Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

God of War I issue -- Help me out if you can!

drtdrums

Maybe some of you can help me out. I just got God of War Collection for PS3, and I have a problem in Athens Town Square (Level 4) in GoW I. You're probably going to laugh when you hear this, but here's the problem.

I'm a completionist. I'm sick, and I have a problem. First step and all that. Anyway, I pretty much have to get every little item or chest or, well, anything. Otherwise it drives me crazy. Metal Gear Solid 4 nearly put me in the loony bin.

The problem here is that there are two chests that I can see but not reach. I'm guessing, due to the fact that they're so difficult to reach, that they contain feather/eye items. But that's a moot point. I don't care if it's a health chest. I have to figure out how to get there, and the biggest problem is the stupid fixed camera.

Anyway, these two chests are located on a balcony to the left of the main courtyard on the second story of the building. If you are in the courtyard where the lady falls to her death and facing the entrance to the building, it's to the left of that face of the building. There are three purple pillars on the balcony. The chests are only visible when you jump (again, stupid fixed camera).

I've looked at faqs. I've spent waaaaaaay too much time trying to figure out how to get to them. I even started to draw the layout of the building. I give. So I figured I'd tap one of the most useful resources available -- the minds of ESers. I know at least a few of you have GoW I sitting around and are curious as to whether or not I'm just hallucinating ;)

Thanks a ton to anyone in advance. I just hope I don't sound too nutty. But seriously. Please. Please. Help me out. I can't sleep thinking that there's a code monkey somewhere laughing *himself* to sleep over this grand practical joke he's foisted on the hapless completionists.

when you reach this point

At 3:42

go to the save point and face the balcony. then walk up to the edge and do a double jump towards the balcony but instead of jumping towards the balcony turn him around in mid-air and aim for the edge that you just jumped off from. If you do it right he will hang on from his fingers and you can position him to do a jump while he's hanging from the edge.

I hope that helps

http://www.unlimitedgamer.net/coverage/gow/gow_walk_04.php

That walk through mentions something that seems to be the chests your after. If it's not, forgive me, I'm not big on gameing, and I'm sure youve looked on here yourself; just I'm sat here with free time on my hand so I investigated.

Maybe that will help too:

Hail.

*Edit* Lol, Soup beat me to the post.

God you guys are good. I'm so glad I asked. I can't believe you have to go through another section (two videos worth) to come around to there lol. Wow.

Again, thanks a ton Soup and GHH. Loving this game so far. I just wish they'd do a Bloodrayne 3 for ps3.

Archived