Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL Network Poll, Redskins 19th best team

LynneC

In the NFL Network series "32 teams in 32 days", which is a poll of team standings according to fan votes, the Redskins came in as the 19th best team, just ahead of the Cardinals at #20. Some of the other teams that have been announced already are the Rams, Lions, Chiefs, Raiders, Seahawks, and Bills (not necessarily in that order). The #18th best team has been revealed but I missed seeing who it is.

The commentators seemed to be in agreement that even with this year's improvements, the Redskins are not a .500 team. What to you all think about the ranking?

The commentators seemed to be in agreement that even with this year's improvements, the Redskins are not a .500 team. What to you all think about the ranking?

The coaching scheme both on offense and defense, the vibe coming from the players, Cerrato being gone, McNabb, and Kyle Shannahan make me feel we will be .500 in worst case scenario

The coaching scheme both on offense and defense, the vibe coming from the players, Cerrato being gone, McNabb, and Kyle Shannahan make me feel we will be .500 in worst case scenario

pretty much agree.

we won 4 games last year with: the worst tackle tandem in the league, a 2nd yr HC who was so incapable of calling a game that he was replaced, the 2nd worst running game in the league, and JC (whom i always liked, but who was not going to win games on his own).

all of those factors have been improved, and quite a bit. i know its not always that simple, but i think the 3/4 and haslett would have to fail pretty badly for us to win less than 8 games. thats my only real ?.

I know we all sit here and act like we know what we are talking about. We say the team should do this or that, we say our record will be this or that, but what do fans really know?

I enjoy coming in here in praising or scolding the team as much as anyone else. And there are some people here who I take what they say worth a little more. But, in reality, a pole opened up to the general football fan public is pretty much worthless when it comes to predicting actual outcome.

Now back to being a blind homer....

THAT POLL IS BULL****!!! WE ARE GOING TO BE WAY BETTER THEN THAT. WHAT THE HECK DO THEY KNOW???

I think that most polls about team rankings, lean very heavily on the last year played. This is what I lot of fans without inside knowledge of teams rely on.

Really. It's like a whole new team, top to bottom.

Agreed. Most fans can only go by what a team did last year.

And the Redskins weren't very good last year. :)

Most opposing teams' fans also don't pay as close attention to other team's moves as they do their favorite team (that includes us).

So they only really know the big things in regards to the Redskins (the hiring of the Shanahans, McNabb, the Hanyesworth issue).

It's not surprising Washington is ranked so low.

Archived