT" which I am interpreting to mean he wants to be paid LT type money.

Very, very interesting (and important) point. I have to admit, this concept occurred to me as well. It was the only thing about the entire interview that wasn't absolutely glorious.

He definitely said it at least twice, and with purpose, as if he believes it strongly and/or has been coached by his agent to advertise it. You have to believe that it will affect contract negotiations.

I have two further thoughts on it: 1) Regardless of where he plays, I'm glad he still has the confidence and swagger to truly believe he belongs at the more premier position, and 2) the truth is, he deserves to. He made the Pro Bowl at LT in his last full season of play. He doesn't just belong there... he has excelled there. If he's fully recovered (and no one seems to be doubting that he is), I'm not sure he doesn't merit LT-type money even if he spends most of his time on the right. Especially with the versatility that he affords our line.

We have ignored the o-line for too long, and to our own peril. I think the new staff appreciates the importance of the unit, especially at the tackles spots. I hope we pay him what it takes, instead of allocating those dollars to overrated safeties, receivers, and nose tackles as has been our recent habit. I think locking down Williams and Brown for the next five-to-seven years would validate our presence in the NFC East more than anything short of establishing a young franchise quarterback.

Very, very interesting (and important) point. I have to admit, this concept occurred to me as well. It was the only thing about the entire interview that wasn't absolutely glorious.

He definitely said it at least twice, and with purpose, as if he believes it strongly and/or has been coached by his agent to advertise it. You have to believe that it will affect contract negotiations.

I have two further thoughts on it: 1) Regardless of where he plays, I'm glad he still has the confidence and swagger to truly believe he belongs at the more premier position, and 2) the truth is, he deserves to. He made the Pro Bowl at LT in his last full season of play. He doesn't just belong there... he has excelled there. If he's fully recovered (and no one seems to be doubting that he is), I'm not sure he doesn't merit LT-type money even if he spends most of his time on the right. Especially with the versatility that he affords our line.

We have ignored the o-line for too long, and to our own peril. I think the new staff appreciates the importance of the unit, especially at the tackles spots. I hope we pay him what it takes, instead of allocating those dollars to overrated safeties, receivers, and nose tackles as has been our recent habit. I think locking down Williams and Brown for the next five-to-seven years would validate our presence in the NFC East more than anything short of establishing a young franchise quarterback.

Yeah, I agree.... we shall see.

I have no problem with paying the man LT money to play RT.... considering how much we payed Haynesworth. And he's a very good fit for our system, and RT is supposed to be a mauler in zone blocking.

Man, this interview is the most refreshing thing I've heard in YEARS. Guy sounds committed and ready to play. He deserves big money and I think he'll play great at LT or RT. AWESOME pick up. Team player all the way, couldn't ask for more.

If our biggest problem with JB is that he thinks he's a LT then that is a great problem in my opinion. Better to have 2 LT than none.

He did say he would play RT so this should not be a problem except for his salary if he want's LT money. In an uncapped year this is not too big a problem.

Loved everything else he said.

he says he's a LT because he wants to be paid like a top LT. not a good RT.

which is perfectly fine, he's just drawing his line,and at the same time saying how happy he is to get the chance to play.

completely fine. hopefully he plays his ass off and dominates and earns that big money contract.

Lots of Gold in here.

Brown volunteered that he wants to be a Hog. He says he's always been a Hog. It all starts with the O-Line.

He's asked why he isn't holding out, since the Skins are asking him to play a different position than he's used to. Ha! His response: the team and game are bigger than any one person. He obviously wants to play LT bad, "I'm proven at LT." "I'm a LT, playing RT now." He's honest and still staying classy.

And the rest of the interview was just as good. If his performance matches his statements..... WOW!

I've been critical about Shanahallen getting old people. But I'm impressed by how they've worked on the O-Line. Just those two new tackles may lock down two spots on the O-Line, and they turn what was our liability starting into much needed depth on the rest of the line. Hope they get us upgrades or future prospects for guard/center this year or next.

Most of all, we go with the same O-Line for two years, like there's nothing we can do. Shanallen comes in, and BAM instant upgrades. It looks like they're showing us what we've been missing in the Front Office for awhile.

Archived