Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey, lets trade Orakpo & T.Williams for Ochocinco

Did Synderatto really offer that up or is that what the Bengals demanded? It really seems like no one, not even Vinny would be that dumb.

I don't know if I believe that either. I've only heard about it on ES but I can't recall seeing any links or anything. The Vinny/Danny combo was dumb but I don't think they were that dumb.

I don't know if I believe that either. I've only heard about it on ES but I can't recall seeing any links or anything. The Vinny/Danny combo was dumb but I don't think they were that dumb.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, who initially denied the team had received offers for Johnson during a Tuesday news conference, confirmed to ESPN that Cincinnati turned down Washington's offer of two picks over the weekend.

Relax, it's the off-season bro. Maybe you should start a thread....oh wait that priviledge has been yanked.I digress....

For all the folks incapable of reading the 2 sentences in the first post. The Redskins offered the 2009 and 2010 first round pick for Chad Ochocinco, Bengals owner Mike Brown declined the trade saving the Raiders from being "The Redskins of the West".

Thanks for the history lesson and the Zing. Any chance you can bring up a thread on almost trading for Lance Briggs or Mark Sanchez? I mean there's plenty of cerato sucks threads. Way to be creative with yours.

Dan just needs to go away. Sign checks and move out of the country. He is still our biggest challenge with this franchise going forward.

Snyder's actually done everything right this offseason. Have you heard a peep out of him? Neither have I.

And to those bashing the thread: This trade proposal did happen after the 2008 season. Ochocinco for two first-round picks, and the feeling is that we actually pursued it.

Great hindsight thread! :cheers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, who initially denied the team had received offers for Johnson during a Tuesday news conference, confirmed to ESPN that Cincinnati turned down Washington's offer of two picks over the weekend.

That's not two first-round picks.

It's a first and:

a conditional third-rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first-rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels
The article fails to mention what the conditions were. For all we know they could have stipulated that the Redskins have to make the NFC Championship game or the Super Bowl to be a 1st rounder.

Still dumb? Absolutely. But not as dumb as offering two first-round picks straight up for Ocho****ingCinco.

He's not worth one first-round pick IMO.

This happened two years ago and was confirmed by multiple sources, including the in the link that MCD5 provided. (Great find.)

It's good to keep everything in perspective, no matter how bad the Haynesworth situation seems, at least Vinny isn't in charge anymore.

Also, that was our 2008 and 2009 1st rounder(or 3rd) rounders, not 2009 and 2010. We wouldn't have lost Trent Williams.

It would have essentially been:

Chad Johnson

FOR

Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Brian Orakpo (or Kevin Barnes based on the conditional)

Although the 2008 first rounder was involved in a multiple pick swap, so it's hard to pin down which players it was directly responsible for.

Snyder's actually done everything right this offseason. Have you heard a peep out of him? Neither have I.

:cheers:

What happens when Shanahan leaves? Hopefully his son takes over, and Dan disappears.

What we do know, is that Dan will still be here.

And his stench is strong. It continues to linger over the team(Fat Al.)

He is our biggest problem, and barring divine intervention, will probably remain our biggest problem for the next 10 or 20 years

What happens when Shanahan leaves? Hopefully his son takes over, and Dan disappears.

What we do know, is that Dan will still be here.

And his stench is strong. It continues to linger over the team(Fat Al.)

He is our biggest problem, and barring divine intervention, will probably remain our biggest problem for the next 10 or 20 years

If the 'Skins under Shanny are more successful than during the previous 10 years I think we have nothing to worry about. If the next 4 years go exactly like the last 10 then things could go back to what they were.

If the 'Skins under Shanny are more successful than during the previous 10 years I think we have nothing to worry about. If the next 4 years go exactly like the last 10 then things could go back to what they were.

Honestly, having more success than the Redskins have had during the last 10 years should not be that hard.

Archived