Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations new season ticket holder!

BuddyLeeGhostHunter

Congrats! Most likely upper level in the endzone. That's where I started but they are not all that bad. And the price you can live with.

Get ready for some tailgating! ES has a big one and it's great to drop by, bring some food, and have some fun.

Ditto - first timer here.

Funny thing: I had been on the waiting list since 2001 and got the call in late March. My fiancee has been on since '05 and got the call too.

I guess when rains, it really does pour.

We're stoked about being apart of the family, and look forward to years of great memories at Fed Ex Field!

A note to Chipwich in case he reads this thread...

:secret:Gee Chip, all these people saying they have been waiting 5-9 years on the wait list in this thread and two other threads. Maybe, just maybe you are wrong and GA season tickets are not available to just anyone anytime they want to call the ticket office. There really is a wait list and the Redskins are not lying to all of us.

Waiting for the conspiracy theorist to reply......:rolleyes:

Congrats on overpriced tickets and stupid fees/taxes associated with them?

I'd rather go the MTH route.

The MTH approach are MORE overpriced and have MORE "stupid fees" than buying season tickets.

If you want to criticize all of us for buying season tickets...you should at least be accurate. The MTH way allows you to pick and choose where you want to sit, which games you want to watch in person, and you don't have to pay full price for preseason games.

But go ahead....be a jerk....and make yourself sound superior to all of us who are proud to be season ticket holders. Without some of us selling you OUR tickets, you could not get inside the stadium.

Have a nice day!

Woo hoo!

So, after 10 years of waiting the letter finally comes.

What sort of seats can I expect? Probably nose-bleeds, right?:ols:

Anything I should be cautious about in particular?

stop pretending there is a waiting list, dan. the last time anyone had to wait ten years for tickets was before you bought the team.

The MTH approach are MORE overpriced and have MORE "stupid fees" than buying season tickets.

If you want to criticize all of us for buying season tickets...you should at least be accurate. The MTH way allows you to pick and choose where you want to sit, which games you want to watch in person, and you don't have to pay full price for preseason games.

But go ahead....be a jerk....and make yourself sound superior to all of us who are proud to be season ticket holders. Without some of us selling you OUR tickets, you could not get inside the stadium.

Have a nice day!

James Taylor

When you call out my name

You've got a friend.

Thanks for calling for me SandS.

Uh the reason so many tickets have previously been on the open market is ticket brokers were Snyders only way to sell out the stadium. The tickets in FedEx have not been sold out since it went 90K plus for sure. :beatdeadhorse: So I haven't been buying tickets from guys like you. :ols:

But thanks for calling me out. Please see thread where the guys mom signed up for the list LAST YEAR.

Oh and don't forget our bet. :pfft:

James Taylor

When you call out my name

You've got a friend.

Thanks for calling for me SandS.

Uh the reason so many tickets have previously been on the open market is ticket brokers were Snyders only way to sell out the stadium. The tickets in FedEx have not been sold out since it went 90K plus for sure. :beatdeadhorse: So I haven't been buying tickets from guys like you. :ols:

But thanks for calling me out. Please see thread where the guys mom signed up for the list LAST YEAR.

Oh and don't forget our bet. :pfft:

No...ticket brokers bought tickets because there was demand and they could make a profit by selling tickets at inflated prices well above what Dan Snyder was selling at face value. The problem was too many brokers were buying tickets combined with regular STHs reselling their tickets which has driven the price down. It's called capitalism.

The many posts from people getting tickets this year and years past is PROOF there is a wait list and that it is about 5-10 years. OR the many people that over the past several years bought tailgate tickets and club seats because they could not buy GA tickets.

And you quoted the wrong message. I didn't leave the message you quoted for you...I do not consider you a "jerk". I have a healthy respect for you, and simply believe that we will have to agree to disagree....but I love showing you the proof of the error of your way. I just wanted to make sure you were seeing all these new STHs who have been waiting 5-10 years to buy a ticket.

As for brokers....there are quotes in the Washington Post from last year from a couple brokers who were sold GA seats as part of a package to also buy Club seats. The Redskins stopped the TO agents when they found out about it because it was against club policy.

Any real proof that the Skins sell GA seats directly to brokers other than those that brokers buy for themselves being on the wait list? Brokers all over the USA put themselves on the NFL team wait lists to buy tickets all the time to resell. The Skins are not the only team that has brokers reselling tickets bought from them at face value.

IF the ticket is sold...to me, or any other happy STH, or a broker...it is a sold ticket. You cannot argue that GA tickets bought by ticket brokers do not count as a sold ticket. That's just irrational.

And you quoted the wrong message. I didn't leave the message you quoted for you...I do not consider you a "jerk". I have a healthy respect for you, and simply believe that we will have to agree to disagree....but I love showing you the proof of the error of your way. I just wanted to make sure you were seeing all these new STHs who have been waiting 5-10 years to buy a ticket.

Oh I know. Trust me SandS. I am torn with buying season tickets of my own. I yearn for the day the team is so good that tickets are the hottest seats in town. And I fear one day I will be stuck wanting to buy and can't (outside paying crazy prices) and kicking myself for not being a season ticket holder. So don't take my comments wrong. They aren't meant to be negative to being a season ticket holder, because deep down I want to pull the trigger myself.

In the meantime, I will play the aftermarket game. But like I said, I will see what I can pull off in September. :D

Woo hoo! So, after 10 years of waiting the letter finally comes.

Did you actively pursue STs through the TO in the years since you registered on the waitlist, or did the TO notify you out of the blue?

By actively pursuing, I'm asking if you called every year to check your status on the waitlist and reassure that your contact info was still current?

Did you actively pursue STs through the TO in the years since you registered on the waitlist, or did the TO notify you out of the blue?

By actively pursuing, I'm asking if you called every year to check your status on the waitlist and reassure that your contact info was the still current?

TO notified me out of the blue. None of my information has changed in the last 15 years.:ols:

Archived