Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey, lets trade Orakpo & T.Williams for Ochocinco

Why even post trash like this? They didn't accept our trade offer, so it didn't happen. Why stir up crap with stupid posts like this? Seriously?

Wow, did he piss in your night cap or something?

It's just relief that we didn't make a horrible move and a stark contrast to today's front office.

Why go off on the guy for that?

Wow, did he piss in your night cap or something?

It's just relief that we didn't make a horrible move and a stark contrast to today's front office.

Why go off on the guy for that?

Because it's a stupid ass post. That happened 2 seasons ago, why even bring it up now? It never happened, so why start a thread on what might have happened?

Yes, my night cap has an odd taste in it btw.....

So in five(ish) years, if his son doesn't stay on to his dad's team, then we MIGHT have a problem because Vinny signed the best defensive player available?

Dude, I hated Snyder for ten years, but he's doing it right. When's the last time that you saw him? He introduced Shanahan and then sat with the press. That's it.

1000% agreed so much it's why I changed my screen name. Granted, it may be premature to judge any actions with zero on field results as of yet, but you'd be hard pressed to find an argument that Dan hasn't at least done things the right way since the season ended. We have a competent GM, a more than competent HC, and a ton of offseason moves that certainly show a hell of a lot more brilliance than anything we've seen in a long damn time.

You don't really believe that do you? Change was coming after the Lions loss and nothing any of us did or said made a difference.

YOU don't really believe THAT, do YOU? Certainly change was already coming, but that much bad press certainly was in the back of Snyder's mind at the absolute least. Didn't mean to hijack the thread on the age old "who is the real fan, those that mailed or those that did not", but I just couldn't resist...

Because it's a stupid ass post. That happened 2 seasons ago, why even bring it up now? It never happened, so why start a thread on what might have happened?

I agree if the point of the thread was to simply bash Vinny or Danny. What those two boobs have done or wanted to do in the past doesn't have a bearing on what Allen and Shanahan are doing now.

However I do see value in going back and putting names to draft picks that some fans don't have a problem in trading away. If this thread was aimed for the fans who supported the trade and now they can look back and say "Wow, look at who we would not have if that trade went down. " Then maybe next time they won't be so eager to support the philosophy of giving away high picks for name players.

I thought that too, until I read the freakin post! Lighten up dude! This thread beats the hell out of the other 4,000 AH threads that all bash bid Al and his flippin contract. Further more, if the thread is so stupid, why waste your time posting in it? Do you just like being cranky?

Of course I believe it helped. Empty seats, visitor fans in big numbers. Declining concession sales. Bad tv press.

How did it hurt?

You are crazy as NC21 . All that did was give the media something to write about . The change was coming almost from the start of 2009 .

When Zorn was hired and since Gibbs left it was made exceptionally clear that Cerratto was on his last life . THIS was his show and there were a series of events that pointed to change happening ...

1) Was the Cutler saga .. the issue was not that we went after him and caused all the turmoil in the team and the them and us mentality in between the locker room and the FO ..what pissed Dan Snyder off was the fact we came so publicly after Cutler and then failed to close the deal .

2) The entire Zorn thing and the misshandling of the coaching situation which essentially killed the team 3 games in .

3) The fact that we always seemed to be reactionary with no clear plan in the 2 years of Vinnys missrule . Overpaying for FA (Big AL) with no idea if he would fit the system . A 2nd for Jason Taylor with no idea how he would fit the system, Bringing in Zorn to coach up Campbell then bring no coaching help for the guy etc etc

4) Turning on the fan basem negative stories about sueing pensioners, banning of signs seemed to be a turning point because I have the feeling that was a Dan Snyder reversal of policy with both Karl Swanson and Cerratto being dumped .

I really do not think the fan card farce did anything but point out how asshatted a tiny portion of the fan base can be to the players who go out there and give 100% like London Fletcher and Chris Cooley ...

You are crazy as NC21 . All that did was give the media something to write about . The change was coming almost from the start of 2009...

No need to stir up the old wounds of those unfortunate times. The truth is, only Dan Snyder knows at what point enough was enough. No need to call those who protested ass-hats.

Trent Williams is an unproven player along with Orakpo coming off a good year all because of Fats(AH). With Ocho we get that #1 receiver we have lacked for along time. He has proven that he is an elite player who also loves soccer and can dance well. This is good for us on all fronts. Where do I order the jersey?

:silly:

Oh my:wtf:

The movement didn't change things and I'm very good at math, thank you lol :cool:..

First off, man, the number in my username is THREE TIMES as big as the one in yours, so I'm the math authority. Yes, I did use a calculator to figure that out. So yes, I AM resourceful.

Second, of course it did. It was a massive tipping point. Would it alone have changed anything? Nah. But when people are making an effort to rent out Metro buses, talking to the media, mailing in fan cards, wearing more grocery bags on their heads, and missing games for the first time in a generation just to voice their displeasure while your team is falling apart, it makes a difference.

First off, man, the number in my username is THREE TIMES as big as the one in yours, so I'm the math authority. Yes, I did use a calculator to figure that out. So yes, I AM resourceful.

Oh, damn lol!! :rotflmao:...Good one lol :applause:

Second, of course it did. It was a massive tipping point. Would it alone have changed anything? Nah. But when people are making an effort to rent out Metro buses, talking to the media, mailing in fan cards, wearing more grocery bags on their heads, and missing games for the first time in a generation just to voice their displeasure while your team is falling apart, it makes a difference.

Snyder had the vast majority of the changes already in motion before the first fan card was ever sent in, and before the first bag was ever worn on anyone's head lol...Hell, according to reports he wanted to replace Vinny with Bruce Allen back when Gibbs was still the coach.

I'm not saying that the "movement" wasn't noticed or was irrelevant...but it wasn't the catalyst for all the changes that took place. In fact, the last thing we should want as fans is an owner who makes football decisions based on whichever segment of the fan base yells the loudest. You want to hope the owner of your favorite team has vast amounts of insight into the workings of the front office, coaching staff and overall organization that the average fan would not and could not have, and that he is using that knowledge to help form plans of action, both short-term and long-term.

Trent Williams is an unproven player along with Orakpo coming off a good year all because of Fats(AH). With Ocho we get that #1 receiver we have lacked for along time. He has proven that he is an elite player who also loves soccer and can dance well. This is good for us on all fronts. Where do I order the jersey?

:silly:

Vinny is that you? :paranoid:

I didn't read through this whole thread, but I hope someone mentioned that the 2nd pick was conditional and highly unlikely, but it sounds more damaging to say we offered 2 1sts than to tell the whole story.

the 2009 pick offered would be a 3rd round pick if we made the playoffs in 2008, and a 1st if we went to the Superbowl. We came close to neither. So basically we offered a 1st round pick for a proven receiver, but instead traded down for two receivers who we still don't know if can play yet. (But hopefully will be good :) )

This thread is random. That just goes to show how sick we Redskins fans really are we are constantly thinking about every little incident thats ever taken place with this team. 2 1st rounders for Ochocinco would have be maddening. Even if the 2nd 1st rounder was conditional a 1st round pick for a player who at the time was 29 years old is stupid.

I think that people are missing the point of the thread.

The technicalities of trading a first and conditional whatever pick are irrelevant; the fact that we are no longer going to make dumbass trades such as that is what's important. It's also important to look back and realize that it's much easier to stomach trading a first-round pick than it is to trade the player that pick brought us.

I wouldn't trade Orakpo for two firsts at this point.

Archived